Windows 10: This speed is impossible, isn't it?

Discus and support This speed is impossible, isn't it? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My system is Intel 660p PCIE x4 NVME boot disk (works at full speed, 1600Mb/s reads, 960-1000Mb/s writes) A SanDisk 3D Ultra SATA 3 SSD and a 1Tb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Pejole2165, Sep 4, 2019.

1. This speed is impossible, isn't it?

My system is Intel 660p PCIE x4 NVME boot disk (works at full speed, 1600Mb/s reads, 960-1000Mb/s writes)
    A SanDisk 3D Ultra SATA 3 SSD and a 1Tb Seagate Barracuda SATA 3 7200Rpm HDD.
    My boot drive contains 21Gb of files (Windows and a few utility apps).
    If I run a full imaging of this drive with Macrium Free with medium compression and use the 1Tb HDD as the destination, the process takes 2.41 minutes including verifying the image.
    This I think works out to near as damn it 790Mb/s written, this seems right from what I've read about the SATA 3 interface being a theoretical 6Gb/s but with overheads tends to cap out at 550Mb/s or there about.
    I have turned off Windows write caching for all drives.
    So what do these numbers really represent, see picture?

This speed is impossible, isn't it? [​IMG]

Because I really doubt a mechanical HDD can actually write at 30ish Gb/s.

:)

Pejole2165, Sep 4, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 4, 2019
  4. This speed is impossible, isn't it?

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

This speed is impossible, isn't it?

1. This speed is impossible, isn't it? - Similar Threads - speed impossible isn't

2. KB5034123 is impossible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5034123 is impossible: I can't get this latest update to install even from the manual download and the safe mode. I've been using MS OS before Windows was launched, and every Win version since. Some things seem never to change. I don't want to iterate all the fixes I've tried but I can assure you...
  3. Impossible to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to sign in: My computer recently did an update. The update restarted the computer a few times. When it completed I tried to login in with my pin but it says its been disabled due top too many failed attempts I've had none.The only other sign in option it gives me is the camera which is...
  4. Impossible to sign in

Impossible to sign in: My computer recently did an update. The update restarted the computer a few times. When it completed I tried to login in with my pin but it says its been disabled due top too many failed attempts I've had none.The only other sign in option it gives me is the camera which is...
  5. Slow internet speed results in impossible updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow internet speed results in impossible updates: Hey community & maybe microsoft, i currently have the issue where i cannot update anything through microsoft while i have a slow connection speed, such as windows update & items through the windows store. When i try to do so, itll go through a long period where it...
  6. Update Impossible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Impossible: Tried to update Windows 3 times. Finally got error code 0x007042b. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-impossible/8cc51ae5-1ee0-4fba-81c8-6b06a53b4309
  7. Sign in impossible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sign in impossible: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Irethius [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/grwlus/sign_in_impossible/
  8. IMPOSSIBLE to log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    IMPOSSIBLE to log in: This is how it all have started: out of nowhere, today, nvidia 3d settings were going to doom me later. Settings were taking no effect in any game, neither application nor global settings. I searched on the internet but it seems not many people had this problem so I decided...
  9. ISP speed isn't always the most important !!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ISP speed isn't always the most important !!: Hi folks We often see things like multi TB/s Internet speed -- yes of course that's great but in reality it's what you actually do with that speed and whether or not the target websites you download from are even capable of delivering anything like that speed. Here's a...
  10. Isn't Groove playback speed adjustable??

Isn't Groove playback speed adjustable??: Doesn't Groove allow playback speed manipulation the way the likes of VLC and WinMediaPlayer have done for years?? (Screenshots here make clear what I'd hope to find...) [ATTACH] -- THE CONTROL'S AT THE LOWER RIGHT OF THE INTERFACE HERE IN VLC PLAYER....