Windows 10: This Spotlight image is giving me a headache

Discus and support This Spotlight image is giving me a headache in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For the last few days, almost an entire week, the Windows Spotlight feature gave me a really nice looking image for my lock screen. It was a black and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MauveDragonTiddies, Nov 30, 2019.

1. This Spotlight image is giving me a headache

For the last few days, almost an entire week, the Windows Spotlight feature gave me a really nice looking image for my lock screen.

It was a black and white picture of a lighthouse.

I loved it, but I was bothered that I couldn't save it.

Today it changed into something else, and I started looking online for it, so I can set it as my lock screen image permanently.

Now, after a 2 hour search, I couldn't find it. I tried everything.

Yes, I've been to the appdata folder all the way to Assets, since every website claims I can find the Spotlight images there.

Well, it's not. And all the dates are years old.

Of course this works for everyone but me.

Regardless, I'm so desperate. I need to find this image, did anyone else have it?

And yes, I'm well aware about the spotlight.it-notes.ru website, and also about the black and white lighthouse pic there.

It's NOT the one. Mine was way closer to the actual lighthouse, and you had a good view of it along with the ocean. I also can't claim that I have photographic memory, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the same location either.

I'm starting to think I'm going crazy, but someone else HAD TO HAVE this picture too.

I don't think I'll ever be satisfied in my life again until I have this image, it's driving me crazy.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/MauveDragonTiddies
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MauveDragonTiddies, Nov 30, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows Spotlight image stuck

Hi Robin,

Windows Spotlight frequently changes the photos using
    Bing
    to provide an image-of-the-day giving everyone a fresher look every time they access their computers. This feature is dependent on the Internet connection and without it, you won’t be able to get yourself that special nature scenery.

Furthermore, we suggest following the steps below to resolve the issue:

• Right-click on the Start Menu.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the following commands (Wait for the process to finish before proceeding to the next steps.):
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, click Enter.
      • Sfc /scannow, click Enter.
      • Powershell, click Enter.
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
        then click Enter.
      • Restart the computer after the process.
    Don't hesitate to inform us on how it goes.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 30, 2019
  4. This Spotlight image is giving me a headache

How to fix problems with lock screen images (Windows Spotlight)

This Windows 10 Tip
    highlights the Windows Spotlight setting, which automatically uploads beautiful images of scenery daily from around the world for the background on the lock screen.

What steps should I try if I’m having trouble with Windows Spotlight?
    For example, what should I do if:

• The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the lock screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the sign-in screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight option doesn’t appear in my lock screen settings.
    • The Windows Spotlight image isn’t changing. (It shows the same image every day.)

Meliton Dec, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

This Spotlight image is giving me a headache

1. This Spotlight image is giving me a headache - Similar Threads - Spotlight image giving

2. Edge gives me headache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge gives me headache: Edge not working properly in Windows 11. I clear cache and cookies over all still the same. It will not respond sometimes and when I open a new link it will not open at all. I can only open first page and not even responding when you open a new tab. I have Windows 11 so it is...
  3. Edge gives me headache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge gives me headache: Edge not working properly in Windows 11. I clear cache and cookies over all still the same. It will not respond sometimes and when I open a new link it will not open at all. I can only open first page and not even responding when you open a new tab. I have Windows 11 so it is...
  4. Bluetooth is giving me a headache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is giving me a headache: So, my Bluetooth just vanished like a fart in the wind. I reinstalled the driver and made sure it was updated, ran Bluetooth troubleshooter, made sure all other drivers/computer were up to date, SFC for fun, DISM for fun, made sure Bluetooth was on in services, etc. The only...
  5. Bluetooth is giving me a headache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is giving me a headache: So, my Bluetooth just vanished like a fart in the wind. I reinstalled the driver and made sure it was updated, ran Bluetooth troubleshooter, made sure all other drivers/computer were up to date, SFC for fun, DISM for fun, made sure Bluetooth was on in services, etc. The only...
  6. Realtek Driver not installing properly, giving me headaches.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Driver not installing properly, giving me headaches.: Hello guys! I recently bought a new microphone for my setup like 4 days ago and since then, I am trying to make it working, and it's giving me a lot of headaches. It's a jack device and it's not detecting it, neither my speakers, only my headphones which they are USB. Need to...
  7. spotlight images

in Windows 10 Customization
    spotlight images: where the spotlight images are stored in my windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-images/7441cf2b-45f3-451d-9f81-4491effb19a7
  8. Windows Spotlight images

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight images: Why are all the photos I see from the US and Europe? How do I broaden the range to include countries in Africa, Asia, Oceania, South America etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-images/4e07d6d6-d545-4898-880b-3f1fe0191041
  9. Spotlight images question

Spotlight images question: Did MS change something with the way Spotlight images are handled? I use to be able to access the image files using Winaero so I could save the images in a special directory. Now, even though new images appear on the screen the files don't appear on the PC using Winaero, or...
  10. Spotlight won't give me photos I prefer

Spotlight won't give me photos I prefer: Generally, I want photos of nature with with bright sunlight, but spotlight keeps giving photos with little sunlight, mostly shot on cloudy days. I actually like them, but what chance will I have of getting what I want most if I give that feedback? I was in this position...