Windows 10: This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...

Discus and support This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My normally pristine PC display has been marred by a curious and unwelcome visitor! A thick black line has materialized directly underneath the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shanjid Rafin, Apr 22, 2024.

1. This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...

My normally pristine PC display has been marred by a curious and unwelcome visitor! A thick black line has materialized directly underneath the taskbar, stubbornly refusing to budge. This unexpected development disrupts not only the visual aesthetics of my desktop but also potentially hinders functionality depending on the line's size.The Problem:A thick black line has inexplicably appeared on my PC display.This line sits persistently below the taskbar, potentially obscuring its contents.The cause of this line's emergence is unknown.The Stakes:This visual anomaly detracts from the overall user

:)

Shanjid Rafin, Apr 22, 2024

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 22, 2024
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Sudden black screen

Hi Dorota,

There are several reasons why you received this black screen error on your computer. One of these is a corrupted driver for your display adapter. To troubleshoot your concern with Windows 10, we suggest that you perform the steps
    provided on this link.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Apr 22, 2024
  4. MrSukif Win User

This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...

Small black line at taskbar height

Dear Microsoft community,

I recently bought a second monitor and after playing some Elden Ring (this issue tends to worsen after playing this game OR it's just a coincidence) I got a thin black line in my taskbar. It's the same problem as here: Redirecting BUT with a twist!
    Firstly the black line was thin, almost not seeable. Then I started doing the instructions from JhakeSong from the thread above and it not only worsen my problem, the thin line got thick and after this secure boot method, a second line appeared.
    I don't know exactly what happened then, but after couple of minutes, the second line vanished (small relief) but the first thick line still persists.

The line now looks like this and stretches through the whole taskbar: imgur.com
    P.S. no, if I move the taskbar, the line doesn't change. This has nothing to do with the taskbar (I think) but with something else entirely.

The monitor is a Gigabyte M27Q

I'm using Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044

Please help.

MrSukif, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...

1. This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting... - Similar Threads - sudden black line

2. This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...: My normally pristine PC display has been marred by a curious and unwelcome visitor! A thick black line has materialized directly underneath the taskbar, stubbornly refusing to budge. This unexpected development disrupts not only the visual aesthetics of my desktop but also...
  3. This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...

in Windows 10 Customization
    This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...: My normally pristine PC display has been marred by a curious and unwelcome visitor! A thick black line has materialized directly underneath the taskbar, stubbornly refusing to budge. This unexpected development disrupts not only the visual aesthetics of my desktop but also...
  4. 1 Wide black pixel line under my taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 Wide black pixel line under my taskbar Windows 11: Can someone help me to get rid of this glitch black line under my taskbar?The black line under my taskbar looks like a glitchy pixel. When I hover my cursor at the top of my screen, It will also show under the black line in the taskbar.I did already a lot about this but still...
  5. 1 Wide black pixel line under my taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 Wide black pixel line under my taskbar Windows 11: Can someone help me to get rid of this glitch black line under my taskbar?The black line under my taskbar looks like a glitchy pixel. When I hover my cursor at the top of my screen, It will also show under the black line in the taskbar.I did already a lot about this but still...
  6. 1 Wide black pixel line under my taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. 1 Wide black pixel line under my taskbar Windows 11

8. Black Bar under my Taskbar.

Black Bar under my Taskbar.: Why is there a black bar under my taskbar, I had this problem yesterday and at some point this bar disappeared and when I started my laptop today this black bar is showing up again, I don't know what the cause is. I haven't damaged the screen and my drivers are all up to...
  9. What might be the problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What might be the problem?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OriginalTrumPutin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m1w0dh/what_might_be_the_problem/
  10. Green Line Under Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Green Line Under Taskbar: I know this has to do with virtual desktops... but it's super obnoxious. Is there a way to get rid of it? I don't really need or want multiple desktops anyway, and it's irritating that it shows a little green bar under every program even when I only have one desktop... 14448