Windows 10: This trash driver update broke my microphone

Discus and support This trash driver update broke my microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My driver booster one day updated my realtek driver after the update of the driver my mic broke for some reason that idk my specs Processor IntelR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PY_Abdelrhman, Jan 6, 2023.

1. This trash driver update broke my microphone

My driver booster one day updated my realtek driver after the update of the driver my mic broke for some reason that idk my specs Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.67 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display Laptop and my graphics card is radeon 530 tm ok i rolled back my driver update i will tell ya any updates if my mic got back again

:)

PY_Abdelrhman, Jan 6, 2023

2. This trash update broke my microphone

This new windows update broke my microphone. Last night I closed my computer and had no other option than first downloading the update and then shutting it down. I did that and today my microphone is broken. The log said something about a realtek update I didn't understand at all. Can you tell me how to fix this PLEASE?!?!?!?!?

Juho.Hautala, Jan 6, 2023
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Microphone Driver is not functioning well

Hello Jericho,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check the status of this issue.

Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software. This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed. You may be
      prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.
    • Select the Recording tab.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.
    • Select the Levels tab.
    Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
    Apply.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Arul_D, Jan 6, 2023
  4. This trash driver update broke my microphone

This trash update broke my microphone

Hi, Juho.Hautala

If you've recently installed a Windows update, uninstall the update to try to resolve the issue.

1. Select Start > Settings > Windows Update > Update history > Uninstall updates .
    2. On the list that appears, select update you want to remove, and then select Uninstall.
    If you don't want to rollback, you can try installing the Realtek driver manually.

Are you using a laptop or a desktop? What is the model and brand or the name of the motherboard ? (if desktop)

Rick Norton, Jan 6, 2023
Thema:

This trash driver update broke my microphone

1. This trash driver update broke my microphone - Similar Threads - trash driver update

2. This trash driver update broke my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This trash driver update broke my microphone: My driver booster one day updated my realtek driver after the update of the driver my mic broke for some reason that idk my specs Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.67 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  3. This trash driver update broke my microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This trash driver update broke my microphone: My driver booster one day updated my realtek driver after the update of the driver my mic broke for some reason that idk my specs Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.67 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  4. Windows Update broke my AMD GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update broke my AMD GPU drivers: After a recent windows update my drivers for my rx480 broke, the fan control is broken and is always at full RPM I have tried to reinstall the drivers but to no avail. If anyone has some advice it would be invalueable....
  5. Windows Update broke my AMD GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update broke my AMD GPU drivers: After a recent windows update my drivers for my rx480 broke, the fan control is broken and is always at full RPM I have tried to reinstall the drivers but to no avail. If anyone has some advice it would be invalueable....
  6. Windows Update broke my AMD GPU drivers

7. This trash update broke my microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This trash update broke my microphone: This new windows update broke my microphone. Last night I closed my computer and had no other option than first downloading the update and then shutting it down. I did that and today my microphone is broken. The log said something about a realtek update I didn't understand at...
  8. This trash update broke my microphone

This trash update broke my microphone: This new windows update broke my microphone. Last night I closed my computer and had no other option than first downloading the update and then shutting it down. I did that and today my microphone is broken. The log said something about a realtek update I didn't understand at...
  9. Update trashes my local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update trashes my local network: Why does each update remove my local network settings and replace them with what Windows seems to believe I want or need? I'm running Win 10 Pro on two computers and I want these to talk to each other, share files, etc. Shouldn't be that hard. However, after an update,...
  10. Win10 ver.1803 Broke My Microphone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 ver.1803 Broke My Microphone: After I did the update for the Win10 update, my microphone wouldn't work. I checked if it was a hardware based problem, but it's not after using multiple headphones that use the 3.5mm mic jack and even using a USB based microphone. So its clear that its a software based...