Windows 10: This tweak / hack still work today on Windows 10 ?

Discus and support This tweak / hack still work today on Windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; https://www.nextlevelgamer.com/tweak...formance-tweak https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5695/ So basically, this EXE is giving the benefits of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 25, 2019.

1. This tweak / hack still work today on Windows 10 ?

https://www.nextlevelgamer.com/tweak...formance-tweak

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5695/
    So basically, this EXE is giving the benefits of running windows media player in the background, without windows media player (which is CPU heavy) slowing your game down some.The CMD is essentially allowing your CPU to respond to how much use you can get out of it. It's something Microsoft hid in their software to make them superior to their rivals, i.e. Itunes. The CMD cannot allow your frequency to go over the maximum limit. It simply allows your cpu to max out. This is why many who attempt to use this with lower end CPUs will not notice the difference.

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 25, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

theres a windows 10 tweak thread started by w1zzard, i suggest keeping all the tweaks in there.

Mussels, Apr 25, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

This tweak / hack still work today on Windows 10 ?

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

This tweak / hack still work today on Windows 10 ?

1. This tweak / hack still work today on Windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - tweak hack still

2. Tweak Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tweak Windows 10: Hi All! I want to tweak my Windows 10 Dsiplay like this https://technastic.com/2-best-macos-like-docks-for-windows-10/ Is what I'm doing breaking the rules of Microsoft?...
  3. Need Help for Windows settings/tweaking via Reg hacking & For NTLite

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help for Windows settings/tweaking via Reg hacking & For NTLite: Hello everyone, firstly, am new here & this is my first post so if I violate any rules please let me know. I need some help regarding windows ISO customization via NTLite Now that the recent 19H1 ISO released, I've downloaded the EN UK x64 Consumer ISO & using latest NTLite...
  4. tweak?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tweak?: I was having slow speeds transferring files across two pcs (sometimes3.3 kps) hit upon this tip will searching google. control panel/device manager/network adapters choose your ethernet adapter/properties advance tab large send offload (ipv4) to disable large send offload...
  5. Registry tweaks from Win7 that no longer work in 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry tweaks from Win7 that no longer work in 10: I have somewhat automated installation process of Windows 7 that works really well, but parts of it don't work in Windows 10. I could use some help. Problem1: At some point during messing around with mounted installation image, I apply various reg tweaks, specifically new...
  6. Tweaks & Tune For Windows 10 Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tweaks & Tune For Windows 10 Gaming: Anyone have/recommend a best-practices tutorial on how to best setup Windows 10 for high performance gaming? I have one to suggest though I have not used these tweaks long enough yet to say if all are recommended. Don't know the guy that made this but many of the settings...
  7. Seeking Media Player Recommendations.... (or VLC Tweaks/Hacks)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seeking Media Player Recommendations.... (or VLC Tweaks/Hacks): Hi all, I've been looking for something to fill the missing features that VLC seems to lack. I love VLC and it's ability to be lightweight and play from Network paths without a problem. Here's what I'm looking for: Media Library kind of like what Winamp had, where it...
  8. Cleaning and tweaking Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cleaning and tweaking Windows: I'm looking for help with a couple of problems. Permanently get rid of the language input indicator. (Solved, see this guide) Permanently get rid of the safely remove hardware icon.(Solved by installing this program, then using CCleaner to get rid of it from programs and...
  9. Windows 10: Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks: Despite still being very much an early preview, Windows 10 is already brimming with handy new featues, along with new tweaks and tricks—and, because the operating is still in preview, a handful of those tricks unlock powerful functionality hidden to everyday users....
  10. Tweaking Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Tweaking Windows 10: Not sure if this should go in "Customization" thread, but, here it goes: Hello. I am trying to 'tweak' my copy of Windows 10. One of my projects is to delete unecessary files, freeing up disk space (my primary 1 TB SSD is already almost full). So, this I have planned:...