Windows 10: This update is the worst thing to happen to me

Discus and support This update is the worst thing to happen to me in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sure, do the update my computer suggests… Ever since I did the update yesterday my computer won't turn on and just stays frozen in that black HP start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rebecca Standridge - 1186, Aug 22, 2019.

1. This update is the worst thing to happen to me

Sure, do the update my computer suggests… Ever since I did the update yesterday my computer won't turn on and just stays frozen in that black HP start up screen. I do hard to shut down after hard shut down and sometimes I can get to my main screen but most of the time it just stays frozen. I tried to do the reset but I could only reset to last night which was after this issue, I don't know why I couldn't restart to an earlier time. Heeeeeelp!

:)

Rebecca Standridge - 1186, Aug 22, 2019
  2. 3991vhtes Win User

Worst Thing that Could Happen?

The worst thing that would happen is the motherboard wont post.

I tried to get a 333FSB athlon XP on my MSI KM2M combo, and it would only support 266FSB, and it didn't post.

3991vhtes, Aug 23, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User

You will be able to recgonize wether it is socket 423 or socket 478 when you take the heatsink off the CPU currently on. Socket 423 had just the core on it with exposed wafer and cache like the PIIIs and Socket A processors. Socket 478 has the Integrated Heat Spreader.

//worst thing that could happen is it won't post, and it might even yell (beep) at you. If so, just slap the old CPU back in.

4. This update is the worst thing to happen to me

I'm gonna be replacing my GF's old Dell Processor with a new one I bought off d44ve. I've read a couple things online that say the max FSB it's mobo is capable of its 433, but I think the one I bought off d44ve is 500Mhz. (FYI, Dell said max RAM on that mobo is 512mb, I successfully installed 1gb w/ no problems and full OS recognition).
    So, if I swap the proc, and there's a compatibility issue, what's the worst thing that could happen to the computer? Instability? I just reswap the old proc back in right?

Thanks

surfsk8snow.jah, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

This update is the worst thing to happen to me

1. This update is the worst thing to happen to me - Similar Threads - update worst thing

2. Weird thing happening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird thing happening: A while back I changed my mouse to an animated one, and since then I have been having this weird problem where over time my audio starts to have static in it and my cursor animation starts slowing down ,it is fixed with a restart but always comes back near end of the day, is...
  3. Wierd things are happening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wierd things are happening: The color purple is intensified and most blue colors have a purple tint to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wierd-things-are-happening/74e3bdae-5922-4bc8-9969-6d5a24da9ab5
  4. This very weird thing happens to me, WHY?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    This very weird thing happens to me, WHY?: This thing is happening to me, if I hover over an app then move away my cursor, this happens. It stops every time I restart my laptop, my comes back in a bit, it may sound as a small thing, but is blocks words, and isannoying overall. Please If you have a fix tell me, I can't...
  5. Weird thing happen

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird thing happen: I had windows screen, like when you freshly installed windows. Where is screen when you have to click continue and than write email to create microsoft account. I though perhaps i got updated to 2004. But no. Any idea why this showed up??? 161052
  6. Worst update ever

Worst update ever: The new update is terrible, terrible font, terrible working and mostly all they did was add 50% more ads. If I wanted to fight ads I would go to the AD site thought there is not much difference now. Want my old windows back. Time to look for a new server....
  7. Strangest thing thats ever happened to me in windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strangest thing thats ever happened to me in windows: I am in agony right now. I built my own pc for the first time and yesterday I installed apps like photoshop, premiere pro, FL Studio and plugins, everything worked fine untill I went to bed and the next morning everything was GONE. My main folder luckily made it alive and it...
  8. Microsoft to fix the worst thing about Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to fix the worst thing about Windows 10 updates: Microsoft could be planning a major overhaul of how features and updates are delivered to Windows 10. Currently, Windows 10 updates and features are delivered twice a year via built-in Windows Update page. This could change soon, according to a new reference in preview builds...
  9. Weird things happening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird things happening: Hello So yesterday i opened task manager to check something and the processes tab was empty + users. Today when i turned me pc on start menu wont open task manager still have same problem and i have not installed any updates or installed some programs + antivirus dont show...
  10. Crazy things happening

Crazy things happening: Since last update, My RCA tablet with keyboard is doing crazy things. It acts as tho someone else is on here with me and clicking all kinds of things that I am not clicking. Things are constantly poping up and have to fight to get control of mouse to remove all the things...