Windows 10: this version of The file path setup.exe is not compatible with the version of windows...

Discus and support this version of The file path setup.exe is not compatible with the version of windows... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so I was upgrading my windows 10 laptop from 32-bit to 64-bit using advanced start up and command prompt and then this message came out after I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AbdElWahabAhmed, May 8, 2021.

1. this version of The file path setup.exe is not compatible with the version of windows...

so I was upgrading my windows 10 laptop from 32-bit to 64-bit using advanced start up and command prompt and then this message came out after I tried to run setup.exe : "This version of the file path setup.exe is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher" I have work to do with this laptop and I need this 64-bit OS, so please find me a solution

:)

AbdElWahabAhmed, May 8, 2021

2. Windows 10 Game Compatibility

Hello Debie,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

There are some programs that need new definitions compatible with Windows 10. Till the time they are unavailable you can install the programs compatible with previous versions of operating system in compatibility mode. If you can access the executable (.exe)
    file for the game, I would suggest you to follow the below provided steps:

Step 1: Download and save the game on the desktop.

Step 2: Install the game in compatibility mode.

• Right click on the .exe file, and click on Properties.
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    • Select Windows 8 (or any other compatible OS) in the list of Operating systems.
    • Click OK.
    • Double-click the executable file to install the game and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Reboot your computer.
    Additional information:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, May 8, 2021
  3. Compatability Report WRONG

Hello Jerry,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

There are some programs/drivers that need new definitions compatible with Windows 10 while there are some that are shown incompatible but still work on Windows 10 depending on various circumstances. Till the time they are unavailable you can install the programs
    compatible with previous versions of operating system in compatibility mode. If you can access the executable (.exe) file for the game, I would suggest you to follow the below provided steps:

Step 1: Download and save the programs on the desktop.

Step 2: Install the program in compatibility mode.

• Right click on the .exe file, and click on Properties.
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    • Select Windows 8 (or any other compatible OS) in the list of Operating systems.
    • Click OK.
    • Double-click the executable file to install the program and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Reboot your computer.
    Additional information:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, May 8, 2021
  4. this version of The file path setup.exe is not compatible with the version of windows...

Windows 10 file path on screensaver

Hi Claire,

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on a particular picture.
    • Select the option Properties, look for the path “Location”.
    Note: New Windows version it is mention as Location instead of File path.

Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you

Prabhavathi Patil, May 8, 2021
Thema:

this version of The file path setup.exe is not compatible with the version of windows...

1. this version of The file path setup.exe is not compatible with the version of windows... - Similar Threads - version file path

2. File not compatible with windows version - false positive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File not compatible with windows version - false positive: Several weeks ago I received a "file not compatible with windows version" error message when trying to open a Word 2007 file on my HP Compaq dc7900 computer running W7 Home Premium 64 bit. Other Office 2007 programs worked fine until recently eg Excel, Access, Powerpoint and...
  3. File not compatible with windows version - false positive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File not compatible with windows version - false positive: Several weeks ago I received a "file not compatible with windows version" error message when trying to open a Word 2007 file on my HP Compaq dc7900 computer running W7 Home Premium 64 bit. Other Office 2007 programs worked fine until recently eg Excel, Access, Powerpoint and...
  4. Bitlocker Window version is not compatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Window version is not compatible: I have 2 laptops. 1- Ideapad win 10 Home Activated 2- Thinkpad win 11 Home 22h2 22581.200 Beta Activated I removed SSD from 1st which had win10 installed and attached it to the 2nd laptop. then I removed it back to the original laptop. Then, on startup, it asked for BitLocker...
  5. Bitlocker Window version is not compatible

Bitlocker Window version is not compatible: I have 2 laptops. 1- Ideapad win 10 Home Activated 2- Thinkpad win 11 Home 22h2 22581.200 Beta Activated I removed SSD from 1st which had win10 installed and attached it to the 2nd laptop. then I removed it back to the original laptop. Then, on startup, it asked for BitLocker...
  6. Setup Version

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setup Version: Trying to install Logitech Flight Throttle Quadrant onto my computer. Popup for 7z setup fsx states: “You are running the 32-bit version of Setup on a 64 bit version of Windows. You need to find and run the 64 version and run that.” I have confirmed that I have a Windows...
  7. DirectX version not compatible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX version not compatible?: I am trying to get the online game The Elder Scrolls to run, but when I hit play, I get a message saying that the DirectX version is unsupported. It gives you an information link in the hopes of fixing this problem, and it says that the game needs DirectX 11 to run. My laptop...
  8. Not Compatible with Version of Windows

Not Compatible with Version of Windows: Greetings all. This is my first post so hopefully it is the correct forum. I came across Access 2000, I know nothing about DB so for something to do I installed it on my computer. I also bought the "Access 2000 Bible", by Cary Prague,which included a CD with the practice...
  9. Not Compatible with Version of Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Compatible with Version of Windows: Greetings all. This is my first post so hopefully it is the correct forum. I came across Access 2000, I know nothing about DB so for something to do I installed it on my computer. I also bought the "Access 2000 Bible", by Cary Prague,which included a CD with the practice...
  10. System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: This version of %1 is not compatible with the version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: This version of %1 is not compatible with the version...: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running....