Windows 10: This Website, and microsoft in general

Discus and support This Website, and microsoft in general in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does this website pretend to be some sort of microsoft answer department, when in reality it's just a bunch of windows fan boys? Why does my nice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Feral Scholar, Apr 19, 2021.

1. This Website, and microsoft in general

Why does this website pretend to be some sort of microsoft answer department, when in reality it's just a bunch of windows fan boys?

Why does my nice fancy computer get slower and slower, even though I don't add any programs or anything of the sort? Why is there no feature to deal with whatever is causing it?

Why is there stuff in my task manager that, when searched online, returns nothing but a bunch of russian sites?

On that note, why does it seem like my computer is spying on me? Nothing I can pin down of course...

Why wont microsoft treat me like a human being who paid a LOT from my point of view at least of money for his computer?

Why is there a bunch of absolute **** on my computer that I cant uninstall, like "your phone" or the xbox game bar which i am not very impressed tattles on me and posts my activity even though i have tried my best to disable it... What if I want to uninstall microsoft edge for that matter...

What is microsofts problem with the screen saver?

Why is microsoft trying to control how i use my device instead of figuring out what I want to do with it and offering that?

It's all a bit like the self checkout at the grocery store: enjoy scanning and bagging two hundred dollars worth of stuff after you get done shopping, thanks come again <owner leans against the wall, snaps his fingers and points at you>

I dont expect any answers from any of you, in fact i don't really care if any of you respond.

I HATE windows, that goes double for the owner.

Microsofts predatory business practices have left the field devoid of any competition, and microsoft never really was adequately punished for such.

The punishment should have been revocation of their incorporated status and a break up of the company, for all the good that would do, amiright Ma Bell?

:)

Feral Scholar, Apr 19, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 19, 2021
  4. This Website, and microsoft in general

Microsoft Edge audio issue with a website (and perhaps others?)

Thanks for the suggestion Melowin. I followed the steps but unfortunately this did not resolve the audio issue for the website Coming Soon. Still no audio.

In contrast the website How To Pronounce: Online Multilingual Pronunciation Dictionary I mentioned in my original posting was not impacted by this change either.

Kevin Kramer, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

This Website, and microsoft in general

1. This Website, and microsoft in general - Similar Threads - Website microsoft general

2. Microsoft Store App , General navigation of the app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store App , General navigation of the app: Greetings,I am getting so frustrated with the Microsoft Store App UIWhen I try to search for a keyword, the search results DO come up as expected.Then, when I filter the search results for instance choosing to filter for "Apps" and "Free" It again works as expected.Then when...
  3. microsoft website problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft website problem: brave has blocked more trackers on https://microsoft.com than any other website ive seen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-website-problem/40ea9981-fe82-4b63-b137-1a0a47ebdae9
  4. is this the microsoft support website

is this the microsoft support website: my friend send me this great support website by microsoft should i trust this?i feel it kina real and kina fake.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-this-the-microsoft-support-website/eaf777a5-7401-4281-b66f-1b8f234f00dd
  5. Microsoft Windows in General

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Windows in General: Why is it that Microsoft is getting worse? Why is it that I can't open the Microsoft Store? Why is it that when I go to the Feedback Hub, it won't open? Why is it that everytime I open my laptop, there are loads of updates that are required and, then it takes forever to do...
  6. Announcing Microsoft Edge WebView2 General Availability

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Microsoft Edge WebView2 General Availability: Today, we are excited to announce that Microsoft Edge WebView2 for Win32 C/C++ is generally available and ready for use in production applications! With todayâ&#128;&#153;s announcement, we are officially releasing a forward-compatible WebView2 SDK along with...
  7. Microsoft Lists in Microsoft Teams is now generally available

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Lists in Microsoft Teams is now generally available: Today, we are proud to announce the general availability of the Lists app in Teams for all our commercial and GCC customers. As you might already know, Microsoft Lists, which we announced at Build 2020 is a Microsoft 365 app that helps you track information and organize your...
  8. Is this a legit Microsoft Website?

Is this a legit Microsoft Website?: Hello, so I got this advertisment and was wondering whether this is a verified website or just a phishing one? IoT Whitepaper Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-this-a-legit-microsoft-website/1d0cb2ff-c835-4996-a153-316b61d07d9c
  9. Microsoft website builder.??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft website builder.??: We are having real problems with the LA Health Institute website since we switched to the Microsoft website builder. The website is just simply not loading and we don't know why <Link Removed> ?? is it because of propagation or because we made the switch to Microsoft??...
  10. Microsoft Custom Translator now in General Availability

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Custom Translator now in General Availability: Custom Translator, now in general availability, significantly improves the quality of your translations by letting you build your own customized neural translation models tuned with your own pre-translated content. Using Custom Translator, you can translate your product names...