Windows 10: This will prevent windows 10 automatic updates

Discus and support This will prevent windows 10 automatic updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, i've coded small program that you can compile your self using autoit. Autoit is free, no accounts required etc Just install autoit right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tonycst, Sep 6, 2020.

1. tonycst Win User

This will prevent windows 10 automatic updates

Hi guys, i've coded small program that you can compile your self using autoit.

Autoit is free, no accounts required etc

Just install autoit right click in the source file and click compile to either X86 or X64 executable, which ever you want.

Or just run it as is, it will work as long as you have autoit installed.

Program will run in the background and will give you alert when update is prevented.

Once update is prevented, "Update Killer.log" file will be created on the desktop telling you how many update attempts were blocked.

Feel free to modify to your taste.

Instructions:

1. Download and install Autoit and Scite the editor
    2. Right click on desktop and create new autoit script and name it "W10 Update Killer.au3"
    3. Right click on newly created file and select Edit to open the editor.
    4. Paste the code below into your newly created script:
    5. Press F5 to test/run the code.
    6. Answer "No" when prompted to add to start-up. You can do it after you compile the code. Just be sure to put compiled file in its final resting place before you answer "Yes".

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
    #AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=Update.ico
    #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=W10 Update Killer.exe
    #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=y
    #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
    #include <Process.au3>
    #include <AutoItConstants.au3>
    #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

$RegKey = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"
    If RegRead $RegKey ,"Update Killer" = '' Then
    If MsgBox4,"Update Killer","Do you want to add this program to start-up ?" = 6 Then
    RegWrite $RegKey,"Update Killer","REG_SZ",@ScriptDir & "\W10 Update Killer.exe"
    EndIf
    EndIf

$oShell=ObjCreate"shell.application"
    While 1
    if $oShell.IsServiceRunning"wuauserv" then
    $oShell.ServiceStop"wuauserv",false
    RunWait'"' & @ComSpec & '" /c SC CONFIG wuauserv start= disabled', '', @SW_HIDE
    TrayTip "Update prevented","Windows update service detected, stopped and disabled",3
    _Log"Update atempt detected and stopped."
    endif
    WEnd

Func _Log$Message
    $log = @DesktopDir & "\Update Killer.log"
    FileWrite $log,@CRLF & @MDAY & ":" & @HOUR & ":" & @min & ":" & @SEC & " " & $Message
    EndFunc

:)

tonycst, Sep 6, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 6, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

1. This will prevent windows 10 automatic updates - Similar Threads - prevent automatic updates

2. How to Prevent Windows 10 or 11 From Automatically Downloading Updates?

in Windows 10 News
    How to Prevent Windows 10 or 11 From Automatically Downloading Updates?: Most Windows users find the regular Windows 10 and 11 automatic updates frustrating. Thankfully, you can now control this and install all Windows updates as per your schedule. Read on to learn how to stop automatic updates from Windows 10 and 11. [ATTACH] Preventing Auto...
  3. Prevent Windows 10 From Automatically Rebooting itself during Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Windows 10 From Automatically Rebooting itself during Updates: I'd like to know if there is any way an extremely easy way to prevent Windows from automatically rebooting itself during updates. Last night my machine rebooted itself causing a lot of work to be lost....
  4. How to delete/ prevent automatic windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to delete/ prevent automatic windows 10 1903 update: So Im currently on version 1803 and I would like to keep it that way. Unfortunately windows downloaded 1903 and is prompting me to restart in order to install it. How do I delete the update, and prevent it from updating automatically updating in the future? 164314
  5. how to prevent automatic windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to prevent automatic windows update: I wish to check what the windows update does and only install ones I want. There are too many that I do not need. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-prevent-automatic-windows-update/55cf74a6-0ead-460c-8dc7-71a6e3ac95cb
  6. Prevent Automatic Windows 10 Update/Reboot on unattended but running machine!

Prevent Automatic Windows 10 Update/Reboot on unattended but running machine!: I'm running Windows 10 Home. I often run long processing jobs, overnight. At all times of day. I don't always know how long they will take. Windows 10 pops up a message saying upgrade etc, but if you are not there, it insists on upgrading and restarting anyway, after a...
  7. Prevent Automatic Windows Updates

Prevent Automatic Windows Updates: Hi there, I am the (un)lucky owner of several Windows computers and I suffer from the ongoing Windows plague of inconvenient updates. Today, my Windows 8 **** up. It was in the middle of updating - still indicating 0 % updated - while I was about to leave and hadn't time...
  8. Prevent Automatic Upgrade to Windows 10

Prevent Automatic Upgrade to Windows 10: I support a large community of seniors. Typically I have them running Automatic Updates, because they don't want to do their own maintenance. The most common complaint they come in with is there computers are really slow. It usually turns out that they have 30 to 40 updates...
  9. How to Prevent automatic restart in Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

How to Prevent automatic restart in Windows 10 Anniversary Update?: Now that microsoft has removed the ability to force windows 10 to ask to be scheduled and given that "active hours" is a broken concept that doesn't solve any problem, how can I prevent windows from automatically restarting again? Is the only option to turn off windows update...
  10. Prevent the automatic downloading of its updates

Prevent the automatic downloading of its updates: Hi In Windows 10 build 10130, how do I prevent the automatic downloading of its updates? Thanks Bye 7451