Windows 10: this window always appears when I want to enter the BIOS using F2 or ESC. Which key should...

Discus and support this window always appears when I want to enter the BIOS using F2 or ESC. Which key should... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/curious-person123 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/curious-person123, Oct 21, 2020.

1. this window always appears when I want to enter the BIOS using F2 or ESC. Which key should...

/u/curious-person123, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Compumind Win User

How do I enter BIOS setup - Acer Computer

Strictly FYI -

I agree with NavyLCDR's suggestion, too.

BIOS Keys by Manufacturer

Here's a list of common BIOS keys by brand. Depending on the age of your model, the key may be different.

• ASRock: F2 or DEL
    • ASUS: F2 for all PCs, F2 or DEL for Motherboards
    • Acer: F2 or DEL
    • Dell: F2 or F12
    • ECS: DEL
    • Gigabyte / Aorus: F2 or DEL
    • HP: F10
    • Lenovo (Consumer Laptops): F2 or Fn + F2
    • Lenovo (Desktops): F1
    • Lenovo (ThinkPads): Enter then F1.
    • MSI: DEL for motherboards and PCs
    • Microsoft Surface Tablets: Press and hold volume up button.
    • Origin PC: F2
    • Samsung: F2
    • Toshiba: F2
    • Zotac: DEL
    *chuckle

Compumind, Oct 21, 2020
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Entering BIOS on the fall creators update

Is Esc, F2 or Del listed as the way to enter the bios for your make/model of device. Try doing the same after selecting Start > Power > Restart.

neilpzz, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Jonno Win User

this window always appears when I want to enter the BIOS using F2 or ESC. Which key should...

How do I enter the BIOS on Windows 10?

Windows 10 won't affect how to get to the BIOS. Typically, depending on the machine variant, the keys to enter BIOS could be Esc, F1, F2, Del, or really any other key but they're the most common.

Try those keys, literally tapping them every 0.5 secs from the moment the machine is powered on. If not, and your machine uses the newer UEFI style, you can try and restart straight into it from Windows 10. Do this by:

1. Go to the start menu
    2. Click Power
    3. Hold the SHIFT key
    4. Click Restart
    5. Wait until the advanced options show
    6. Click Troubleshoot
    7. Click Advanced Options
    8. Click UEFI Firmware Settings
    9. Click Restart

These steps only work with the newer UEFI instead of a traditional BIOS.

Jonno, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

this window always appears when I want to enter the BIOS using F2 or ESC. Which key should...

1. this window always appears when I want to enter the BIOS using F2 or ESC. Which key should... - Similar Threads - window always appears

2. Enter key doesn't work and I need to use BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter key doesn't work and I need to use BIOS: Hello! My name is Bog. I am having some issues: neither of my laptop's enter keys work. Every other key works except the enter keys. I need to confirm some settings in the BIOS menu, but I cannot do it without the enter key. Is there a way to solve this issue aside from...
  3. Enter key doesn't work and I need to use BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enter key doesn't work and I need to use BIOS: Hello! My name is Bog. I am having some issues: neither of my laptop's enter keys work. Every other key works except the enter keys. I need to confirm some settings in the BIOS menu, but I cannot do it without the enter key. Is there a way to solve this issue aside from...
  4. Pc stuck on press del or f2 to enter bios

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc stuck on press del or f2 to enter bios: I just built this pc for a mate and when I boot it, it stays stuck on that screen for a few minutes can't use the keyboard at all after a few minutes windows login screen eventually comes up 2...
  5. Pc stuck on press del or f2 to enter bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck on press del or f2 to enter bios: I just built this pc for a mate and when I boot it, it stays stuck on that screen for a few minutes can't use the keyboard at all after a few minutes windows login screen eventually comes up 2...
  6. Pc stuck on press del or f2 to enter bios

7. It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...

It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...: It is when opening my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-is-asking-me-to-enter-passwordwhen-i-went-to/bdbd8c1b-d0ff-4366-bee8-c153d8113e94
  8. It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    It is asking me to enter password,when i went to bios i entered password but I want to...: It is when opening my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-is-asking-me-to-enter-passwordwhen-i-went-to/bdbd8c1b-d0ff-4366-bee8-c153d8113e94
  9. How do I enter bios to change boot order on Toshiba Tecra? Esc/f1/f2/f12 do not work..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I enter bios to change boot order on Toshiba Tecra? Esc/f1/f2/f12 do not work..: I need help with a clean install on my Tecra A11 as Windows 10 is seriously corrupted. Microsoft support have helped set me up a bootable usb with clean install data but now I cannot enter BIOS to change the boot order. There are multiple access issues e.g: I cannot do...
  10. Which key should I use?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which key should I use?: Hi! I have Samsung laptop that came with preinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit). I have COA sticker on bottom of my device too. I use ProduKey to check my Windows 7 key but it doesn't match to my key on COA sticker. Furthermore I checked this key from ProduKey in...