Windows 10: This windows "update" has given my desktop display issues - I've already checked with the...

Discus and support This windows "update" has given my desktop display issues - I've already checked with the... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Look, I've tried to be patient with windows updates. I don't like them, I don't need them, and I don't want them. But I put up with them. And now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OliviaMagnusson, Dec 17, 2018.

1. This windows "update" has given my desktop display issues - I've already checked with the...

Look, I've tried to be patient with windows updates. I don't like them, I don't need them, and I don't want them. But I put up with them. And now I can't find anywhere to log official complaints (so I will be doing so here).

This is the last straw: the new windows update messed up my computer, I've lost 3 jobs because I use photoshop and other similar software platforms as a digital artist and due to being unable to opt out of those updates, and now it's screwed with the entire display system. I have funky (thin, white) horizontal lines everywhere, I have colour distortion and finally, I get "drag-lines" on everything - even what I'm writing now - everytime I click a button on either my mouse or keyboard.

I've reset my monitor, I've reset my desktop, I've fiddled with both various display systems. Nothing has changed. The only option left is to revert to a previous backup which will I will then lose most of my work. I've already had to do this previously because of the forced updates - I had to take my desktop to an independent source to stop it from doing a restart loop just so I could log in!

So I have 2 questions:

1. How can I opt out of the awful forced updates?
    2. How do I get rid of my display problem?

I am seriously considering switching to apple because of these forced updates continually screwing with my computer, so please consider the 1st the most important question. I'd rather lose all my work to restart on an Apple computer than deal with any more of these "updates".

Thanks for reading my rant, I'm in literal tears of frustration at this point, even reading my emails are a headache (let alone typing this).

:)

OliviaMagnusson, Dec 17, 2018

2. Display Issue Please Help

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing while scrolling down. We are glad to help you.

To serve you better, let me know this:

What exactly happens when you shut down the computer?

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

Step 1: Update the Display driver. Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to Run.
    • In the Run prompt, type devmgmt.msc and then click
      OK.
    • Device Manager will open.
    • In Device Manager expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display driver and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
    • After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 17, 2018
  3. display issue

Hello Peter,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with you are unable to sign in to Microsoft account because the bottom of the page disappears and you are unable to click next or I Agreed on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to kindly provide me with the following information.

• Are you able to access the computer? Are you able to login to the computer?

• Are you playing the games in the same computer?
    If you are not able to access the computer, I would suggest you to follow the steps given below.

To diagnose whether this issue occurs in
    “Safe Mode”
    , let’s reboot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue appears there as well.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some
    third party programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Type settings in search and click on Settings.

• Click Update and recovery, and then tap or
      click Recovery.

• Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.

• Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.

• If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click
      advanced options.

• Tap or click Startup Settings.

• Tap or click Restart.

• On the Startup Settings screen, choose the
      Safe Mode.

• Sign in to your PC with a user account that has
      administrator rights.
    If you are able to access the computer, I would suggest you to try the methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

Let’s try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed
    correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1: Update the Display driver.
    Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to
      Run.

• In the Run prompt, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and then click OK.

• Device Manager will open.

• In Device Manager
      expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

You may also refer to the following website below to download the drivers for the Graphics card.

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Dec 17, 2018
  4. This windows "update" has given my desktop display issues - I've already checked with the...

Display Issue with new update

Hi Fletcher,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would lie to know what is the make and model of the computer?

The issue you are facing could be due to the display driver is outdated. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

This windows "update" has given my desktop display issues - I've already checked with the...

1. This windows "update" has given my desktop display issues - I've already checked with the... - Similar Threads - update has given

2. Monthly "Second notice" email demanding parental consent that I've already given

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monthly "Second notice" email demanding parental consent that I've already given: My kids accounts are stuck in a loop where I get a "Second Notice: Take action to update <Kids Name> account" email every month. The email says, "If you don’t provide consent confirmation for <Kids Name> by October 25, 2023, they’ll no longer be able to sign in to their...
  3. Monthly "Second notice" email demanding parental consent that I've already given

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Monthly "Second notice" email demanding parental consent that I've already given: My kids accounts are stuck in a loop where I get a "Second Notice: Take action to update <Kids Name> account" email every month. The email says, "If you don’t provide consent confirmation for <Kids Name> by October 25, 2023, they’ll no longer be able to sign in to their...
  4. Monthly "Second notice" email demanding parental consent that I've already given

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft keeps asking to confirm parental consent for my child but I've already given it twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft keeps asking to confirm parental consent for my child but I've already given it twice: Microsoft keeps asking to confirm parental consent for my child but I've already done it. I already provided parental consent twice now and in the family safety app I can see 'remove consent' for my child's account, so consent has been given. However, weeks after giving it, I...
  6. Microsoft keeps asking to confirm parental consent for my child but I've already given it twice

Microsoft keeps asking to confirm parental consent for my child but I've already given it twice: Microsoft keeps asking to confirm parental consent for my child but I've already done it. I already provided parental consent twice now and in the family safety app I can see 'remove consent' for my child's account, so consent has been given. However, weeks after giving it, I...
  7. desktop display issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop display issue: Hey, I recently just bought a 1 VGA cable and 1 VGA y splitter. The specs of the wires are the standard male to male 15 pin for the single VGA cord. The VGA y splitter is also both 15 pin, the single male connection split to 2 female vga connections. I have a Emachine 1850...
  8. desktop display issue

desktop display issue: Hey, I recently just bought a 1 VGA cable and 1 VGA y splitter. The specs of the wires are the standard male to male 15 pin for the single VGA cord. The VGA y splitter is also both 15 pin, the single male connection split to 2 female vga connections. I have a Emachine 1850...
  9. Updating to a update that I've already installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating to a update that I've already installed: What happens if i download an update I've already updated to like the Windows 1909 update which i installed on Intel drivers and Support Assistant....
  10. I've already given permission!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I've already given permission!: I had trouble with the family feature. I was sent a request to give permission on an xbox game on a pc (which I recognised as my other account that for some reason is set to child, and I was the one to 'ask by email'). However once I gave permission (as confirmed below) it...