Windows 10: "This work or school account cannot be removed by system policy"

Discus and support "This work or school account cannot be removed by system policy" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I accidentally clicked to connect to a school account and now I can't remove it. When I click Disconnect this error appears: "This work or school... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andrei Constantin, Mar 28, 2023.

1. "This work or school account cannot be removed by system policy"

I accidentally clicked to connect to a school account and now I can't remove it. When I click Disconnect this error appears: "This work or school account cannot be removed by system policy". The school administrators said that they can't help me. How do I delete that account from my computer? Please help, thanks. I use Windows 10 Pro

:)

Andrei Constantin, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Chiblood6 Win User

Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

I have an organizational email account that has been deactivated, current guides online say the following:

"If you need to remove an account from your PC:

1. Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school .
    2. Select the account you wish to remove, then select Disconnect

...."
    However, the only option presented at this section is "Manage" which forwards me to my organization's page to login. The account has since been deactivated with no way to get to the next step.
    I have been getting notifications from my system that "There is a problem with a work or school account click her to fix now" but obviously can't login to remove the account from the system.
    Is there a work around to remove the account without logging in?

Chiblood6, Mar 28, 2023
  3. Cant remove work/school account

Greetings,

for past few hours i've been trying to remove my school account but sadly no luck so far.

it just keeps telling me "this work or school account cannot be removed by system policy"

i tried signing in with a local account and then disconnecting my school account but that did not work.

whats driving me crazy is that same method worked on my laptop but will not work on my pc for some reason.

MohammedAL-Rashed, Mar 28, 2023
  4. "This work or school account cannot be removed by system policy"

Work or School account cannot be removed by system policy and other errors occur simultaneously

Already tried that as you can see in the images I posted. The system's policy is preventing me to remove my school account. Anyways Thanks for the advice, appreciated it.

TofuTofuuu, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

"This work or school account cannot be removed by system policy"

1. "This work or school account cannot be removed by system policy" - Similar Threads - school account cannot

2. "This work or school account cannot be removed by system policy"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This work or school account cannot be removed by system policy": I accidentally clicked to connect to a school account and now I can't remove it. When I click Disconnect this error appears: "This work or school account cannot be removed by system policy". The school administrators said that they can't help me. How do I delete that account...
  3. Cannot remove corrupted work or school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove corrupted work or school account: Hi, Situation:Windows 11 Pro, new Dell machine, connected to Microsoft 365 account for login.Outlook was connected to a second M365 account, sadly a GoDaddy one.Machine had a fault, and had hardware replaced.Since then, Outlook has failed to connect to the account. When...
  4. Cannot remove corrupted work or school account

Cannot remove corrupted work or school account: Hi, Situation:Windows 11 Pro, new Dell machine, connected to Microsoft 365 account for login.Outlook was connected to a second M365 account, sadly a GoDaddy one.Machine had a fault, and had hardware replaced.Since then, Outlook has failed to connect to the account. When...
  5. Cannot remove Work/School Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove Work/School Account: Hello,I recently left my college and am enrolling for university. I had removed the one drive, office and account details for my old college account from my PC. completely as far as i was aware. Reinstalled office using my university ID because then i can have the free...
  6. Cannot remove Work/School Account

Cannot remove Work/School Account: Hello,I recently left my college and am enrolling for university. I had removed the one drive, office and account details for my old college account from my PC. completely as far as i was aware. Reinstalled office using my university ID because then i can have the free...
  7. Cannot remove Work/School Account

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Work or School account cannot be removed by system policy and other errors occur simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work or School account cannot be removed by system policy and other errors occur simultaneously: Good day!I installed Office 365 with my school account. After that, my hdd, external hard drive, flash drives, etc. are write protected. I tried to remove my school account but it says "This work or school account cannot be removed by system policies. I also tried everything...
  9. Work or School account cannot be removed by system policy and other errors occur simultaneously

Work or School account cannot be removed by system policy and other errors occur simultaneously: Good day!I installed Office 365 with my school account. After that, my hdd, external hard drive, flash drives, etc. are write protected. I tried to remove my school account but it says "This work or school account cannot be removed by system policies. I also tried everything...
  10. Work or School account cannot be removed by system policy and other errors occur simultaneously

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware