Windows 10: Thor foresight, nordVPN, and avast/mbam pro web shield compatibility

Discus and support Thor foresight, nordVPN, and avast/mbam pro web shield compatibility in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all quick question. I just got the trial of Thor foresight with AV turned off, to add to the security arsenal of avast free and mbam pro, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ok-Grocery484, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Thor foresight, nordVPN, and avast/mbam pro web shield compatibility

Hi all quick question. I just got the trial of Thor foresight with AV turned off, to add to the security arsenal of avast free and mbam pro, and nordVPN.

Even though the web shields of avast and mbam pro have worked fine together for ages with no web-shield-based exclusions, and Nord works fine with it as well, I am wondering if Foresight would be overkill or lead to any corruptions. It says it is one hundred percent compatible with any AV, but having two compatible reactive web shields, and a proactive web-scanning utility ( that is basically what it is right?) might cause conflict. It's only the trial, but I was wondering, you know, doesn't avast already scan web traffic?

Also will it still work with nordVPN available? I use that almost all the time except on certain online games where it causes issues.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/Ok-Grocery484
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ok-Grocery484, Dec 23, 2020
  2. RickCP Win User

Do Avast Free Antivirus compatible with Windows 10 Pro?

That's a question for
    Avast Support
    , but see:
    Will Avast be compatible with Windows 10?

In short, ensuring that Avast is compatible with Windows 10 is quite simple. Avast version V2015 R2 and newer are already compatible with Windows 10. Users who currently have V2015 R2 or newer installed and plan to update from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10
    will automatically have Avast transferred to Windows 10 at the same time.

For users currently using older versions of Avast, it's highly recommended to update your Avast product
    prior to updating to Windows 10 to ensure an easy, hassle-free transition.

Related information to include:

-
    Compatibility report for Windows 10: FAQ

- Microsoft Windows 10 (Important notes section) Specifications page:

Many applications, files, and settings will migrate as part of the upgrade. However, some applications or settings may not migrate.-

• For antimalware applications, Windows will check to see if your antimalware subscription is current (not expired) and compatible during the upgrade.
    • If the antimalware application is compatible and current, your application will be preserved during the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • If the antimalware application is incompatible, Windows will uninstall your application while preserving your settings. After upgrade is complete, if your antimalware provider has informed Microsoft that it has made a compatible version available for your
      active subscription, Windows will notify you to install the latest version available with the settings that were set prior to upgrade.
    • If your antimalware subscription is not current (expired),
      Windows will uninstall your application and enable Windows Defender.
    Also:

• Some applications that came from your OEM may be removed prior to the upgrade.
    • For certain third party applications, the 'Get Windows 10 app' will scan for application compatibility. If there is a known issue that will prevent the upgrade, you will be notified of the list of applications with known issues. You can choose to accept
      and the applications will be removed from the system prior to the upgrade. Please be sure to copy the list before you accept the removal of the application.
    Would finally suggest not to rush into Win10 immediately. Hope this helps.

RickCP, Dec 23, 2020
  3. rivre Win User
    Avast - is there a way to reign in aggressive web scanning?

I'm generally pretty happy with Avast (free) but it scans downloading files, even large .rar files, sometimes corrupting them. Whenever I download larger size .rar files I have to remember to disable Avast , otherwise the icon just runs nonstop the whole times it's downloading and the HDD grinds and the crc of the file sometimes says it's corrupted. As soon as I disable Avast the HDD settles down and the files don't get corrupted. It does the same thing when streaming video.

What can I do, short of disabling the "Web Shield" entirely (I'm guessing that's to blame?)?

- For file system shield, "scan all files" and "scan files when writing" are both unchecked. I've also added "*.rar" to the list of exclusions.

- For Web Shield, I can exclude URLs, MIME types, or processes, but I see no way to exclude file types. Under the "Web Scanning" option, I can select "scan all files" or "scan selected file types only". Currently it's set to scan all files. Under "packer" list of packed files it should unpack and scan, I have deselected .rar, .zip, and .7zip.

Yet it still insists on scanning large rar files as they are downloading. What do I have to do to stop this behavior. Scanning web files as I surf is fine, but I don't want it to scan .rar files when they are downloading - I will scan them myself manually when they are finished. Right now Avast is just corrupting my downloads and grinding my HDD when I stream and download and I need to find a way to stop it. If I have to just disable Web Shield entirely, then it seems I'm losing some important protection.

rivre, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Thor foresight, nordVPN, and avast/mbam pro web shield compatibility

Don Varnau, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Thor foresight, nordVPN, and avast/mbam pro web shield compatibility

1. Thor foresight, nordVPN, and avast/mbam pro web shield compatibility - Similar Threads - Thor foresight nordVPN

2. Avast Behavior Shield and Windows Cumulative updates not compatibility Printer Driver Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Avast Behavior Shield and Windows Cumulative updates not compatibility Printer Driver Upgrade: If you get black screen of User-Logon after Cumulative updatesie.March 2024, click Ctrl+Alt+Del and wait 5min+, options screen maybe show for youLogout and Logon again. Please add some Behavior exception rule to Avast Antivirus:...
  3. Avast Behavior Shield and Windows Cumulative updates not compatibility Printer Driver Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Avast Behavior Shield and Windows Cumulative updates not compatibility Printer Driver Upgrade: If you get black screen of User-Logon after Cumulative updatesie.March 2024, click Ctrl+Alt+Del and wait 5min+, options screen maybe show for youLogout and Logon again. Please add some Behavior exception rule to Avast Antivirus:...
  4. Avast, BlueStacks, and Windows 10 Home compatibility?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Avast, BlueStacks, and Windows 10 Home compatibility?: Is there a way for Avast, Windows Defender, and Windows 10 Home be compatible to the software BlueStacks 5? what im trying to prevent is the BSOD, so pls give me a solution to this BSOD.and pls share this post so that the process of finding the solution is fasterand i dont...
  5. Avast, BlueStacks, and Windows 10 Home compatibility?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast, BlueStacks, and Windows 10 Home compatibility?: Is there a way for Avast, Windows Defender, and Windows 10 Home be compatible to the software BlueStacks 5? what im trying to prevent is the BSOD, so pls give me a solution to this BSOD.and pls share this post so that the process of finding the solution is fasterand i dont...
  6. Windows 10 Compatibility with Avast Software

Windows 10 Compatibility with Avast Software: I read an article that Microsoft blocked Avast anti-virus software because it was allegedly selling user data in 2019. Is this still the case? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-compatibility-with-avast-software/3ccb9a13-8de9-40a1-ba6d-62379a7c535e
  7. windows 10 pro, avast antivirus, malwarebytes, nordvpn, Asus, Gigabyte, Nvidia, Linux

windows 10 pro, avast antivirus, malwarebytes, nordvpn, Asus, Gigabyte, Nvidia, Linux: internet = international network god save us all from corona, god u listening ? China save the world everyone is incompetent, including God https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-avast-antivirus-malwarebytes/4033a5fd-4df6-4951-8f91-127f4ae509ce
  8. MBAM and Defender

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MBAM and Defender: I noticed MBAM has infiltrated Defender. I did the following and hope it is correct. Open MBAM>settings>application>scroll to Action center where there are 3 choices and chose the middle one - never register MBAM in Window Action Center. 136138
  9. Mbam Free

Mbam Free: New Version MBAM Free released.....Version 3.3.1.2183 100897
  10. Avast - is there a way to reign in aggressive web scanning?

Avast - is there a way to reign in aggressive web scanning?: I'm generally pretty happy with Avast (free) but it scans downloading files, even large .rar files, sometimes corrupting them. Whenever I download larger size .rar files I have to remember to disable Avast , otherwise the icon just runs nonstop the whole times it's...