Windows 10: THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED WITH UPDATE PROBLEMS

Discus and support THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED WITH UPDATE PROBLEMS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since Nov 2017 I've had multiple problems with MS mandatory updates. 17" HP Pavillion laptop bought in 2017 and HP Notebook bought 8/2018....EVERY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KathleenFull, Sep 13, 2018.

1. THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED WITH UPDATE PROBLEMS

Since Nov 2017 I've had multiple problems with MS mandatory updates. 17" HP Pavillion laptop bought in 2017 and HP Notebook bought 8/2018....EVERY TIME an update is sent (1) icons are gone from desktop (2) screen display is changing colors automatically as I search or while I"m on a website (3) the option to adjust "brightness" is gone; (4) can't right click on screen for "Intel Graphics preferences" adjustments; (5) 2 of my Word documents are gone; (6) Microsoft says it doesn't recognize my user name/password to sign in to Microsoft....(6) colors of Fonts change back AND while trying to play Scrabble, I get the spinning blue wheel in the middle of the screen AND I cannot do a 'RESTORE POINT"

I could go on and on but the notebook is only 1 month old....I WENT THROUGH THE SAME ISSUES WITH THE 17" LAPTOP....

Wrote to CEO of Microsoft....what a waste of time...EACH TIME THIS HAPPENS I HAVE TO PAY SOMEONE TO COME TO THE HOUSE AND TRY we should be able to choose the updates. I have also sent a complaint to Washington State and NY State Attorney Generals....sent certified letter to Satya Madella,CEO

I don't do downloads; I don't have pictures stored; don't watched movies... I ONLY USE MS OFFICE, do emails and shopping....I've been in tears since 9/8/18 updates. After those updates when I turned on my laptop I got the black screen with the C: prompt...WHAT IS WRONG WITH MS ENGINEERS AND PROGRAMMERS???

:)

KathleenFull, Sep 13, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 13, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED WITH UPDATE PROBLEMS :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 13, 2018
  4. THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED WITH UPDATE PROBLEMS

Photos App of Windows 10 is Disgusting

The photos app of windows 10 is completely disgusting. Following are the problems i am facing:

• The photos take too long time to load as compared to Windows 7 photos app (which I was using for more than 4 years).
    • The zoom feature of the 10 version is completely disgusting. I am unable to zoom.
    • The app sometimes automatically gets closed when i am trying to view something.

Are not the developers good enough to fix these small issues? Is this what users expect to see when they are actually paying hundreds of dollars?

Dipendra543, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED WITH UPDATE PROBLEMS

1. THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED WITH UPDATE PROBLEMS - Similar Threads - THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED UPDATE

2. Monikers are disgusting! And not terminated!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monikers are disgusting! And not terminated!: The moniker demkuntz, demclit and not one of the MSN censors catch it or cares. Are we allowed to use names that are obnoxious to women because it has Dem in front of it? A section of your user guidelines "real names are to be used" but they are not. Is this a new forum rule?...
  3. Monikers are disgusting! And not terminated!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monikers are disgusting! And not terminated!: The moniker demkuntz, demclit and not one of the MSN censors catch it or cares. Are we allowed to use names that are obnoxious to women because it has Dem in front of it? A section of your user guidelines "real names are to be used" but they are not. Is this a new forum rule?...
  4. Disgusting windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disgusting windows: when I turn my laptop on it’s directly coming to advanced options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disgusting-windows/2eadbeaf-4014-48e3-842c-e7934d580db2
  5. Disgusting windows

Disgusting windows: when I turn my laptop on it’s directly coming to advanced options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disgusting-windows/2eadbeaf-4014-48e3-842c-e7934d580db2
  6. Disgusting windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft jigsaw puzzles!! They are DISGUSTING!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft jigsaw puzzles!! They are DISGUSTING!!: MICROSOFT JIGSAW PUZZLES SUCK!! HOW MANY TIMES DOES A PERSON HAVE TO SIGN OUT OF XBOX OR RE-START THE COMPUTER--ON AND ON AND ON! THE ONLY THING LEFT TO DO IS DELETE THE WHOLE JIGSAW THING!! FOR INSTANCE I DID 2 PUZZLES TODAY. I GOT OFF MICROSOFT JIGSAW FOR A COUPLE...
  8. Disgusting dark theme, why?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disgusting dark theme, why?: Hello, What is the reason for the team behind the development of the dark theme not finish what they started, especially in the more used applications? What is the planned date for when the dark mode has to be finished and shipped? Thank you. Here are some examples,...
  9. windows 10 really disgust

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 really disgust: i'm sick of these windows update... after this os doing force update without confirmation to me as an owner of my laptop... my laptop goes lag for no reason... trying to uninstall update but cannot reach settings due disk 100% issue... trying to solving disk 100% then...
  10. Disgusted with MS native app updates

Disgusted with MS native app updates: I'm sure many don't have multiple user accounts on their machines but for those that do .... i am seriously fed up with Microsoft updating their native apps. Not because I don't want new features but because of the unpredictable outcomes for the other user accounts (mix of...