Windows 10: Those eternal audio problems

Discus and support Those eternal audio problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem I would like to resolve regarding those eternal conflicts between Windows and Realtek High Definition Audio. I use a Lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Klauwaart, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Klauwaart Win User

Those eternal audio problems

Hi,

I have a problem I would like to resolve regarding those eternal conflicts between Windows and Realtek High Definition Audio.

I use a Lenovo Yoga 500 laptop running Windows 10 64 bit version 1903.

As usual, when there is a new Windows update, the audio settings get messed up.

The main problem is I can no longer use my Stereo Mix in recording devices.

To begin with, in "Advanced" in the properties, it is greyed out on 16 bit, 48000 Khz.

It is not receiving any sound, where the built-in mic of my laptop is.

Sometimes, it will for a few seconds, but that's about it.

I have tried anything and everything, uninstalled the driver, rolled back, updated, tried various settings in "Listen to this device", all to no avail.

Sometimes, the Stereo Mix doesn't even appear in the list, while nothing is set to "hidden".

In other words, an utter and complete MESS!!!

Has anyone had the same experience, or does anyone recognise this problem, or even better, have a solution?

BTW. The Realtek website is not much help neither, as it is a complete nightmare.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help.

:)

Klauwaart, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Audio problem

Hi Sulav,

For us to better assist your concern, we would like to ask for some additional information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you try to run the
    audio troubleshooter
    . It might be able to fix audio problems automatically.

You can also check the troubleshooting steps provided by Santosh on this

link
    . Hope it helps.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Audio Flipping sides problem

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, provide us more information.

• Is the issue is specific to only export stream videos?

• Try playing other videos/audio and let us know the status?
    I appreciate the steps you have performed. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps provided.

Step 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.

• Click on Advanced on the Audio troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Audio troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to set the headset as default and check.

• Right click on the on the sound icon on the Windows taskbar.

• Click on Sounds and click on Playback
      tab.

• Click on the headset and set it as default by clicking on the
      Set default button.

• Now click Apply and OK.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Those eternal audio problems - Similar Threads - Those eternal audio

2. Update is eternity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update is eternity: I run update and still running forever. Im on the stage where the update is installing and its forever its been 3 hours now. I know I dont need to interrupt it but I need to work as well. I need this computer and I dont know how to do that....
  3. Update is eternity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update is eternity: I run update and still running forever. Im on the stage where the update is installing and its forever its been 3 hours now. I know I dont need to interrupt it but I need to work as well. I need this computer and I dont know how to do that....
  4. Restart takes eternity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart takes eternity: I recently built a computer and the shutdown and boot time takes only 5-10 seconds but when I try restarting it from the start menu it takes almost 4-5mins. I seriously don't understand how to fix this issue. Thank you in advance submitted by /u/harjot6 [link] [comments]...
  5. Doom eternal data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Doom eternal data: I bought doom eternal off of the microsoft store on my laptop and i have played the game alot but one day all my levels and settings where reset and everytime i relaunch the game all my data is gone again besides my save slots and my outfits. i tried to reinstall the game...
  6. How to solve The eternal problem of disconnecting the wifi ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to solve The eternal problem of disconnecting the wifi ?: I have the latest update of drivers What i have to do to solve this killing problem submitted by /u/AbedoAlrawi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iic4qn/how_to_solve_the_eternal_problem_of_disconnecting/
  7. PC Doom Eternal

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    PC Doom Eternal: Does PC Doom Eternal work on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-doom-eternal/0c4fdb31-dd80-4501-a5df-7ef9ba493f98
  8. Doom eternal not launching

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Doom eternal not launching: Got doom yesterday for my son on a system that I built for him that has an AMD rx 580, fresh windows install and latest drivers. Go to launch the game through Bethesda bandit crashes before it even starts. Installed it on my sig system, same thing, updated to the game ready...
  9. Sound issues caused by network traffic - the eternal problem...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sound issues caused by network traffic - the eternal problem...: This is a very old issue. Actually I found this forum looking for a possible solution and ended stumbling to a very old (and unsolved) thread so I decided to start a new one covering the subject just for fun because I really doubt that it will be fixed some day. OK, the...
  10. Eternal Mystery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Eternal Mystery: Well, well, well. It looks like the mystery of the disappearing Restore Points will remain a mystery forever. I am using Windows 10 on a desktpo pc. I have reserved 59GB for the Restore Points. However, all the Restore Points, both manual and automatically created ones...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Trouble with eternal sound