Windows 10: Though screen time is added child account remains loacked

Discus and support Though screen time is added child account remains loacked in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I have applied child restriction on my younger sister's account. I initially applied them for 8 hrs a day but the laptop locked her out within those... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by HS07, Jul 12, 2020.

1. HS07 Win User

Though screen time is added child account remains loacked

So I have applied child restriction on my younger sister's account. I initially applied them for 8 hrs a day but the laptop locked her out within those 8 hrs. So then I changed the time from 8hrs to 23 hrs a day and yet she is not able to log in her account. She has to attend lectures for her school everyday amidst the COVID-19 LOCKDOWN.

Now I want to completely remove the time restrictions from her accountand cannot find a way to do the same. Even after turning the time to maximum i.e. 23 hrs a daily, the account is locked until 15/07/2020 DD/MM/YYYY 7AM.

Hoping for a quick and effective response.

:)

2. Child needs to see remaining screen time

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to extend screen time limit for your child account. I suggest you to refer the following article for more information on

time limits for child account

Also refer the following article for troubleshooting steps to fix issues with

screen time limit

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Problems adding a child on the family account

Hello,

We're here to help.

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

Your child will need to accept the invite from their email.

Do note, you need to accept the email invitation from a device with the Child account currently logged in.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Though screen time is added child account remains loacked

Screen time of a child account switches off

Hi,

I realize that the screen time of a child account switches off in Windows. We will help you.

• Are you facing this issue after any recent update installed?

I suggest you to remove all the child accounts first and
    re-add them and check
    if it helps resolving the issue.

Refer: Set up family features

I also suggest you to delete the Child account and create a new and re-add the account in Family.

Refer: Add a child account to your family

If you're having problems with your Microsoft account, you can try running the
    Microsoft Accounts troubleshooter

It's an automated tool that can find and automatically fix some problems. It's only available in English, but will work in all languages.

Please post to us if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Though screen time is added child account remains loacked

1. Though screen time is added child account remains loacked - Similar Threads - Though screen added

2. Checking Remaining Screen Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking Remaining Screen Time: Lately, while I've been gaming, I am unable to check my screen time since I don't know how to. I used to be able to check my remaining screen time on Windows 10, but I've switched over to Windows 11. Whenever I'm gaming, I would get a pop up saying I have less than fifteen...
  3. Checking Remaining Screen Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking Remaining Screen Time: Lately, while I've been gaming, I am unable to check my screen time since I don't know how to. I used to be able to check my remaining screen time on Windows 10, but I've switched over to Windows 11. Whenever I'm gaming, I would get a pop up saying I have less than fifteen...
  4. Adding REALMS To Child Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding REALMS To Child Account: I'm trying to add a REALMS subscription to an account monitored by Microsoft Family Safety. I was able to get an XBOX Game Pass Ultimate on this account but I can't seem to get REALMS to subscribe. It doesn't give much info on how to do it...just shows this...What is the...
  5. How can a parent view remaining time on a child's account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can a parent view remaining time on a child's account?: How can I see remaining use time for a child's account? I have set up parental controls for a child's computer. I know how to change allowed time, and how to set up allowed hours. How do I see how much time the child has remaining at a given moment?...
  6. Child account has screen time but the child can't login

Child account has screen time but the child can't login: I've had this problem for about a year now. I go into device limits and give him 4 hours to use. He tries repeatedly to log in and when he can't he starts sending me requests. If I give him time through the requests it doesn't give me an option to add 4 hours. His brother...
  7. Adding device to child's account

Adding device to child's account: Hello, I am trying to add a device to my child's account. I see the device in the device page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ and it is listed under my name and not my child's. When I look at devices linked to my child, I get a page with a message: "We don't see...
  8. Screen time on child user account

Screen time on child user account: I just purchased a laptop with Windows 10 for the kids to do homework on and set up user and email accounts for each of them. I noticed however that whenever they try to open google chrome or start a zoom meeting with their teacher, they have a screen time request pop up...
  9. Issues with screen time limit on child account.

Issues with screen time limit on child account.: Hi, We urgently need help to solve the following problem. We as a parent cannot unblock the screen time limit on our sons laptop. As soon as we unlock the laptop with our MS password the following message appears: Time is up! This device is blocked because of your...
  10. Child needs to see remaining screen time

Child needs to see remaining screen time: I am using thr family features of Windows 10 ans having several heartaches leading to family drama: 1. There does not appear to be a way for my child to easily see/track how much screen time is left in Windows 10 so they can plan around it 2. When i get a request to add...