Windows 10: Thought i had an idea for a feature although the more the crowdier may be, so, dunno worth it.

Discus and support Thought i had an idea for a feature although the more the crowdier may be, so, dunno worth it. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; And may be it exists already, and i just don't know about it, did a search, all i got was people involuntarily having this happen kind off. But today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeWij, Sep 25, 2020.

1. GeWij Win User

Thought i had an idea for a feature although the more the crowdier may be, so, dunno worth it.

And may be it exists already, and i just don't know about it, did a search, all i got was people involuntarily having this happen kind off. But today was copying a rather big file from an almost full one, to a partition with more space. Got an older pc already, so , not worth the hassle may be, and the wait is to minor now a days. But took some time for the copy to finish , Thought must not forget to remove the large original file later, so hence the idea. Set a delay on it, and it would be already out of you way. Can understand it to be to minor of an implement to bother, en were would it end if go to smallest details may be, but heck, thought i just put it up, so you decide, if you would like.

:)

GeWij, Sep 25, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Thought i had an idea for a feature although the more the crowdier may be, so, dunno worth it. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 25, 2020
  3. what video card would you go with

Nice *Wink Thought i had an idea for a feature although the more the crowdier may be, so, dunno worth it. ;). I look at it like this. You have 90 days to do the Step-up. If you buy it today..

• That's May 12thish that you have be the ability to do the step up...
    • But, in that 90 days, you may have the chance to get the 4870x2 down to a price worth getting.
    • Or, Just buy one of the new cards...
    3 possibilities in one little buy.

Cold Storm, Sep 25, 2020
  4. EMET301 Win User

Thought i had an idea for a feature although the more the crowdier may be, so, dunno worth it.

An Idea for Thought

There’s no teaser other than creating a new market that could prove extremely valuable. With the advancement of radio-frequency identification chips (“RFID”), wireless frequency networks (“WiFi”), and artificial intelligence (“AI”), why not create a new
    product that is low cost to manufacture that can be sold in a service model? The following ideas warrant consideration.

Key Components:

Many, or at least, some of us have had the opportunity to use a dated barcode scanner to handle inventory. Whether it is to search for the location of inventory in the store, identify inventory in question, or search for key logistics information such as
    amount of inventory on hand etc., that model although efficient, could use an upgrade. So here are the ideas.

First, let us start with converting the standalone inventory reader into a multipurpose visually attractive slim but strong device
    that can also serve as a phone. Microsoft Lumia 640 is the solution. Microsoft Lumia 640 has an effective 8.0 MP camera that already has applications designed to read barcodes. Microsoft Lumia
    640 is also a phone, which makes productive communication between employees more timely and effective. In addition, Microsoft Lumia 640 has built-in Wi-Fi WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, and USB 2.0 and a few other features that will later be more
    optimally utilized.

Now, as a counter argument one might ask would there be a requirement for a phone service subscription? The answer is no. That is of course unless 3G or 4G proprietary network connectivity is desired. Microsoft enables entities
    to purchase the phone at low cost and out of contract. Assuming the working areas have strong WiFi routers throughout the complex with reasonable to strong signals, existing applications or proprietary applications can be designed through the Windows Store
    to enable VPN secured VOIP and other forms of secured communication for relatively inexpensively.

Second, integrate Microsoft HoloLens with Microsoft Lumia 640. This will be a special derivative of Microsoft HoloLens with an inventory management focus. Here is a list of optional components. First, there could be cameras to monitor approved activity
    or take pictures to improve communication. Second, the Microsoft HoloLens could come with a specially designed microphone and earpiece that will enable users to communicate with Cortana (the AI of Windows Phone) hands free.

However, the ideal component for this special derivative of Microsoft HoloLens are one RIFD sensor at the exterior edge of each side of the eye ware. Microsoft would design proprietary software that would use these sensors to illuminate the smart glasses
    with increasing intensity and precision that will help users to quickly locate inventory RFID chips. The Windows Phone would emit a signal for the sought product whereas the Microsoft HoloLens would be on the receiving end of the ping, whereas the Windows
    Phone would nearly instantly process and guide the user, with an understanding of depth and triangulation, to the desired goal, which would be clearly visible through the use of the Windows HoloLens.

Here is where things get interesting and intertwined. So Microsoft HoloLens is designed with projection technology to project over objects. So for an illustrative example of an application this passage will provide a detailed example.
    There is this cool employee named Jone Doe that works at a growing, tech-savvy company. He is looking for a product called Widget 987. He’s new to the job and honestly has no clue where it is. His boss expects productivity and John does not want to waste
    his time or his employer’s time either. That’s why he uses the Windows Phone. He has a couple of options. He could use Cortana to search for the product that he knows he is looking for or he could issue a voice command. Scenario 1 – the visual or touch
    learner. While using Cortana on Windows Phone while trying to search for inventory Cortana will automatically provide recommendations as each character is typed for product inventory. There would be a duel input screen for UPC or actual product name. Once
    one input field is completely filled then the other would automatically be filled and a picture example would appear on the screen. There would be a prompt asking the user if this was the product they were looking for and if the user selects yes then the
    app would proceed to provide detailed information about the product. Conversely, it would provide the user to scroll through pictures and products with similar UPCs or product name spellings unless another search is conducted. Scenario 2 – the audio or visual
    learner. John wanting to keep is hands free for productive use while multitasking issues Cortana a smart command. He could ask a prompt question such as “Cortana, where is Widget 987?” Cortana would prompt a semi-transparent holograph in the Microsoft
    HoloLens where the user would confirm or reject the recommendation. When the desired product is found, in a predefined corner of the Microsoft HoloLens there would be an output field describing the location of Widget 987 that led to the right area of the
    building in the right row in the right section on the right shelf like traditional scanners but more hands free, and visually and actually smarter.

Taking a moment, Cortana needs to be briefly addressed in more detail. Each employee would need to log into their Windows Phone. As each employee uses the phone, Cortana will provide increasingly optimized recommendations for their
    close proximity functions. This means that as she develops an understanding of the voice style and ways of thinking for the user, as she becomes more adaptive, will confirm the inventory less frequently for highly certain queries and skip right to the result
    screen with the detailed product information commonly seeked also supplemented with an image. This will be done mostly hands free with voice and or eye command. However, it should be noted that Scenario 1 and Scenario 2 could be used interchangeably or simultaneously.

Returning to John's world. . . He asks for the status for Widget 987. She, Cortana, provides him with a visual and or audio response that only he can see and or hear. She states that she believes there is no inventory on the sales
    floor and she recommends John to get more inventory from storage. However, John, wanting to double check Cortana, eventually found the product shelf location with the help of Cortana’s guidance. He verified that the shelf was empty and issued a command.
    “Cortana, notify management Widget 987 shelf space empty.” Or something to a similar command. Cortana will submit a ticket for management review and tracking for analysis purposes. John adheres to Cortana’s advice and goes back to the storage area.

It was a mess. He saw that there were a lot of organized boxes but he did not know where to begin looking. Therefore, he issued a voice command (which, could also be sent through the Windows phone via touch screen). “Cortana,
    activate smart search for Widget 987.” Cortana responds something to the extent of activating smart search while the vision of the Microsoft HoloLens slightly darkens. Here is where the magic happens. The HoloLens and Windows Phone begins to actively ping
    and search for the target RFID chips. The Windows Phone will send enough power to enable the HoloLens RFID receptors to receive a passive response from the chips. Although at first the ping was very soft, at the option of the user the sound feature could
    be disabled, as John followed the direction of the pings the pings became more rapid like in the video games he plays and then, at a color of his choosing, the lens smartly projects in the screen with increasing intensity the direction and eventually the object
    that he sought. The best way to describe this is as a high tech way of playing Marco Polo but with audio and
    visual guidance to find the target RFID chip. Wow, this saves a lot of time and improves productivity!

This is the tip of the ice burg for integrating Windows Phone with Microsoft HoloLens and Cortana. The reason why Windows Phone is recommended is because using the store app could enable it to be easily ported to a Windows desktop version to make personal
    workstations and field devices highly communicable and most importantly, in sync. These technologies would have a lot of tracking components that would be sent to an automatic data mining server that Cortana would know how to analyze and find products in
    the building and other tasks more efficiently and smartly.

Three, why not connect the inventory to the existing WiFi network? There are two approaches to this revolutionary idea. Scenario 1 assumes that only boxes has RFID chips. Scenario 2 assumes that each individual item has an RFID chip. Since WiFi uses
    radio waves like cell phones and other electronic devices, this is where the third revolution makes things really interesting. The entire building ceiling could be gridded with WiFi inventory management hotspots. Using proprietary technologies, WiFi radio
    waves can be used to quickly and effectively and safely make a detailed map of the building. In addition, when used in conjunction with a Windows Phone in a building mapping mode, there would be multiple ways to effectively develop a virtual replication of
    the environmental physical objects, such as product isles. Although this in itself can have many other valuable applications, this section seeks to focus on the inventory management application. Let’s assume John is back in the back room of the building
    searching for the inventory. Sending a WiFi signal from the phone can be taxing after awhile. Why not there be a smart grid that could be tapped on demand. For example, when John asks Cortana for where he can find more of Widget 987, Cortana first checks
    all of the local building WiFi routers using the system to search for the RFID chip in the building. Should the item be found, Cortana will use Microsoft HoloLens to visually and audibly direct John to the RFID chips in question using triangulation from multiple
    WiFi points. This reduces the problem for needing to be in close proximity of the RFID chip. In addition, this provides a continuous means to audit and keep track of inventory, and customers shopping or employees working in a warehouse.

This is where this idea can, in time, go to the ideal level where every product will have a chip. How much money could thousands of companies save in audit fees per year when conducting a physical inventory? Now, of course there would be a few skeptics
    of technology. First, the RFID chips would have to be implanted in each product where it requires the employee to then intentionally and cleverly modify. Second, there would still need to be a quick, but more efficient audit, to find unusual activity,
    etc. to fight fraud. This could provide strong substantiating and highly credible evidence of inventory on the sales floor or warehouse in the correct or wrong places, but also show where additional inventory in storage is accessible. It provides for a complete
    store audit of physical inventory counts, without rough estimations, and it can be down on a near continuous basis. How much labor can be saved but receive an actual count for all inventory on the sales floor? Just imagine the potential for data analysis
    for inventory flows that would enable new methods for improving inventory turnover to maximize and identify the product placement of items to sell or items to store in a warehouse. Of course, if this technology wanted to become more sophisticated and detailed,
    there could be relay WiFi connects implanted throughout product shelves that could provide even more data to review and make smarter marketing, management, and logistic decisions.

The idea revolves around the idea that companies would need to subscribe to Microsoft Windows server technology to make this all possible. Each windows server would be well integrated with Cortana and other company servers that have different operating
    systems and data management systems, etc., where Cortana would first draw from data from these local severs to provide the confidential data analysis, where ‘data processing power’ could be acquired as a service from Microsoft, whereas she would reference
    the Microsoft databank for vocal recognition, etc. This is just the beginning of the inventory marketing, logistics, and management revolution.

EMET301, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Thought i had an idea for a feature although the more the crowdier may be, so, dunno worth it. - Similar Threads - Thought idea feature

2. So, Microsoft have broken even more 'Community' features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So, Microsoft have broken even more 'Community' features.: Just when we thought that the Grandmother of all dysfunctional community platforms Microsoft couldn't get any worse, they proved us all wrong again.Not content with breaking our Community profiles by messing up the emojis on our comment threads/ feedback section in MSN Start;...
  3. So, Microsoft have broken even more 'Community' features.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So, Microsoft have broken even more 'Community' features.: Just when we thought that the Grandmother of all dysfunctional community platforms Microsoft couldn't get any worse, they proved us all wrong again.Not content with breaking our Community profiles by messing up the emojis on our comment threads/ feedback section in MSN Start;...
  4. So i had tried to install ark, then attempted to uninstall it although it left 90gb of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So i had tried to install ark, then attempted to uninstall it although it left 90gb of...: I had attempted to uninstall ark since it didnt install properly, it said it had but left 90gb of space taken up by "shootergame" which is ark, i have tried everyway to find it in files but can only with a storage finder software that pretty much searches the whole ssd and...
  5. So i had tried to install ark, then attempted to uninstall it although it left 90gb of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So i had tried to install ark, then attempted to uninstall it although it left 90gb of...: I had attempted to uninstall ark since it didnt install properly, it said it had but left 90gb of space taken up by "shootergame" which is ark, i have tried everyway to find it in files but can only with a storage finder software that pretty much searches the whole ssd and...
  6. Who ever thought OneDrive would be a good idea?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Who ever thought OneDrive would be a good idea?: I loathe OneDrive. As a gamer, a ton of my games use the My Documents folder for saves and mods. OneDrive keeps removing everything I need. I keep setting it to not launch when Windows starts, and I keep unlinking my pc, but it just turns back on, even without a pc restart,...
  7. [bug] I dunno, maybe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [bug] I dunno, maybe?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HUNmate0704 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h0c4qx/bug_i_dunno_maybe/
  8. Is It Worth It?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is It Worth It?: so, im a student, and i only have one machine which is my laptop, which is decent in performance, and has too much RAM (16 gigs), and in my previous machine, i was an insider, and so i would like to find out if it is worth it being an insider for windows 10, and if so, then...
  9. Recent Windows 10 problem... at first I thought I had a virus...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent Windows 10 problem... at first I thought I had a virus...: Still trying to figure out the problems... I've had this Lenovo computer (bought new) since July 2016. In the last year, it has started 'stealing' my cursor.... like I'll be in the middle of typing something in word or in an email or search bar and boom the system takes...
  10. BSOD, no ideas so far

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, no ideas so far: I'm putting my dump file here, pretty desperate for some help. I get the "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" crash pretty frequently it seems. I also notice that my machine can't seem to wake up from sleep-mode, as in, it comes to life, but is unresponsive to any input, other than the...