Windows 10: Thousands of Security Events, hundreds per hour + intense periodic lag, need some insight

Discus and support Thousands of Security Events, hundreds per hour + intense periodic lag, need some insight in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Okay so this is kind of two problems. About two weeks ago, I started experiencing major lag in all the video games I play. Not constant,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jz91, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Jz91 Win User

Thousands of Security Events, hundreds per hour + intense periodic lag, need some insight

Hello,

Okay so this is kind of two problems.

About two weeks ago, I started experiencing major lag in all the video games I play. Not constant, but every few minutes. I have a decent system, my current specs are as follows:

CPU: i7-6700k (3 years old)

GPU: Nvidia GTX1070 (6 months old)

RAM: 16GB DDR4 (3 years old)

SSD: Liteon 128GB (Windows only)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Mobo is proprietary I believe as it's an Acer Predator desktop, but I think I read it's a Z170 model

So I ran the IPDT and my processor was fine, no weird GPU spikes, RAM is a constant amount in low 50% in games, and drives aren't being pushed to full utilization. PSU was replaced. Crystal Disk Info shows nothing worrying in terms of my drives. Memtest86 didn't appear to find any RAM issues. All drivers are fully updated. All of my temperatures are in normal ranges and everything is connected and clean in my case

Okay. So now, after checking all of that, I started looking at other things, software related. I hadn't downloaded anything new so that couldn't be it. Ran a virus scan, didn't turn anything up. So I decided to check event viewer, which I rarely do, but I noticed I had thousands of security events, all from one day. I looked them up, but I'm not a programmer and couldn't even decipher the simplified explanation of what they did. However, I thought maybe the windows update KB4493509 may be causing issues, as that's roughly when the problem started. So I uninstalled it, cuz, I was out of ideas. Didn't seem to fix anything, and things actually felt more unstable. Restore wouldn't work, and when I tried do a sfc or dism, I was getting errors I couldn't get around.

So I reset windows, full wiped both of my drives, and started fresh. The lag is still present

I'm all fully updated again, but upon opening event viewer, I'm once again plagued with 1400 security events in the two hours since my reset. I did some looking around, and found other posts of people saying they felt that this was coinciding with reduced performance in their computers. Many of these are apparently a Logon Process called Advapi. I don't know what that is, but it's the only coherent thing I could relate between many of the entries.

Thousands of Security Events, hundreds per hour + intense periodic lag, need some insight d7baf0bb-78e6-49fa-b480-de53d9e75db7?upload=true.png

So I have two questions I need an answer to...

Question One: What the heck are all of these security events? Are they cause for concern? In the past I'd looked in here and saw a few, but spaced out and definitely not a nonstop flood. How can I stop them, and is this Advapi something I need?

Question Two: If the Microsoft masters here feel that this can't possibly be the cause of my issue, is there anything you could suggest I try next in the path of trying to fix my computer, which I've spent an enormous amount of time on the last couple weeks trying to fix? Please bear in mind that I'm not a programmer or anything and I'm not necessarily comfortable editing registry or anything without explicit instruction.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read, and thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer me.

:)

2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Masters_Woman, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Thousands of Security Events, hundreds per hour + intense periodic lag, need some insight

Sticky Notes "Insights" not working with handwriting

Hi ManuelGarces,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Have you tried to check the settings on the Sticky Note App if the
      Enable Insights is off?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Method1: Try enable insights in Sticky notes.

1. Open the Sticky Notes app.
    2. Click/tap on the 3 dots menu button, and click/tap on Settings.
    3. Click/tap on Enable insights to toggle to disable (uncheck) or enable (check) it

Method 2: Fix problem with apps.

I suggest you to follow this article on
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    , an check if that helps.

Method 3: Reset Sticky Notes in Windows 10.

1. Open the Settings Navigate to
      Apps and then select Apps & features.
    2. Look for the Sticky Notes
      entry and click on the same to select it. You should now see
      Advanced options link
    3. Click Advanced
      options link to open Storage usage and app reset page.
    4. Click the Reset button. When you see the confirmation, click the
      Reset button to reset the Sticky Notes
      app.
    5. Restart the PC once you reset the
      Sticky Notes
      app.

Re-install sticky notes app from the Microsoft store and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Thousands of Security Events, hundreds per hour + intense periodic lag, need some insight - Similar Threads - Thousands Security Events

2. Games keep minimising periodically, Also receiving a Security-SPP error periodically Event...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games keep minimising periodically, Also receiving a Security-SPP error periodically Event...: I'm having a really annoying and persistent problem - I can't recall when it began but every time I play games in full screen it minimises periodically. When I watch shows in fullscreen sometimes the taskbar appears for a second. Previously I've noticed a blank exe window...
  3. WHEA-Logger Event ID 47 - 5,000 errors per hour

WHEA-Logger Event ID 47 - 5,000 errors per hour: New build. PC restarts randomly sometimes. This error "Event ID 47" happens thousands of times per hour. About 5,000 events in one hour. I have updated the BIOS to the latest version. I'm not overclocking. RAM is running at the default 2666 MHz. XMP is off. I'll keep...
  4. WHEA-Logger Event ID 47 - 5,000 errors per hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA-Logger Event ID 47 - 5,000 errors per hour: New build. PC restarts randomly sometimes. This error "Event ID 47" happens thousands of times per hour. About 5,000 events in one hour. I have updated the BIOS to the latest version. I'm not overclocking. RAM is running at the default 2666 MHz. XMP is off. I'll keep...
  5. INTENSE LAG AFTER 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INTENSE LAG AFTER 21H2: so,I just updated everything on my laptop, but before updating to 21h2, there was no lag, my memory is still sitting at 81.8/128GB, and I could watch everything all smoothly, But once I updated, videos couldn't get by without lagging and degrading the quality of the video. I...
  6. INTENSE LAG AFTER 21H2

INTENSE LAG AFTER 21H2: so,I just updated everything on my laptop, but before updating to 21h2, there was no lag, my memory is still sitting at 81.8/128GB, and I could watch everything all smoothly, But once I updated, videos couldn't get by without lagging and degrading the quality of the video. I...
  7. INTENSE LAG AFTER 21H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. thousands of security logs in event viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    thousands of security logs in event viewer: I went to the Event Viewer to check why my system shut down and won't turn on for a few minutes after the shut down. Then I noticed that under "Windows Logs" >"Security", I have more than 10,000 "Audit Success" logs. more than 10 per second. Is this normal? EventID are...
  9. Warning WHEA-logger event 17 recorded in event viewer about 450 per hour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Warning WHEA-logger event 17 recorded in event viewer about 450 per hour: I have no idea where to post this from the list of topics offered. I don't know when it started because the event viewer is full and so new events are now replacing old events. I noticed it yesterday. I turned this new computer on for the first time on January 10. I have...
  10. traffic per hour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    traffic per hour: Hi anyone knows how to know which windows native application is using how much volume/per hour on the web? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/traffic-per-hour/d91bee48-5f7e-4331-bb33-97383507aec3