Windows 10: thousands of security logs in event viewer

Discus and support thousands of security logs in event viewer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I went to the Event Viewer to check why my system shut down and won't turn on for a few minutes after the shut down. Then I noticed that under "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mibaup, Mar 22, 2021.

1. mibaup Win User

thousands of security logs in event viewer

I went to the Event Viewer to check why my system shut down and won't turn on for a few minutes after the shut down. Then I noticed that under "Windows Logs" >"Security", I have more than 10,000 "Audit Success" logs. more than 10 per second.
    Is this normal?

EventID are mostly 5379 and 4798.

The Windows installation is clean, using the 20H2 Media Creation Tools from Microsoft website

Thanks

:)

mibaup, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 22, 2021
  3. JohnBurns Win User
    Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows  

FWIW CCleaner will clear the Event Viewer Logs - just check the box under Windows>Advanced>Windows Events Logs. run CCleaner and it's that simple. Much faster than most ,bat files I've tried. Just a suggestion.

JohnBurns, Mar 22, 2021
  4. JMarkH Win User

No log file locations in Event Viewer

I opened Win 10's Event Viewer (first as myself, second as Administrator) and tried to create a Custom View.

I chose reporting By Log, but when I clicked on the drop-down menu for log locations, none were listed.

What gives?

JMarkH, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

1. thousands of security logs in event viewer - Similar Threads - thousands security logs

2. System event log get thousand events - UserModePowerService

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System event log get thousand events - UserModePowerService: Hello,On notebook - So far, everything looks and feels good, but the system event log is showing multiple UserModePowerService events, ID 12. This happens a few times a second, then every few seconds, generating hundreds of events. Message generated by this event:Process...
  3. System event log get thousand events - UserModePowerService

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System event log get thousand events - UserModePowerService: Hello,On notebook - So far, everything looks and feels good, but the system event log is showing multiple UserModePowerService events, ID 12. This happens a few times a second, then every few seconds, generating hundreds of events. Message generated by this event:Process...
  4. System event log get thousand events - UserModePowerService

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Event Viewer shows thousands of failed logon attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer shows thousands of failed logon attempts: Hello,a couple of days ago i logged on a PC in our network and realised someone was on that machine windows 10. I realized it immediately because i saw this on my screen:The first one is already in English and the second one says:CScript error: Loading of the script failed...
  6. Event Viewer shows thousands of failed logon attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer shows thousands of failed logon attempts: Hello,a couple of days ago i logged on a PC in our network and realised someone was on that machine windows 10. I realized it immediately because i saw this on my screen:The first one is already in English and the second one says:CScript error: Loading of the script failed...
  7. Event Viewer Log.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Viewer Log.: Need to create an event viewer log that tracks USB connects and disconnects. I have all my USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting. I need to identify if it's possibly my UPS (usb connected to PC), because it showed I had a battery discharge when i first installed my...
  8. Thousands of WMI/WMS errors in my Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thousands of WMI/WMS errors in my Event Viewer: Hello, I've been getting a bunch load of these Service Control Management and NSSM errors in my event viewer. They all either say: "The WMIs service terminated with the following service-specific error: The system cannot find the path specified." "The WMIs service...
  9. Event Viewer Logs

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Logs: I’m currently on Win10 Pro x64, version 1709, Build 16299.371. Searching in my Event Viewer, I noticed some logs under the “Applications and Services Logs” folder, which I don’t recall having previously (pointed with red arrow, in the image) and are all inactive! Can...
  10. Event Viewer - Thousands of unknown Event ID 1s

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer - Thousands of unknown Event ID 1s: Hi there, It's my first time posting on this forum however this forum has helped me solve dozens of past issues so thanks *Smile Ok so I've got an MSI GS40 notebook running Windows Home 64-bit. It's a great notebook and runs like a dream. I recently checked my Event...