Windows 10: Thread Stuck in Device Driver BSOD help

Discus and support Thread Stuck in Device Driver BSOD help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently experienced random BSODs happening (Thread Stuck in Device Driver), specifically, when DotA is opened. I've tried uninstalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by japjap4, May 15, 2017.

1. japjap4 Win User

Thread Stuck in Device Driver BSOD help

Hello,

I've recently experienced random BSODs happening (Thread Stuck in Device Driver), specifically, when DotA is opened. I've tried uninstalling my display adapters, but the problem still persists. I've also tried cleaning my RAM in case it was the one that's causing the problem.

I've updated all my drivers just in case -- but the BSOD is still there.

So I've decided to come here, seeking for help, since I don't know what to do anymore.
    Cheers!

Edit: It's not really limited to DotA. In fact, the crash happens whenever I just browse around the web using any web browser. Thoughts?

PC Specs:
    Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
    ASUS A68HM-K
    AMD A10-7860K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G
    AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics
    8 GB DDR3 RAM
    1 TB Hard Drive

:)

japjap4, May 15, 2017
  2. Timmyctc Win User
    Timmyctc, May 15, 2017
  3. Thread stuck in device driver BSOD

I have a Lenovo C40 all-in-one computer operating Windows 10. For the past 3 weeks I have been having Thread Stuck in Device Driver BSOD. It is always associated with rendering videos with Sony Movie Studio HD Platinum. I had used the program successfully
    for over a year on this computer without issues until very recently. I have checked for driver updates, turned back Windows 10 updates (each of these seemed to help for one video, then the problem returns). I have also upgraded my program to a newer version.
    Still the same error occurs. There is an AMD Radeon R4 Graphics chipset (AMD A6-6310 APU) which checks out as functioning with the newest drivers. I'm not very computer savvy, and I've reached the end of my skills. I have tried to create ZIP archives of
    the minidump files from the last 3 crashes (2 today so far, 1 yesterday) to share for help, but I'm getting "access denied" when I try to archive with WinRAR. Please help.

MrAngryBird, May 15, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

Thread Stuck in Device Driver BSOD help [​IMG]

Thread Stuck in Device Driver BSOD help [​IMG]

5. japjap4 Win User
    Done. (I'm not really sure what cooling means though.)

japjap4, May 19, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Cooling means the cooler you use for the CPU *Wink

7. japjap4 Win User
    Pardon my ignorance (as I'm a newbie in these kinds of stuff), but where can I find that cooler? If you're talking about the fan, I have two.

japjap4, May 19, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

The fan mounted on the CPU is the cooler, since you have a custom build I assume it is a stock cooler.

Have a look at my system specs to get a better understanding of what is meant with it *Smile

9. japjap4 Win User
    Ohhh, I see. It doesn't really have any model name. Just random numbers, so that's what I inputted in my edited PC specs.

japjap4, May 19, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
  11. japjap4 Win User
    Hello,
    I did what you instructed me to do. Should I download the "AMD Auto-detect" software or should I manually search my drivers and download them?

japjap4, May 19, 2017
  12. axe0 New Member
    Preferably manually searching.

13. japjap4 Win User

Hello, sorry for the late reply.

I've uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them back but the problem still persists :/ I got another BSOD while I was using my web browser while DotA was opened. Seems like it didn't work.

japjap4, May 20, 2017
  14. japjap4 Win User
    I have an AMD Radeon R7 Graphics Spectre

japjap4, May 20, 2017
  15. axe0 New Member
    Please provide a new set of logs so I can compare data from the dumps.

Thema:

1. Thread Stuck in Device Driver BSOD help - Similar Threads - Thread Stuck Device

2. BSOD : Thread stuck in device driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD : Thread stuck in device driver: I recently got my pc built and I've noticed that when I'm playing games or doing other stuff, it sometimes starts to feel a little choppy and laggy-ish and then it crashes giving the error Thread Stuck in Device DriverIt has happened alot of times with me, it works perfectly...
  3. "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" BSOD Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" BSOD Error: Today I powered on my PC and after few seconds, I got a BSOD with this error, "Thread Stuck in Device Driver".I found this thread and that's why I'm sharing minidumb file and systeminfo.minidumb: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq3dgSw3op_ElXxAFq9_HGr6weFR?e=rUZQJOsystemifo:...
  4. BSOD thread stuck in device driver

BSOD thread stuck in device driver: Hi, I have been getting the BSOD on my new pc. Here are the specs: Motherboard: asrock b450m hdv r4.0 Bios version p3.70 Cpu: ryzen 3 3200g part # yd3200c5fhbox Ram: 1x8gb gskill aegis 3000 mhz Ssd: kingston 120gb Psu: 400watt Os: windows 10 pro fully updated Drivers:...
  5. Need help with BSOD thread stuck in device driver.

Need help with BSOD thread stuck in device driver.: I have been having this blue screen for about a month now, and I have tried many ways to get rid of it. I have updated all the drivers I could, I ran many scans and malware detection services, but it is still prevalent. I updated my motherboard and removed any source of...
  6. Thread stuck in device driver BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thread stuck in device driver BSOD: Hello everyone, I have been having this error while playing X-Plane 11. I am reinstalling it as I am typing. I updated all my drivers to the newest version including my RX Vega 54. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?...
  7. BSOD Device driver stuck in thread

BSOD Device driver stuck in thread: Have no clue why i get this, all my drivers are updated to the newest. Here`s a link to a folder with my dump files and sysinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgdnkJ74kZzOlX34CFIrFWZBPnYQ?e=p12wbi...
  8. BSOD - Thread Stuck in Device Driver

BSOD - Thread Stuck in Device Driver: Hello I bought this PC, second-hand, works great in many ways but every so often I get the BSOD with the above stop code. I've updated all drivers in Device Manager and all Windows Updates are fine. Not sure what else to do Here is the link to my dmp and msinfo files....
  9. BSOD Thread stuck in device driver

BSOD Thread stuck in device driver: Here is my computer: A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core, FBM-02 MicroATX Mini Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker Occasionally when I'm multitasking on the computer, it will have this error: Attachment 99662 I will attach all logs in a compressed file for your viewing pleasure:...
  10. BSOD Thread stuck In Device Driver

BSOD Thread stuck In Device Driver: Every so often (once every two or three weeks) it's quite random, normally when playing games. The game normally freezes and then the BSOD occurs. I am quite good with computers on the basic side of things but all this BSOD solving seems quite complicated so I might get a...