Windows 10: Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error - Bug Check Code: 0x000000ea DirectX Graphics Kernel....

Discus and support Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error - Bug Check Code: 0x000000ea DirectX Graphics Kernel.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good afternoon. I recently updated a users PC and ran the Dell support assistant for the maintenance on his laptop, it found a few things to update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TSpiels, Aug 31, 2020.

1. TSpiels Win User

Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error - Bug Check Code: 0x000000ea DirectX Graphics Kernel....

Good afternoon. I recently updated a users PC and ran the Dell support assistant for the maintenance on his laptop, it found a few things to update and did as normal. A few days after I did that the user reached out to let me know he receives this error whenever he attempts to run Adobe Photoshop. I feel I have it narrowed down to potentially a driver issue with the AMD card, as i've noticed if I disable it, the user can run Photoshop just fine, but obviously can't run the powerful stuff within the software due to having to use the onboard laptop graphics.

I have attempted to re-run the support assistant to see if it picks up any failures or anything but nothing. I've attempted to install the latest AMD driver for that version card and also attempted previous driver versions. I've also attempted to update the driver via Device Manager by having Windows search and attempted a youtube fix by selecting one on the system already, to no avail.

If anybody could offer up some troubleshooting tips i'd greatly appreciate it.

Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error - Bug Check Code: 0x000000ea   DirectX Graphics Kernel.... 1d5e8f03-2e98-41dd-a7c3-9e29122cc950?upload=true.png

:)

TSpiels, Aug 31, 2020
  2. Rashmi93 Win User

BSOD 'Thread stuck in device driver' error code 0x000000EA

My system freezes for a few seconds and then BSOD gets displayed showing 'Thread stuck in device driver'. This happens randomly. I updated the BIOS version but the problem still persists. All the other drivers are updated. I am using AMD E1-6010 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics. Please help..

Rashmi93, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Thread Stuck in Driver

Hi Mark,

We appreciate that you have provided us the troubleshooting steps that you have done already. We can provide you other troubleshooting steps that can help to resolve the issue regarding the Thread Stuck in Driver error.

The Thread Stuck In Device Driver error is caused by a driver file being caught in an endless loop while it waits for the hardware to enter idle state. Performing a series of updates will usually resolve this issue and since you have updated your motherboard
    BIOS as well as the graphics and audio drivers, you can perform the Windows updates. Here's how:

• Open Start Menu and click on Settings >
      Update & Security
      settings > Windows Update.
    • Click on the Check for updates button.
    • If any updates are available, they will be offered to you.

Let us know if there is anything else that comes up so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error - Bug Check Code: 0x000000ea DirectX Graphics Kernel....

Thread Stuck In Device Driver Error

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

The THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER bug check indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning. A device driver is spinning in an infinite loop, most likely waiting for hardware to become idle. This usually indicates problem with the hardware
    itself, or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Frequently, this is the result of a bad video card or a bad display driver.

Suggest you to check and install latest Graphics card driver from Manufacturer website, instead from AMD website. If no updated driver available on device Manufacturer site, then try to install them in compatibility mode.
    Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the latest and available driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Uninstall the existing graphics card drivers from your PC through Control Panel.

c. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘Properties’.

d. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select
    Windows 8/8.1 or 7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error - Bug Check Code: 0x000000ea DirectX Graphics Kernel....

1. Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error - Bug Check Code: 0x000000ea DirectX Graphics Kernel.... - Similar Threads - Thread Stuck Device

2. Thread Stuck in Device Driver error code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thread Stuck in Device Driver error code: Have been gotten this error code a few times over the past month, but recently I have gotten it like 3 times within the last week, and that is only from what I have seen with my own eyes. I have tried looking around for possible solutions to the problem, but many places I...
  3. Thread Stuck in Device Driver error code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thread Stuck in Device Driver error code: Have been gotten this error code a few times over the past month, but recently I have gotten it like 3 times within the last week, and that is only from what I have seen with my own eyes. I have tried looking around for possible solutions to the problem, but many places I...
  4. stop code thread stuck in device driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    stop code thread stuck in device driver: Hi I recently installed Windows 10 on my computer, and I get a blue screen and the error name is: stop code thread stuck in device driver. The time in which the screen appears is after the restart that the computer asks for me after it has installed drivers...
  5. Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error

Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error: Hello. I'm having problems with Thread Stuck in Device Driver Error with the amdkmdag file. with two games in particular I didn't find anything related on the network I hope you can help me. pc freezes and the blue screen appears. analyzed with the blue scream view...
  6. Stop code : Thread Stuck In Device Drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop code : Thread Stuck In Device Drivers: Hi, I have encountered blue screen after I forced shut down my laptop 2 days ago. I have checked on the stop code and follow some instructions trying to fix it but still unsuccessful. Actions i have taken are: i) uninstall recent apps ii) uninstall drivers that have...
  7. THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER 0x000000EA Blue Screen Error

in Windows 10 News
    THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER 0x000000EA Blue Screen Error: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]With a failed attempt to use the Graphics rendering capabilities of a computer, is made by a program, Windows 10 might throw a Blue Screen error saying THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER. The Stop Code for this Blue Screen error [...] This post THREAD STUCK IN...
  8. Boot Loop with Error Code THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER

Boot Loop with Error Code THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER: Last night, I was playing a game on my laptop. I left the room for a few minutes and when I returned it was boot looping. I don't know what caused this, but I tried the system repair first and it didn't work. Upon using the system restore to return to an earlier point in time...
  9. Error thread stuck in device driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error thread stuck in device driver: I posted a thread in the drivers section and someone told me to post here so that is what i am doing. I have attached the logs. 56993
  10. BSOD 'Thread stuck in device driver' error code 0x000000EA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD 'Thread stuck in device driver' error code 0x000000EA: My system freezes for a few seconds and then BSOD gets displayed showing 'Thread stuck in device driver'. This happens randomly. I updated the BIOS version but the problem still persists. All the other drivers are updated. I am using AMD E1-6010 APU with AMD Radeon R2...