Windows 10: Thread stuck in device driver - Random BSOD

Discus and support Thread stuck in device driver - Random BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there. I bought a computer a year back or so and It has been working perfectly. Some time ago (cannot remember exactly when), I started getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by highclick, Jan 8, 2017.

1. highclick Win User

Thread stuck in device driver - Random BSOD

Hi there.

I bought a computer a year back or so and It has been working perfectly.
    Some time ago (cannot remember exactly when), I started getting BSOD crashes.
    These crashes can occur whenever, this stretches from browsing facebook all the way to playing intense games.

I'm very bad with computers but I managed to use BlueScreenView to detect this:
    http://puu.sh/tg1u6/c47a647e4b.png

The log collector file can be found below.
    Thank you for your time!

:)

highclick, Jan 8, 2017
  2. ZoranE Win User

Random BSOD: Thread stuck in device driver

Yeah I got the file but this site didn't support attachments...so...here you go a link:

Crash.BSOD.091815-60671-01.rar

ZoranE, Jan 8, 2017
  3. Random BSOD: Thread stuck in device driver

This was related to your ATI video driver.

Completely remove the current driver and install the newest driver available. For instructions on how to do that Read all about updating drivers by my partner JMH3143 here Updating a driver.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 8, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello highclick and welcome to TenForums *Smile

The crash dump files show that there is problem with certain drivers on your system:

Code: ffffdb01`60406608 fffff80b`26aac153Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0309792.inf_amd64_16fba8c07200efae\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys atikmpag+0xc153 ffffdb01`60406858 fffff80b`26932938Unable to load image SYMEVENT64x86.SYS, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMEVENT64x86.SYS *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMEVENT64x86.SYS SYMEVENT64x86+0x12938 ffffdb01`60406860 00000000`00000000 ffffdb01`60406868 fffff80b`27a10fa7Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NSx64\1608010.00E\SYMNETS.SYS, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMNETS.SYS *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMNETS.SYS SYMNETS+0x10fa7[/quote] The latter drivers are associated with Norton Security drivers and I would suggest you try removing the Norton Security software and use the built-in Windows Defender for a while to see if this makes a difference.

The atikmpag.sys driver is for your graphics card. Please completely uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from AMD. Be sure to install the minimum required software using custom/advanced options, you can use this tutorial for the installation part *Arrow AMD Graphics Drivers - Install Without Catalyst Install Manager - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hopefully this will get your system running smoothly again and then you can try installing Norton if you wish to do so and see if it remains stable.

philc43, Jan 8, 2017
  5. highclick Win User
    The latter drivers are associated with Norton Security drivers and I would suggest you try removing the Norton Security software and use the built-in Windows Defender for a while to see if this makes a difference.

The atikmpag.sys driver is for your graphics card. Please completely uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from AMD. Be sure to install the minimum required software using custom/advanced options, you can use this tutorial for the installation part *Arrow AMD Graphics Drivers - Install Without Catalyst Install Manager - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hopefully this will get your system running smoothly again and then you can try installing Norton if you wish to do so and see if it remains stable.[/quote] Thank you for your time to respond!

I have already DDU uninstalled and installed the newest AMD drivers, yet the problem persists.
    I will try to reinstall Norton and see if it will make a difference!

highclick, Jan 9, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Better to completely remove it for now and run with the built-in Windows Defender as @philc43 mentioned. Reinstalling it and ending up with the same problem proves nothing, better to eliminate it for now.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Thread stuck in device driver - Random BSOD - Similar Threads - Thread stuck device

2. BSOD : Thread stuck in device driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD : Thread stuck in device driver: I recently got my pc built and I've noticed that when I'm playing games or doing other stuff, it sometimes starts to feel a little choppy and laggy-ish and then it crashes giving the error Thread Stuck in Device DriverIt has happened alot of times with me, it works perfectly...
  3. "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" BSOD Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" BSOD Error: Today I powered on my PC and after few seconds, I got a BSOD with this error, "Thread Stuck in Device Driver".I found this thread and that's why I'm sharing minidumb file and systeminfo.minidumb: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq3dgSw3op_ElXxAFq9_HGr6weFR?e=rUZQJOsystemifo:...
  4. BSOD thread stuck in device driver

BSOD thread stuck in device driver: Hi, I have been getting the BSOD on my new pc. Here are the specs: Motherboard: asrock b450m hdv r4.0 Bios version p3.70 Cpu: ryzen 3 3200g part # yd3200c5fhbox Ram: 1x8gb gskill aegis 3000 mhz Ssd: kingston 120gb Psu: 400watt Os: windows 10 pro fully updated Drivers:...
  5. Thread stuck in device driver BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thread stuck in device driver BSOD: Hello everyone, I have been having this error while playing X-Plane 11. I am reinstalling it as I am typing. I updated all my drivers to the newest version including my RX Vega 54. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?...
  6. BSOD Thread stuck in device driver ASUS LAPTOP random bsod

BSOD Thread stuck in device driver ASUS LAPTOP random bsod: Hi, I have an asus laptop, and since i bought it randomly gives me a BSOD with the message Thread stuck in device driver this is the file the diagnostic tool gave me (the forum diagnosic tool) Google Drive: Sign-in the windows version is 1909 compilation 18363.836 thank...
  7. BSOD Device driver stuck in thread

BSOD Device driver stuck in thread: Have no clue why i get this, all my drivers are updated to the newest. Here`s a link to a folder with my dump files and sysinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgdnkJ74kZzOlX34CFIrFWZBPnYQ?e=p12wbi...
  8. BSOD - Thread Stuck in Device Driver

BSOD - Thread Stuck in Device Driver: Hello I bought this PC, second-hand, works great in many ways but every so often I get the BSOD with the above stop code. I've updated all drivers in Device Manager and all Windows Updates are fine. Not sure what else to do Here is the link to my dmp and msinfo files....
  9. BSOD Thread stuck in device driver

BSOD Thread stuck in device driver: Here is my computer: A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core, FBM-02 MicroATX Mini Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker Occasionally when I'm multitasking on the computer, it will have this error: Attachment 99662 I will attach all logs in a compressed file for your viewing pleasure:...
  10. BSOD Thread stuck In Device Driver

BSOD Thread stuck In Device Driver: Every so often (once every two or three weeks) it's quite random, normally when playing games. The game normally freezes and then the BSOD occurs. I am quite good with computers on the basic side of things but all this BSOD solving seems quite complicated so I might get a...