Windows 10: Thread Stuck In Device Drivers While Playing Games

Discus and support Thread Stuck In Device Drivers While Playing Games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I have been having this BSOD error for the last 4-5 months, however it sometimes stops for multiple weeks, but it always comes back. Recently i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Grayson, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Grayson Win User

Thread Stuck In Device Drivers While Playing Games

Hello!
    I have been having this BSOD error for the last 4-5 months, however it sometimes stops for multiple weeks, but it always comes back. Recently i have been getting this issue guaranteed every time i play a graphically intensive games. There's no set time for when this issue occurs, sometimes its after 8 hours and sometimes its immediately after loading the game.

Here is a list of things i have tried to resolve this issue.
    -Clean installing my GPU drivers.
    -Using the latest Motherboard drivers.
    -Rolling back to every possible GPU driver possible
    -Rolling back windows updates as well as installing the latest windows updates

-2017-10-15_180021_34.zip

:)

Grayson, Oct 15, 2017

2. Thread Stuck in Device Driver while running games (usually graphic intensive)

Related to the ATI video driver

Completely remove everything from AMD using DDU and install the newest copy of the driver available.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-dri...

You can head either to AMD or the manufacturer of your device to get the newest driver.

If that happens again, it might be an overheat or a faulty hardware issue.

Let us know if you require any assistance.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 15, 2017
  3. Timmyctc Win User
    Thread Stuck in Device Driver while running games (usually graphic intensive)

Has been an on going issue with my laptop for as long as I've used Windows 10. Have repeatedly fresh installed, system restore and rollbacks and clean reinstall of drivers.

Have attached the dmp files from the 3 most recent BSODs hopefully some one who is capable of reading into them can help shed light on whats causing this frustrating issue.

DMP Files

---

Lenovo z50

Processor : AMD FX7500 Radeon R7

Memory : 8GB RAM

GPU: 1GB R7

Timmyctc, Oct 15, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

All the dumps are the same and indicate a problem with *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys.
    Code: BugCheck 100000EA, {ffff970dbff0d7c0, 0, 0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys[/quote] I know you've done everything possible with your video card so not sure what to tell you. You could try running with Driver Verifier enabled, see if it shows some other problem that could contribute to what appears to be a video problem.

===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to
    Thread Stuck In Device Drivers While Playing Games [​IMG]
    PART TWO
    Thread Stuck In Device Drivers While Playing Games [​IMG]
    and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a verifier generated BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it. If you get a BSOD, rerun dm_log_collector and upload the resulting zip file.
    ====================================================

The alternative is to try a different video card. Can you borrow one from someone to test with?

Ztruker, Oct 15, 2017
  5. Grayson Win User
    Yes i am able to borrow a card, was also approved for an rma so this is my last resort, will keep you posted as soon as i follow your provided steps

Grayson, Oct 15, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    *Thumbs hope either (borrow) or both (rma) fix the problem.

Ztruker, Oct 15, 2017
  7. Grayson Win User
    so to conclude, the error code you analysed basically rules out all else and that the card is just faulty?

Grayson, Oct 15, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

No, the error code is all that the dump indicates as a cause of a problem. There can be other problems but nothing in the dump shows that. Once the video is fixed other problems may pop up but I don't think that will happen.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Thread Stuck In Device Drivers While Playing Games - Similar Threads - Thread Stuck Device

2. Thread Stuck in Device Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thread Stuck in Device Driver: Hello, I'm dealing with this error since a long time ago, at least twice a week. I own an Acer Aspire 5 - A515-41G-16BQ, but I assume msinfo will contain all other necessary info. In short, I have updated everything: - BIOS - W10 - AMD drivers - sound drivers Every single...
  3. Thread Stuck in device driver

Thread Stuck in device driver: [IMG]Quisiera saber por que me está dando este problema, el cual es muy frecuente a la hora en la que estoy en alguna aplicación o un juego, y abro google chrome, despues de 1 minuto de abierto, me da el pantallazo azul...
  4. device stuck in driver thread while playing witcher 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    device stuck in driver thread while playing witcher 3: [ATTACH] When I play the witcher 3 , device stuck in driver thread happens link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApCzu2tRCGPGbWfJwJqRulcsFGY?e=lWAh9n https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-stuck-in-driver-thread-while-playing/e4f0626b-a02a-489d-ab0a-0abd829a6b9f
  5. Thread Stuck in a Device Driver

Thread Stuck in a Device Driver: I think so there is huge problem in windows 10. i installed windows 10 , 2 times from a bootable pendrive. my laptop eventually crashes i have tested with fhree Amd drivers 20.4.1 20.5.1 & Now 20.7.1 it always crahses i am not sure if there is a problem with AMD. i...
  6. BSOD Thread stuck in driver error. while playing a game.

BSOD Thread stuck in driver error. while playing a game.: i usually get BSOD while playing games, i try to install the lastest drivers but the problem keep going. Plz help. 77143
  7. BSOD while playing games. Thread stuck in driver error

BSOD while playing games. Thread stuck in driver error: Like the title says, I usually get a BSOD while playing games and I do usually have chrome open when these errors happen... I tried updating the bios and video card drivers, but still keep getting BSOD. 77033
  8. Thread stuck in device driver while playing csgo - atikmdag+dxgkrnl

Thread stuck in device driver while playing csgo - atikmdag+dxgkrnl: Thread stuck in device driver while playing csgo - atikmdag+dxgkrnl I often get bsod Thread_stuck_in_device_driver while playing csgo. I have freshly(maybe 1 week ago) installed windows 10 creators update (i must reinstall because upgrade from anniversary update doesn't...
  9. BSOD While Gaming - Thread Stuck in Device Driver

BSOD While Gaming - Thread Stuck in Device Driver: Hello TenForums, I've been battling a troublesome BSOD issue over the course of months now, and really getting frustrated. During gaming, I've been getting a BSOD saying Thread Stuck in Device Driver at strange times. It doesn't always seem to be consistant. Here are a few...
  10. BSoD Thread stuck in device driver - while gaming

BSoD Thread stuck in device driver - while gaming: I have very recently started having issues while playing WOW were after a few minutes of play time I get a BSoD saying that there is a thread stuck in the device driver. I have tried everything online that I could find, tried updating drivers ( I have an AMD Radeon R7 card),...