Windows 10: Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod | amd a8-7600k

Discus and support Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod | amd a8-7600k in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hardware Specifications: Motherboard: MSI A78-E35 V2 Processor: AMD A8-7600K (overclocked to 3.8GHz) Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB DDR3 1866MHz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rattle189, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Rattle189 Win User

Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod | amd a8-7600k

Hardware Specifications:
    • Motherboard: MSI A78-E35 V2
    • Processor: AMD A8-7600K (overclocked to 3.8GHz)
    • Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB DDR3 1866MHz
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 APU (dedicated graphics set to 2GB)
    • Operating System: Windows® 10 Pro 64-bit
    • Storage: WD Blue 2.0TB HDD, WD Blue 500GB Laptop HDD, SAMSUNG 320GB HDD, TOSHIBA 320GB Laptop HDD, ST 250GB HDD

Hey guys, I'm getting the THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD when two programs are using my graphics card, at least that's what I think. The crash occurs for example when I'm playing Dota 2 and there's a YouTube video or a video on Facebook that is playing in the background, after several Alt Tabs the PC will suddenly freeze and end up in the crash screen. This also occurs when I'm playing two games, for example there's Dota 2 running on top and Minecraft in the background.

My Windows 10 is a clean installation and is up-to-date with the latest security and stability updates, my antivirus software which is Windows Defender has the latest malware signatures and is running fine in the background, my computer is free from malicious software, my operating system along with all programs and games are installed on the biggest and newest hard drive, and my Radeon graphics card drivers are up-to-date.

Any help is appreciated, big thanks.

:)

Rattle189, Apr 2, 2017

2. BSOD / FREEZE Problems with WINDOWS 10

DISCUSSION: The following is recent BSOD/FREEZE occurances. I'm not interested in finding the cause of each one, but rather, when is Microsoft/AMD/et al going to upgrade Windows 10 and/or AMD
    drivers to better handle interrupts and multiple threads.

Configuration: HP 500-314 Computer with: Windows 10 (64 bit), Processor: AMD A8-7600 [Radeon R7 Graphics, 10 Compute Cores (4C + 6G), 3100 MHz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)], 8 GB Memory,
    2 TB HD, 500 GB External HD (Iomega).

RECENT BSOD/FREEZE OCCURANCES:

31.Dec.2015: 03:45:00 AM : TWC_Online : BLACKSCREEN, Auto-Restart : c:/Windows : NO Minidump; Logs: dosvc, WindowsUpdate :
    10.Jan.2016: 4:32 AM : FREEZE while watching CBS 'Blue Bloods' on TWC_Online. Hard Power-Off required to restart computer :

21.Jan.2016: 1:13 PM: Watching “The Blaze” live broadcast: BSOD (CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) with NO Auto-Restart. Hard Power-Off to Restart :

23.Jan.2016: 4:17 AM: Watching TWC Online: FNC : Freeze, then BSOD (CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) : waited 10 minutes: with NO Auto-Restart. Hard Power-Off to Restart :

4.Feb.2016: 5:25 AM: BSOD [THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER] w/Auto-Restart: while watching TWC_Online (Channel 37) :

20.Feb.2016: 7:55 PM: three + hours into Defender Full Scan: BSOD [CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT] :

21.Feb.2016: 1:35 AM: BSOD [CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT] w/ NO Auto-Restart: while watching TWC_Online (Channel 37) :

21.Feb.2016: 12:23 PM: BSOD [THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER] w/Auto-Restart: while watching TWC_Online (AMC) :

22.Feb.2016: 3:25 AM: FREEZE while watching TWC (Billions) :

2.Mar.2016: 6:52 AM: BSOD [THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER]. Preceeded by: deletion of several files from File Explorer “Quick Access” list, then attempt to access TWC_Online via desktop shortcut. :

RalphHosmer, Apr 2, 2017
  3. Game Mode and Game Bar cause BSOD

Hello,

I am running on an AMD A10 PRO-7350B with R6 integrated graphics. Whenever I launch a game with Game Mode enabled or try to open the Game Bar, I more frequently than not get a THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD. I've already clean installed the graphics
    driver numerous times. Any ideas?

Awesome1pc2, Apr 2, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Please note the forum rules:

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

philc43, Apr 2, 2017
  5. Rattle189 Win User
    I don't intend to discuss piracy on this community though I acknowledge the fact that there is pirated software installed on my computer for several reasons, but I don't understand what's stopping you from assisting a community member if there is pirated content installed on his computer.

Rattle189, Apr 3, 2017
  6. Barman58 Win User
    There is no acceptable reason to steal software

Barman58, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod | amd a8-7600k - Similar Threads - Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod amd

2. BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER: Lately, I have been getting the Thread Stuck in Device Driver BSOD error when I try to play games or watch videos on my PC. It will never happen when I am using things like zoom or a web browser that is not playing videos. I have tried everything to fix this including...
  3. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER in Windows 10 using AMD driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER in Windows 10 using AMD driver: A few months ago I have purchased an Asus TUF Gaming FX505DT_FX505DT and have it installed with a Windows 10 Pro system. Ever since I had this recurring freeze. By freeze I mean complete freeze. The sound freezes into a buzzing, the screen, the keyboard, anything. Only...
  4. Iconsistent THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD

Iconsistent THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD: The Problem: I have an Acer Aspire A515-41G-13U1 an awful laptop that I bought a little over a year ago. It's always had problems with blue screens from removing the charger cable to just playing a game and I have never managed to solve them, not even after sending it to...
  5. Bsod - thread_stuck_in_device_driver

Bsod - thread_stuck_in_device_driver: It's been a while since I've posted to the forums, where fortunately I haven't had issues with my old build. Unfortunately, on this Ryzen 5 build (Windows 10, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.752), we've been getting a lot of Windows 10 freezing, along with too many too count...
  6. Frequent BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

Frequent BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER: More details in the zip, but here's the summary of the situation. I bought this Asus TUF FX505DT gaming laptop about 2 weeks ago and ever since then I experienced frequent BSOD mainly THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER. My previous laptop intel + nvidia pair never had BSOD like...
  7. Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod

Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod: Hi. I got this THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD and it happens at least twice a month. I ran the BlueScreenView application and it shows: [img] Dump file is also attached. I'm running not the latest AMD drivers for a reason. The latest drivers remove support from AMD...
  8. BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER 0x100000ea

BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER 0x100000ea: I was away from the pc having dinner came back and noticed pc had rebooted itself before i left the pc to have dinner I had edge browser open with a few tabs running and toview app running for the tv I believe I had a update installed Security Update for Adobe Flash Player...
  9. BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error

BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error: Hi there, I've a problem when playing games or attempting to update my processor, at the moment when I try to update to amd Catalyst Software Suite 15.7.1 I get the BSOD in the title. I've run sfc/scannow multiple times and it's showed no errors and also Dism /Online /...
  10. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD on Windows 10 with AMD A10-7800

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD on Windows 10 with AMD A10-7800: Every so often (especially when I have a game and a web-browser open simultaneously) my computer will BSOD, into THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER. As far as I recall this only started happening after updating my AMD driver to the Crimson edition thing, but after reverting it and...