Windows 10: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD error when browsing, and playing

Discus and support THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD error when browsing, and playing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yet again, I'm here with a problem. Not the same that I got when I had avast! antivirus. Today I just uninstalled avast! antivirus, because it made the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheStrangeTeste, Nov 4, 2016.

1. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD error when browsing, and playing

Yet again, I'm here with a problem. Not the same that I got when I had avast! antivirus. Today I just uninstalled avast! antivirus, because it made the computer get THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER problems. Until now it was disabled. But when I uninstalled AVAST it just started even more problems. When I am loading a game and browsing the internet sometimes I get THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER problems. It is very annoying, because I got a lot of mods for that game, so I watch videos until it loads. When I looked through the BSOD files in BlueScreenView, all the BSODs have the same file error: atikmdag.sys and dxgkrnl.sys Please help.

Also why does VMWare Workstation pro disable my internet? I currently don't have it installed, but when I install I lose my internet connection?

:)

TheStrangeTeste, Nov 4, 2016
  2. ldsskier Win User

Minidump file - thread_stuck_in_device_driver

BSOD.zip

Error most commonly appears while playing games in Steam, always thread_stuck_in_device_driver

ldsskier, Nov 4, 2016
  3. Robin0925 Win User
    Blue Screen Thread Stuck in Device Driver

Okay, so I got a new PC a few weeks ago. Everything was fine, until a few days ago. I started getting a BSOD when playing the game Pillars of Eternity.

After 15-25 minutes of playing, suddenly the screen goes all green, followed by the BSOD with the error described as Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver. Typically there will be several weird flickers of the screen a minute or 2 before the error restarts the PC.

When the green screen happens the sound turns to just electronic feedback or something.

I have an AMD R9 380 4GB card by PowerColor.

i5-4690.

8gb G.skillz 2133ram.

256gb SSD.

Gigabyte motherboard.

Not sure what to do. I've uninstalled the AMD drivers using the program Display Driver Uninstaller, and reinstalled the newest version. I tried the newest BETA version but then I got a different error code. It was video tdr failure atikmpag.sys

Any ideas? Really frustrated.

Robin0925, Nov 4, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD error when browsing, and playing

Please remove ASUS software while troubleshooting.

Please uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from ASUS. Be sure to install as less as possible software using custom/advanced options, you can use this tutorial for the installation part *Arrow AMD Graphics Drivers - Install Without Catalyst Install Manager - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Attachment 109196
    Code: 1: kd> lmvm atikmdag Browse full module list start end module name fffff808`4ecd0000 fffff808`5066c000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Mon Jul 18 23:41:41 2016 (578D4D15) CheckSum: 01989001 ImageSize: 0199C000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD error when browsing, and playing [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

axe0, Nov 6, 2016
  5. Well, I'm going to uninstall Daemon Tools now, also the image is broken, I can't see anything from it

TheStrangeTeste, Nov 6, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Do you have any extension enabled that blocks ads or something? They may block the image.

axe0, Nov 6, 2016
  7. I have AdBlock Plus. But I tried by disabling on this site, but nothing worked. Also, I'm really annoyed of this Driver stuff. I tried installing it more than 2 times, including failed attempts. Oh and also the computer keeps crashing really soon when I play Unturned. I have no time even to get out of main menu to singleplayer,

TheStrangeTeste, Nov 6, 2016
  8. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD error when browsing, and playing

Or, there are two more options:
    Go to a restore point before or after Windows 10 update or Reinstalling Windows 8.1 with a secret partition. Does ASUS X550ZE have a secret restore partition

TheStrangeTeste, Nov 7, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Usually all laptops come with a 'hidden' recovery partition that could be used.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD error when browsing, and playing

1. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD error when browsing, and playing - Similar Threads - THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD error

2. BSOD Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver when playing games with Ryzen 4800U

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver when playing games with Ryzen 4800U: Hello! I'm posting here as I have been battling with my new laptop for a month now without success. My current configuration is: Lenovo IdeaPad 5-15ARE05 CPU: Ryzen 7 4800U GPU: Integrated Vega Graphics RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz Hynix dual channel SSD: 512GB NVMe TLC Samsung...
  3. Iconsistent THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD

Iconsistent THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD: The Problem: I have an Acer Aspire A515-41G-13U1 an awful laptop that I bought a little over a year ago. It's always had problems with blue screens from removing the charger cable to just playing a game and I have never managed to solve them, not even after sending it to...
  4. Bsod - thread_stuck_in_device_driver

Bsod - thread_stuck_in_device_driver: It's been a while since I've posted to the forums, where fortunately I haven't had issues with my old build. Unfortunately, on this Ryzen 5 build (Windows 10, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.752), we've been getting a lot of Windows 10 freezing, along with too many too count...
  5. Frequent BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

Frequent BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER: More details in the zip, but here's the summary of the situation. I bought this Asus TUF FX505DT gaming laptop about 2 weeks ago and ever since then I experienced frequent BSOD mainly THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER. My previous laptop intel + nvidia pair never had BSOD like...
  6. Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod

Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod: Hi. I got this THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD and it happens at least twice a month. I ran the BlueScreenView application and it shows: [img] Dump file is also attached. I'm running not the latest AMD drivers for a reason. The latest drivers remove support from AMD...
  7. BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER 0x100000ea

BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER 0x100000ea: I was away from the pc having dinner came back and noticed pc had rebooted itself before i left the pc to have dinner I had edge browser open with a few tabs running and toview app running for the tv I believe I had a update installed Security Update for Adobe Flash Player...
  8. BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error

BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error: Hi there, I've a problem when playing games or attempting to update my processor, at the moment when I try to update to amd Catalyst Software Suite 15.7.1 I get the BSOD in the title. I've run sfc/scannow multiple times and it's showed no errors and also Dism /Online /...
  9. BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER, error 0x100000ea (Graphics card?)

BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER, error 0x100000ea (Graphics card?): Attachment 30761 Attachment 30762 Hey, So i was just browsing facebook and clicked on a link and the computer froze up and the screen blanked out. There was no display after a split second but I had to manually restart the computer. I presumed it was a BSOD and checked...
  10. BSOD when playing League of Legends or browsing

BSOD when playing League of Legends or browsing: Hi, I upgraded from 7 to 10 and began getting crashes when playing LoL and Fallout 3 and occasionally when sitting at the desktop. I tried making a clean install and have subsequently had a few crashes. 1. After trying to install the Windows 7 sound driver (W10 not...