Windows 10: Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod

Discus and support Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I got this THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD and it happens at least twice a month. I ran the BlueScreenView application and it shows: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gil, Aug 19, 2019.

1. GIL
    gil Win User

Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod

Hi.

I got this THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD and it happens at least twice a month.

I ran the BlueScreenView application and it shows:

Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod [​IMG]

Dump file is also attached.

I'm running not the latest AMD drivers for a reason. The latest drivers remove support from AMD Mantle API, which I need for gaming, as DirectX causing a crash.
    Example: Playing Battlefield 4, if I use thermal optics the game will crash when using DirectX. I was never able to solve this problem since it was introduced in 2015.

I'm not sure if the problem is with the AMD driver, or the directX.
    I have the latest Win10 build.

The action I did 1 second before the BSOD:
    My Spotify app was already loaded. I simply brought it to the foreground and clicked on a playlist and then BSOD happened.

Is there a way to solve this without updating the AMD driver? (I doubt it would help anyway)

082019-14843-01.zip
    -PC-(2019-08-20_10-46-46).zip

:)

2. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Do let us know if the issue is confined only while accessing the game?

The THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER bug indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning. A device driver is spinning in an infinite loop, most likely waiting for hardware to become idle. This usually indicates problem with the hardware itself,
    or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Frequently, this is the result of a bad video card or a bad display driver.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Update the display driver

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the
      Display Adapter
      and click on Update Driver Software.

Refer to the below article by Andre Da Costa to install the drivers manually on your device.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Error: "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER " on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop after the restart?

The THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER bug indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning. A device driver is spinning in an infinite loop, most likely waiting for hardware to become idle. This usually indicates problem with the hardware itself,
    or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Frequently, this is the result of a bad video card or a bad display driver.

If you are able to boot the device to desktop, try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Update the display driver

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the
      Display Adapter
      and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device and check if the issue persists.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER atikmdag.sys

Hi, well, sorry for the delay, i did a clean installation and i though it worked, 'cause those BSOD stoped. And now, they started again, so i did an upgrade, then a clean installation, and then i did all the steps you listed, and nope, it didn't worked.
    Here is a ss: Screenshot

Darion Mograine, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod

1. Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod - Similar Threads - Thread_stuck_in_device_driver bsod

2. Keep getting THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep getting THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD: Since a couple of days, and coincidentally last Windows Update I installed, i've been getting seemingly random THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSODs, specially when playing games, but not exclusively. It used to be only in games yesterday, but today it BSOD'd when i was just...
  3. BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER: Lately, I have been getting the Thread Stuck in Device Driver BSOD error when I try to play games or watch videos on my PC. It will never happen when I am using things like zoom or a web browser that is not playing videos. I have tried everything to fix this including...
  4. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD: Well, Since I got this PC last year i had the same BSOD over and over again, there was a time i fixed it temporarily* but instead of BSOD I got freezes - while playing games, watching or even just opening Google Chrome ended up making my PC Freeze/BSOD. After a while i'm...
  5. Windows 10 THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD problem

Windows 10 THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD problem: Hi Everyone, I have experienced the THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD problem on my computer these days. And I have tried everything online to repair it, like update the drivers for all the devices. May I know if I can get any help from here? Here is the link to the...
  6. BSOD Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver when playing games with Ryzen 4800U

BSOD Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver when playing games with Ryzen 4800U: Hello! I'm posting here as I have been battling with my new laptop for a month now without success. My current configuration is: Lenovo IdeaPad 5-15ARE05 CPU: Ryzen 7 4800U GPU: Integrated Vega Graphics RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz Hynix dual channel SSD: 512GB NVMe TLC Samsung...
  7. Disable Bugcheck / Increase Timeout for THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD

Disable Bugcheck / Increase Timeout for THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD: Hello! I am not here to debug this problem, as I am already aware that my GPU is failing after extensive and exhaustive amounts of debugging. However, seeing as this is a notebook, I have no way of actually fixing the problem, so I decided to do thestupid bold thing of...
  8. Iconsistent THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD

Iconsistent THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD: The Problem: I have an Acer Aspire A515-41G-13U1 an awful laptop that I bought a little over a year ago. It's always had problems with blue screens from removing the charger cable to just playing a game and I have never managed to solve them, not even after sending it to...
  9. Brand new PC BsoD: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brand new PC BsoD: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER: Specs: Ryzen 5 3400G Vega 11 Integrated GPU 1x8 DDR4 Corsair 3200Mhz Ram Enermax 500W PSU 128 GB Kinston SSD on which Windows is installed & 1TB WD Blue HDD I bought a brand new PC yesterday and installed official Windows from Microsoft's site and started getting these...
  10. Bsod - thread_stuck_in_device_driver

Bsod - thread_stuck_in_device_driver: It's been a while since I've posted to the forums, where fortunately I haven't had issues with my old build. Unfortunately, on this Ryzen 5 build (Windows 10, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.752), we've been getting a lot of Windows 10 freezing, along with too many too count...