Windows 10: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error Please help me. I've tried a lot of things but still...

Discus and support THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error Please help me. I've tried a lot of things but still... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I understand that this problem has been questioned many times, but I could not find the solution even the solved threads did not help. Hope you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Meiyanto65, Sep 8, 2020.

1. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error Please help me. I've tried a lot of things but still...

I understand that this problem has been questioned many times, but I could not find the solution even the solved threads did not help. Hope you understand.

Moving on...

The THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error randomly happens when either one of these is done Windows freezes, then the BSoD, then either reboots or stuck in frame the sound keep playing but the video freeze.

The error always happened when I play game happened in high spec games and low spec games.

What I have tried/checked:
    > Updated all the driver GPU included to latest
    > Scanned for antimalware none
    > sfc/scannnow Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations

> Updated Windows to latest Windows 10, version 2004

> Reinstall Windows twice

Please help me solve this problem. I got this pc after saving money for almost 3 years so I really want it to run smoothly.

Thank you.

Here is the link to dump file, msinfo and my pc spec. Hope it will help

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16JieojxdqQq7B7ILLm-BcSNAy0sHi10X/view?usp=sharing

:)

Meiyanto65, Sep 8, 2020

2. Error: "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER " on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop after the restart?

The THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER bug indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning. A device driver is spinning in an infinite loop, most likely waiting for hardware to become idle. This usually indicates problem with the hardware itself,
    or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Frequently, this is the result of a bad video card or a bad display driver.

If you are able to boot the device to desktop, try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Update the display driver

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the
      Display Adapter
      and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device and check if the issue persists.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 8, 2020
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Sep 8, 2020
  4. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error Please help me. I've tried a lot of things but still...

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Do let us know if the issue is confined only while accessing the game?

The THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER bug indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning. A device driver is spinning in an infinite loop, most likely waiting for hardware to become idle. This usually indicates problem with the hardware itself,
    or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Frequently, this is the result of a bad video card or a bad display driver.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Update the display driver

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the
      Display Adapter
      and click on Update Driver Software.

Refer to the below article by Andre Da Costa to install the drivers manually on your device.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error Please help me. I've tried a lot of things but still...

1. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error Please help me. I've tried a lot of things but still... - Similar Threads - THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error Please

2. A lot of bluescreens, tried a lot of things, need further help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A lot of bluescreens, tried a lot of things, need further help: I have a ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IV laptop, which blue screens a lot. The messages vary a lot, but the most common one is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have tried a lot of things, but it still blue screens and freeze every once in a while. I have tried updating all drivers,...
  3. A lot of bluescreens, tried a lot of things, need further help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of bluescreens, tried a lot of things, need further help: I have a ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IV laptop, which blue screens a lot. The messages vary a lot, but the most common one is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have tried a lot of things, but it still blue screens and freeze every once in a while. I have tried updating all drivers,...
  4. Internet not working on both WiFi and Ethernet. I've tried a lot of things already

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet not working on both WiFi and Ethernet. I've tried a lot of things already: I have Windows 11 Home version 22H2.My wifi is connected and it says "Internet Access". But can't get to any websites site can't be reached.My phone and other computers on the WiFi work fine so it's probably not a problem with my router.I connect directly to Ethernet and it...
  5. Internet not working on both WiFi and Ethernet. I've tried a lot of things already

Internet not working on both WiFi and Ethernet. I've tried a lot of things already: I have Windows 11 Home version 22H2.My wifi is connected and it says "Internet Access". But can't get to any websites site can't be reached.My phone and other computers on the WiFi work fine so it's probably not a problem with my router.I connect directly to Ethernet and it...
  6. please tell me what to do? tried a lot of things but failed!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please tell me what to do? tried a lot of things but failed!: this is some weird glitch!unable to pause/stop/re-schedule the windows update! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-tell-me-what-to-do-tried-a-lot-of-things/3db5f9a9-71cc-4b57-accf-292f6c5e4ec4
  7. please tell me what to do? tried a lot of things but failed!

please tell me what to do? tried a lot of things but failed!: this is some weird glitch!unable to pause/stop/re-schedule the windows update! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-tell-me-what-to-do-tried-a-lot-of-things/3db5f9a9-71cc-4b57-accf-292f6c5e4ec4
  8. BSOD issue. Tried too many things still no luck please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD issue. Tried too many things still no luck please help: Hi Guys, Below is a link to the Dump Files for analysis. Have done clean win 10 install few times even with older versions old drivers system still gives bsod randomly with no proper code. Please help....
  9. BSOD Errors I've tried everything please help

BSOD Errors I've tried everything please help: So this morning I awoke started my computer, cat ripped out power cord, so I plugged it back in and restarted. Crashed within an hour after that However after over 18 hours of crashes, BSOD, and black screens I'm huffed, I've done the sfc check, system restores/ system reset,...
  10. BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error

BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error: Hi there, I've a problem when playing games or attempting to update my processor, at the moment when I try to update to amd Catalyst Software Suite 15.7.1 I get the BSOD in the title. I've run sfc/scannow multiple times and it's showed no errors and also Dism /Online /...