Windows 10: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error please read OP before closing thread if necessary

Discus and support THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error please read OP before closing thread if necessary in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I understand that this problem has been questioned many times, but I could not find the solution even the solved threads did not help. Hope you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BavenThiran, Sep 8, 2020.

1. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error please read OP before closing thread if necessary

I understand that this problem has been questioned many times, but I could not find the solution even the solved threads did not help. Hope you understand.

Moving on...

The THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error randomly happens when either one of these is done Windows freezes, then the BSoD, then either reboots or stuck in standby loop moving mouse, keyboard key, pressing power button, etc. do not work:

> Logging into Windows
    > Running Chrome
    > Running a relatively high performance game app Final Fantasy FFXIV, when joining the server with other players

The standby loop also happens randomly when
    > Powering on PC
    > Boot to Windows till login screen

My PC desktop possibly relevant specs

• OS
      • Windows 10 Enterprise
    • MoBo
      • B150M Mortar MS-7972
    • GPU
      • IntelR HD Graphics 530
      • Radeon RX 580 Series

What I have tried/checked:
    > Updated GPU driver to latest
    > Scanned for antimalware none
    > sfc/scannnow Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations
    > Updated Windows to latest Windows 10, version 2004

What I have not done:
    > BIOS flash update to avoid brick-ing
    > System Restore
    > Fresh install Windows do not want to deal with reinstalling important apps that are configured installed, unless absolutely necessary

Link to the logs dump files from Minidump folder of the crash: https://rb.gy/dpjslc

:)

BavenThiran, Sep 8, 2020

2. Error: "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER " on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop after the restart?

The THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER bug indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning. A device driver is spinning in an infinite loop, most likely waiting for hardware to become idle. This usually indicates problem with the hardware itself,
    or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Frequently, this is the result of a bad video card or a bad display driver.

If you are able to boot the device to desktop, try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Update the display driver

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the
      Display Adapter
      and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device and check if the issue persists.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 8, 2020
  3. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Do let us know if the issue is confined only while accessing the game?

The THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER bug indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning. A device driver is spinning in an infinite loop, most likely waiting for hardware to become idle. This usually indicates problem with the hardware itself,
    or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Frequently, this is the result of a bad video card or a bad display driver.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Update the display driver

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the
      Display Adapter
      and click on Update Driver Software.

Refer to the below article by Andre Da Costa to install the drivers manually on your device.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 8, 2020
  4. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error please read OP before closing thread if necessary

[Solved ]How to fix Windows 10 Thread stuck in device driver while installing AMD driver

Hi Nitipoom,

The error THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning. To isolate your concern we'd like to know if you've already installed the latest build available for Windows 10.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link for blue screen error basic
    troubleshooting.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error please read OP before closing thread if necessary

1. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error please read OP before closing thread if necessary - Similar Threads - THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error please

2. Thread_Stuck_in_Device_Driver error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thread_Stuck_in_Device_Driver error: Hi,My laptop is giving blue screen with error: Thread_Stuck_in_Device_Driver error.Model: HP-Compaq Pavilion Notebook 15-cw1507saWindows 10 x64Below the dmp file content:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories **************...
  3. Thread_Stuck_in_Device_Driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thread_Stuck_in_Device_Driver error: Hi,My laptop is giving blue screen with error: Thread_Stuck_in_Device_Driver error.Model: HP-Compaq Pavilion Notebook 15-cw1507saWindows 10 x64Below the dmp file content:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories **************...
  4. Thread_Stuck_in_Device_Driver error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER: Good day sir/mam when im playing games my pc turn into Blue Screen and it said THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER my drivers is updated especially the graphics card built in to my CPU ryzen 3 3200g with vega 8 help me to fix this......
  6. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error Please help me. I've tried a lot of things but still...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error Please help me. I've tried a lot of things but still...: I understand that this problem has been questioned many times, but I could not find the solution even the solved threads did not help. Hope you understand. Moving on... The THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error randomly happens when either one of these is done Windows...
  7. Getting blue screens with error code thread_stuck_in_device_driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting blue screens with error code thread_stuck_in_device_driver: I finished building my PC yesterday, and this morning I installed Windows 10. Everything was going fine until I begun trying to install drivers for my hardware. I think I installed the wrong software though, as once I did, I begun getting the errors. I uninstalled the...
  8. How to solve: "Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to solve: "Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" ?: Hello all, I just built a PC a few days ago to give to my dad for Christmas. When setting it up, I applied the RAM's XMP Profile, letting it get up to its full 3200 clock speed. However, this seems to cause the computer to BSOD on occasion and give the error in the title....
  9. BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error

BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error: Hi there, I've a problem when playing games or attempting to update my processor, at the moment when I try to update to amd Catalyst Software Suite 15.7.1 I get the BSOD in the title. I've run sfc/scannow multiple times and it's showed no errors and also Dism /Online /...
  10. Thread_stuck_in_device_driver

Thread_stuck_in_device_driver: Hello, I've been trying to solve this issue for a whole week, and no progress at all. I first noticed this problem when I put my PC to sleep, and on the wake up, I would get BSOD (THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER). Same thing happened when I would make shutdown from windows,...