Windows 10: Threat Blocked: How do I remove a quarantined threat.

Discus and support Threat Blocked: How do I remove a quarantined threat. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I accidentally downloaded a malicious file which contained a Trojan and thankfully Windows automatically quarantined it.It says that it will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AntonioMiguel2, May 17, 2023.

1. Threat Blocked: How do I remove a quarantined threat.

Hello, I accidentally downloaded a malicious file which contained a Trojan and thankfully Windows automatically quarantined it.It says that it will be removed automatically, but it's been here for a while.How do I remove it manually?Thank you!

:)

AntonioMiguel2, May 17, 2023

2. Unable to remove or quarantine Virus Threat

Ran a virus scan with defend and 3 threats were detected, however when I went to have them removed nothing happened, tried to quarantine them and again nothing happened any suggestions on how to eliminate these threats. The threats are PUA:Win32/SweetIM
    PUA:Win32/Visicom and PUA:Win32/AskToolbar

GaryThibodeau, May 17, 2023
  3. Bree Win User
    How do I remove quarantined threats

It does say under 'Quarantined threats' that "Quarantined threats have been isolated and prevented from running on your device. They will be periodically removed". It could just be that by now they have been automatically removed. It's a possibility as your detections were a few days ago on the 5th. My test was less than 24 hours ago so the quarantined file has not (yet) been automatically removed.

Just reassurance that it's working as designed.

4. Threat Blocked: How do I remove a quarantined threat.

quarantined threats

I have 4 quarantined threats , when I view history it does not give me the option of removal or restore Defender has caught and guaranteed the same threat 4 times in a two week period .

file: C:\Users\Darrell\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\#!001\MicrosoftEdge\Cache\07HDD329\FlashPlayer[1].hta

any suggestions ?

DarrellBenz, May 17, 2023
Thema:

Threat Blocked: How do I remove a quarantined threat.

1. Threat Blocked: How do I remove a quarantined threat. - Similar Threads - Threat Blocked remove

2. How do i remove these "threats"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove these "threats"?: I used tron script to check for malware and viruses and i guess it removed some. Now it left 8 "threats" in my microsoft windows security antivirus and i can't remove them.The tutorial that I followed to use tron...
  3. restoring quarantined threat not doing anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restoring quarantined threat not doing anything: when i try to click the button under threat quarantined to remove the threat nothing happens i cant restore it other drop down menus in windows defender work, everything else works...
  4. Threat Blocked: How do I remove a quarantined threat.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Threat Blocked: How do I remove a quarantined threat.: Hello, I accidentally downloaded a malicious file which contained a Trojan and thankfully Windows automatically quarantined it.It says that it will be removed automatically, but it's been here for a while.How do I remove it manually?Thank you!...
  5. Quarantined Threats

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quarantined Threats: hello, i just got my computer a few months ago. In Windows Security, it says i have a quarantined threat that i would like to get rid of- but when i click on it, it says "do you want to allow this app to make changed to your device" coming from windows security. I'm not sure...
  6. Unable to remove or quarantine Virus Threat

Unable to remove or quarantine Virus Threat: Ran a virus scan with defend and 3 threats were detected, however when I went to have them removed nothing happened, tried to quarantine them and again nothing happened any suggestions on how to eliminate these threats. The threats are PUA:Win32/SweetIM PUA:Win32/Visicom...
  7. threat quarantine confusion

threat quarantine confusion: First of all my PC had been attacked by malware after downloading a file and now I have removed the file and activated windows defender real time protection after performing an advanced offline scan. Some days later I downloaded a free version of malwarebytes. Now I have...
  8. Remove Quarantined Threats History

Remove Quarantined Threats History: Why can't I remove all quarantined threats and clear all history at once in windows 10? [Original Title: Quarantined Threats] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/remove-quarantined-threats-history/4022cd4c-482f-439b-b40e-af125d0ccbfc
  9. Quarantined Threats

Quarantined Threats: Why can't I remove all quarantined threats and clear all history at once in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quarantined-threats/4022cd4c-482f-439b-b40e-af125d0ccbfc
  10. How do I remove quarantined threats

How do I remove quarantined threats: Windows Defender did what it is designed to do - quarantined a Trojan. Now I would like to remove it from quarantine. How do I do that? I know Windows says it will removed periodically, but I do not know how long that may be, so would like to manually get it off of my system...