Windows 10: Threat Blocked V severe

Discus and support Threat Blocked V severe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a threat blocked on my history and its named Threat Blocked. Does that mean its blocked? Its in filters and what do I do? When i click it it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by thepowerboy7roblox, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Threat Blocked V severe

I have a threat blocked on my history and its named Threat Blocked. Does that mean its blocked? Its in filters and what do I do? When i click it it says something about making changes on my device... Please help me!

:)

thepowerboy7roblox, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

3. uorn Win User
    Severe threat detected

I need help I do not know what to do next can someone please help me Windows Defender found a severe threat I send file to Windows Defender team for evaluating, and I got a message today said it is a Severe threat ::::: ( Backdoor:Win32/Floxif ) the
    Alert Level Status is SEVERE to remove it immediately, But I have know clue how to do this and make my computer safe please help me

4. T42(2) Win User

Threat Blocked V severe

Received Severe Threat on laptop-Trojan:JS/Obfus.A (Active)

I received this threat that shows up on my Windows Security and ran all the scans but they keep coming up clean, yet the threat is still there and tells me to take action! I completed the Quickscan, Full Scan, and even did the Windows Defenders Offline
    Scan but the threat says it is still there. Any suggestions? Do I ignore it and believe the scans or take this Severe Threat notification seriously? Thank you; grandmother here, not very tech saavy. Teresa

T42(2), Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Threat Blocked V severe

1. Threat Blocked V severe - Similar Threads - Threat Blocked severe

2. Sever connectivity blocked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sever connectivity blocked.: When i go to xbox networking my NAT Type is open. But my server connectivity is blocked. I have checked my services and everything is using the startup type that it should be using. I Pretty much tried everything that i could find google or reddit. But nothing seemed to work....
  3. Sever connectivity blocked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sever connectivity blocked.: When i go to xbox networking my NAT Type is open. But my server connectivity is blocked. I have checked my services and everything is using the startup type that it should be using. I Pretty much tried everything that i could find google or reddit. But nothing seemed to work....
  4. Sever connectivity blocked.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Severe Threat removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Severe Threat removal: I did a full scan of my laptop and a Trojan was detected. I selected to have it removed and 40 minutes later it still hasn't completed the task. Is there a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/severe-threat-removal/46aed1f3-cb71-4da2-8281-c85d177ed140
  6. Severe Threat removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Severe Threat removal: I did a full scan of my laptop and a Trojan was detected. I selected to have it removed and 40 minutes later it still hasn't completed the task. Is there a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/severe-threat-removal/46aed1f3-cb71-4da2-8281-c85d177ed140
  7. MSE Detecting MpSigStub.exe As 'Severe' Threat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSE Detecting MpSigStub.exe As 'Severe' Threat: Today doing my usual weekly essential software updates I was surprised on my other PC which uses MSE to get a pop-up message soon after boot. The MSE tray icon went red and reported a 'Severe' rated threat that required action including a full system scan to clean up the...
  8. severe threat detected

severe threat detected: I'm getting a severe virus threat that continually is trying to load. Defender cleaned most of them except this one: [ATTACH]What should I do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/severe-threat-detected/c98323e0-f01b-4a61-ba62-6a6c9aa3cf48"
  9. Blocked Threat?

Blocked Threat?: Windows 10 secyrity has been notifying me of the following blocked threat once a day for the past few days: TrojanDownloader:JS/Vdehu.A It says the following file is affected: file: C:\Users\billm\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\8Q5WLG5V\afr[1].htm This...
  10. severe threat is windows defender?! What?!

severe threat is windows defender?! What?!: I dont get it is this false positive? [img] 60008