Windows 10: Threat Definition version Last Update time stamp is wrong

Discus and support Threat Definition version Last Update time stamp is wrong in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I often manually update threat definitions. I recently noticed that after checking for updates, the "Last Update: " field shows the correct... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Vid Vak, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Vid Vak Win User

Threat Definition version Last Update time stamp is wrong

Hello. I often manually update threat definitions. I recently noticed that after checking for updates, the "Last Update: " field shows the correct date, but the time is off 6 hours. I recently got the Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 OS Build 17763.379 as part of an update. I'm not sure it's related, but never noticed the time being off 6 hours prior to the update. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks in advance for your help!

:)

Vid Vak, Mar 21, 2019

2. Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update?

Normally by this time of day I've had one or two definitions updates. None since last night late:

Threat Definition version Last Update time stamp is wrong [​IMG]

Anyone got a later version this morning?

Wiley Coyote, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Wrong time stamp on received text message

Hello....

No joy.

I set my current time zone to be GMT with 0h for daylight savings. Obviously, the clock will be wrong along with the time stamp of sent msgs. Received msgs have a time stamp of -4h...

It's as if the time stamp of received msgs doesnt latch onto the current time, and it just blindly subtracts 4h from the current time.

Should I upgrade the firmware if it exists?

__lebleuet__, Mar 21, 2019
  4. SongeCake Win User

Wrong time stamp on received text message

I know this this thread is a few months old and there are quite a few other similar ones on the net, so I want to add this in case it helps anyone. It is relevant to many newer Nokia phones, including the Nokia X6.

To sort out the time-stamp issue (it seems obvious at first but the last bit is really crucial):

Select the 'Clock' > Options > Settings > Time Zone and change it to your local zone. This will render the message that as a consequence automatic time update will be switched off. Click to accept and continue.

Note that the phone's clock will have changed from what was previously the correct time for your location to something representing the correct time plus the erroneous time difference on your email time-stamps. Change the phone's 'Time' setting back to
    the correct time for your location.

Then change the 'Time Zone' back to 'Local Time'. You will be asked if you are travelling - state 'No', so that the phone understands you are correcting an error not just moving zones physically.

Go into 'Automatic Time Update' and switch it back on.

The issue seems to have been that the 'local time' was set to GMT -5 by default. The last two steps above redefine local time from the GMT -5 default to your own time-zone, and allow automatic time updates to be retained with the correct settings.

In short, it appears that 'Local Time' is not just another option to selecting a specific time-zone, but a variable containing one of the listed zones (which can be redefined as above) that allows automatic updates to said zone.

Once all done, try sending an email. If you have followed the above exactly, the time-stamp on it should be correct.

Good luck Threat Definition version Last Update time stamp is wrong :)

SongeCake, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Threat Definition version Last Update time stamp is wrong - Similar Threads - Threat Definition version

2. wrong time zone after the last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    wrong time zone after the last update: Since the last update, my time zone has changed and I can't figure out how to change the default back to the correct time zone. This is affecting when I send out invitations--the time is always wrong! Is there a patch to correct this?...
  3. How to Enable or Disable NTFS Last Access Time Stamp Updates

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable NTFS Last Access Time Stamp Updates: [ATTACH]When you use a computer, you want it to perform as well as it […] This article How to Enable or Disable NTFS Last Access Time Stamp Updates first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. About time stamps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About time stamps: KB4550945 HotFix fixes a bug with the time stamp. Does KB4552152 or KB4556799 fix the time stamp issue? I'd like to confirm with the Log, but the new patch KB4556799 has begun to be applied, and KB4550945 is no longer displayed....
  5. Time and Date Time Stamp Wrong - Uploading Photos on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Time and Date Time Stamp Wrong - Uploading Photos on Windows 10: Hello, I have been trying to upload photos from my iPhone to my windows 10 laptop. However, when the photos are uploaded to my PC, they are displaying the date of upload rather than the date the photo/video was taken. I even tried to go in to each individual photo and edit...
  6. Threat Definition Updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threat Definition Updates: Manually checking for updates does not complete. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threat-definition-updates/4fc4be50-19a4-4403-89d4-6a1a25c03ad1"
  7. Windows Security last update time wrong

Windows Security last update time wrong: Hello. Windows 10 (1809 17763.316) Windows Security's Last Update time is shown as the GMT + my time zone time difference, which is 8 hours, thus the time shown is always 8 hours plus. Reliability Monitor shows times correctly. Has been like this for at least 2 months. 128077
  8. Date/Time Stamp

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date/Time Stamp: How to add the current date and time on any Windows 10 document and program (that allows entering data), i.e., stamping the current date and time into whatever program I am using. Thank you....
  9. Enable or Disable NTFS Last Access Time Stamp Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable NTFS Last Access Time Stamp Updates in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable NTFS Last Access Time Stamp Updates in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable NTFS Last Access Time Stamp Updates in Windows 10 The Last Access Time stamp displays an updated time each file and folder on a NTFS volume was last accessed. In the...
  10. Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update?

Windows Defender Threat Definitions Update?: Normally by this time of day I've had one or two definitions updates. None since last night late: [img] Anyone got a later version this morning? 86263

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows virus and threat updates incorrect time

2. windows update has wrong date threat definition

3. latest threat definition version

4. onenote 2016 faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll version: 10.0.17763.404 time stamp: 0x93e4fbe5