Windows 10: Threat detected: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Discus and support Threat detected: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good evening. Today I did a scan with Microsoft Security Scanner and it found this virus and removed it. Threat detected:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by the capitan, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Threat detected: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Good evening.

Today I did a scan with Microsoft Security Scanner and it found this virus and removed it.

Threat detected: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

regkeyvalue://hklm\software\microsoft\windows defender\\DisableAntiSpyware

SigSeq: 0x0000055555C57273

Then I've done another scan with microsoft safety scanner, another with malwarebytes and another with kaspersky.

They haven't found anything.

I read here the description of the virus and it seems a false positive, linked with windows defender :

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?Name=VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore&ThreatID=2147741622

If someone has experience with this threat can confirm that is a false positive or a real virus ?

And if it's a real virus, or I have to do something else ?

:)

the capitan, Sep 8, 2020
  2. ChNew Win User

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender

Looks like Microsoft has updated the entry on their security site - this is a catch to reconfigure real-time detection if it has been disabled. Below is what is listed on MS's site now:

Summary

This detection is for suboptimal configurations that may prevent Windows Defender Antivirus from functioning properly.

If you see this detection, a suboptimal configuration was detected, and Windows Defender Antivirus will auto-heal by automatically resetting to more secure configurations.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wds.../DefenderTamperingRestore&ThreatID=2147741622

ChNew, Sep 8, 2020
  3. JasonS_CCS, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Threat detected: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Threat detection Options confusion

Hello,

I had a virus on my PC and windows defender quarantined it.

But I clicked on the “Action” button and has three options: Removes , Restore , and Allow

I clicked on Remove, but the threat status changed to: “threat removed or restored “

Which is confusing.

I then clicked again on the “Action” button and only 1 option appeared which is “ Allowed” I mistakenly Clicked on. But then I removed it from the “ allow history “

So my question:

• does allowing a “ removed or restored” threat means releasing it again in the PC or it means only allowing the future similar threat?
    Because I run a scan after i removed it from allow history and nothing is detected.

I’m very confused. I would appreciate help.

My threat was : worm win32/bundpil. “Two letter “

Naheel sami, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Threat detected: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

1. Threat detected: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore - Similar Threads - Threat detected VirTool

2. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue: I am having an issue with my laptop. It is as if it is in a deepfreeze type state. When I install new software and restart, the installed software is not there after the restart. I have tried various anti-virus tools but as soon as I download them and install or run, they...
  3. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue: I am having an issue with my laptop. It is as if it is in a deepfreeze type state. When I install new software and restart, the installed software is not there after the restart. I have tried various anti-virus tools but as soon as I download them and install or run, they...
  4. VirTool: Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VirTool: Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore: Hi.I have a fully up-to-date HP PAVILION laptop with Windows 11 HOME.I check for updates every day with Windows Update.The PC is protected with Malwarebytes Premium updated in the malware definitions several times a day; I always keep the Windows Defender virus definitions up...
  5. VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D Issue please help remove.

VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D Issue please help remove.: Hello I have been getting this message every time I start up or restart my computer I see people getting help on this issue and would also really appreciate help as well....
  6. Virus virtool win32 exclude poc d

Virus virtool win32 exclude poc d: What is this ?????? It making my computer speed damn slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-virtool-win32-exclude-poc-d/02324526-38af-4abc-941b-4fa0bd63ba69
  7. Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A

Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A: Hi, for the past few days I've been getting notifications about VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D and VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.A. I tried to remove them in windows defender but when I restart my laptop I get notification again. I tried using Malwarebytes and Avast but they are not...
  8. VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore threat

VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore threat: my windows 10 home says that there's a severe threat and its called VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore does anyone else have this? and how do i get rid of it?...
  9. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore: Hi there. Anybody can help me with how to clean my computer from this virus: Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore Usually, when I run MSERT.exe it says that this virus was eliminated. But I have some questions: a Is it a memory-resident malware? b Is it launched in my computer...
  10. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender: Just saw this show up on our virus report on one system and one critical server. Microsoft info on it is non-existent and only 5 days old, however. Anyone else see this? Is it just a false positive from turning AV off temporarily at some point in the past? Thanks in advance!...