Windows 10: Threat Detection: Removed or Restored and Allow

Discus and support Threat Detection: Removed or Restored and Allow in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, i plugged in my usb to the pc and windowds definder detected virus so i removed it immeditly after ejecting it so roughly 3 min. then it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Naheel sami, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Threat Detection: Removed or Restored and Allow

Hello,

i plugged in my usb to the pc and windowds definder detected virus so i removed it immeditly after ejecting it so roughly 3 min.

then it says the virus is quarantined so i cliked on action and choose: remove

but the status became: remove or restored

“ i dont rember pressing restor!”

So i tried to fix it since i dont want it to be restored so i clicked on action and it says: allow “ as the only option”

i clicked on it by mistake thinking it will allow the removal.

then, i removed it from the allow history within 10 min after i figured out that what i did is worng.

i did quick scan on windows defender afterward I got that no threat is dected.

please advise me if the virus had time to steal my data or what i did is wrong or my pc is safe.

thank you

:)

Naheel sami, Jul 14, 2020
  2. gagagaON Win User

Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?

My Windows defender scan reported a threat last week. I quarantined it. After a few days, I updated my defender virus definitions, restored the threat, and ran another scan (because I wanted to find out if it was a false positive). This new scan did not
    report any threat.

However, under defender's threat history, allowed items, I see this threat listed. I do NOT want to allow the threat, just wanted to find out if the latest definitions would still reported the file as a threat. How should I do that? Thank you. I am using
    windows 10.

gagagaON, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

4. gagagaON Win User

Threat Detection: Removed or Restored and Allow

Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?

Thanks XP. My exclusion list is empty, and the only options on my threat history are "allow" and "clear history" (please see my screen shot above). How do I tell if I have whitelisted the threat please? Thanks.

gagagaON, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Threat Detection: Removed or Restored and Allow

1. Threat Detection: Removed or Restored and Allow - Similar Threads - Threat Detection Removed

2. How to remove allowed or restored threats in Windows Security?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove allowed or restored threats in Windows Security?: the windows security detected threats that i restored but now i want to remove them and there's no other actions in the protection history. how to remove them?...
  3. How to remove allowed or restored threats in Windows Security?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove allowed or restored threats in Windows Security?: the windows security detected threats that i restored but now i want to remove them and there's no other actions in the protection history. how to remove them?...
  4. Detecting threats but not removing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Detecting threats but not removing: Hello. For last couple weeks, Windows defender in my Windows 10 pc has been running constantly consuming significant CPU> 50%, Memory and power. When I ran fill scan it found 300+ threats but when i start action to remove it doesn't do anything, just keep running. When I...
  5. Threat Detection Removed or Restored

Threat Detection Removed or Restored: My Windows defender scan reported a threat and i dont know if it is deleted or not. Im not shure if i need to press allow in the Actions box. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/threat-detection-removed-or-restored/5b6b384e-3b6a-4269-8d99-df90c5e08c50
  6. Threat Detection Removed or Restored and Allow

Threat Detection Removed or Restored and Allow: My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: HackTool:BAT/AutoKMS Then from actions ı select remove it.Now it shows removed.But ı can still see it on windows defender past and its status is removed. Does it mean ı am safe now and the file that makes...
  7. Threat Detection Removed or Restored

Threat Detection Removed or Restored: My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: HackTool:BAT/AutoKMS Then from actions ı select remove it.Now it shows removed.But ı can still see it on windows defender past and its status is removed. Does it mean ı am safe now and the file that makes...
  8. Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?

Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?: My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: SoftwareBundler:Win32/Prepscram and said it was "Removed and Restored." I assume that means the threat was quarantined, then removed, then the file it affected was restored. When ı click only option to make...
  9. Threat Detection (Removed or Restored)

Threat Detection (Removed or Restored): Hey, My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore and said it was "Removed and Restored." I assume that means the threat was quarantined, then removed, then the file it affected was restored. Am I correct? This...
  10. Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?

Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?: My Windows defender scan reported a threat last week. I quarantined it. After a few days, I updated my defender virus definitions, restored the threat, and ran another scan (because I wanted to find out if it was a false positive). This new scan did not report any threat....