Windows 10: Threat Detection (Removed or Restored)

Discus and support Threat Detection (Removed or Restored) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey, My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore and said it was "Removed and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Eriksen_777, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Threat Detection (Removed or Restored)

Hey,

My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore and said it was "Removed and Restored."

I assume that means the threat was quarantined, then removed, then the file it affected was restored. Am I correct? This was made confusing by the explanation that was written afterward: "This threat or app was removed from quarantine or restored to the device." Does that mean the threat could've been removed from the quarantine and placed back into the system? Or that the threat was restored to the device? This explanation makes it sound like the virus was released back into my computer.

pls help explain

:)

Eriksen_777, Aug 12, 2019
  2. simrick Win User

PUP Threats Detected By Malwarebytes

Check your list of installed programs and remove any toolbars. Run MBAM again, including rootkit detection, and do a full scan of all your hard drives, not just a Threat scan. Then, reset your Chrome browser.

Threat Detection (Removed or Restored) [​IMG]

Threat Detection (Removed or Restored) [​IMG]

simrick, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Removed threats and restored computer

Yesterday Malwarebytes found 24 threats so I removed and restored computer to an earlier date. Today it is not running right again. What can I do?

Moonshineooo, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Threat Detection (Removed or Restored)

How do I remove quarantined threats

It does say under 'Quarantined threats' that "Quarantined threats have been isolated and prevented from running on your device. They will be periodically removed". It could just be that by now they have been automatically removed. It's a possibility as your detections were a few days ago on the 5th. My test was less than 24 hours ago so the quarantined file has not (yet) been automatically removed.

Just reassurance that it's working as designed.

Thema:

Threat Detection (Removed or Restored)

1. Threat Detection (Removed or Restored) - Similar Threads - Threat Detection Removed

2. Windows Defender is showing "detected" threats; how do I know if it removed them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is showing "detected" threats; how do I know if it removed them: My Windows Defender is providing a list of "threats detected," but I don't see any indication as to whether it has "removed" or "quarantined" them. How do I know whether I am safe?...
  3. removing threats with windows defender

removing threats with windows defender: So iv chosen what actions to perform which are to remove and made no action on the threats blocked as i dont want them to be allowed to stay. So how do i tell windows to caring out these actions? Im currently looking under Protection history...
  4. Windows Security Uninstalls itself after threat detection

Windows Security Uninstalls itself after threat detection: Hi, so I'm running windows 10 education and i was on google looking for movies. And i clicked on a link from google. Immediately my chrome goes wild. Sounds are going off, the website on the screen is blinking, my chrome window goes from half screen to full screen and...
  5. Remove Quarantined Threats History

Remove Quarantined Threats History: Why can't I remove all quarantined threats and clear all history at once in windows 10? [Original Title: Quarantined Threats] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/remove-quarantined-threats-history/4022cd4c-482f-439b-b40e-af125d0ccbfc
  6. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection: Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-detection/a5ac7da0-b8d0-4fed-9ac4-0ecc992a2059"
  7. Can't remove threat

Can't remove threat: Windows defender is unable to remve HackTool:win32,please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-protectwindows8_1/cant-remove-threat/a2cb8b34-a1ab-4b76-8e4a-6f2c8c71e9f9
  8. Restore Previous session , not detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore Previous session , not detected: Microsoft edge does not have option to restore previous session as it was reported above and it is expected to detect coming up after crash and offer to restore previous session automatically. However when I am restarting Windows while Edge is running, Edge does not detect...
  9. Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?

Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?: My Windows defender scan reported a threat last week. I quarantined it. After a few days, I updated my defender virus definitions, restored the threat, and ran another scan (because I wanted to find out if it was a false positive). This new scan did not report any threat....
  10. PUP Threats Detected By Malwarebytes

PUP Threats Detected By Malwarebytes: Is anyone getting the pup.price.ninja threats? I get the same 4 pup threats every time Malwarebytes scans. I also noticed that I get advertisement popups while running Chrome that I don't get running Firefox. I have popups turned off but these popups continue regardless what...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. threat removed or restored windows security I accidentally restored it

2. virtool:win32/defendertamperingrestore