Windows 10: Threat found that can't be removed from a non existent file

Discus and support Threat found that can't be removed from a non existent file in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Windows Defender keeps giving me this warning. Please note that the file mentioned in the path doesn't exist anymore and whenever I select... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TabitaFantetti, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Threat found that can't be removed from a non existent file

Hello,

Windows Defender keeps giving me this warning. Please note that the file mentioned in the path doesn't exist anymore and whenever I select Actions > Remove, nothing happens. It worries me that it's "active and running" and I have no idea what to do to remove it. I have performed a full scan and also used Microsoft Emergency Response Tool but nothing was found.

Threat found that can't be removed from a non existent file db27d06e-5349-4e43-9ed4-01f7df67e1ec?upload=true.png

:)

TabitaFantetti, Oct 5, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Activity Reporting error non-existent device

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that a non-existent device is showing in the activity reporting. As you have mentioned that you have removed the device from Manage device limits for all family accounts, I suggest you to try removing the device from the child account
    and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Login to
      https://login.live.com
      with the child account.
    2. Click on Devices.
    3. Click on show details for the device that is non-existing.
    4. Click on More actions.
    5. Click on Remove PC.
    6. Click on I’m ready to remove this PC and click on
      Remove.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 5, 2020
  3. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

Hello PaulPChou,

This one works. You're correct I chose removed but it just doesn't remove the threats it says working and after working the threats are still listed. I ran the safety scanner, reboot, scan in safe mode, scan in clean boot but neither of those works to remove
    the listed threats.

Just as I thought all I need is to manually delete the file where it contains the threats list just like a log file.

Thanks for providing the path where it stores the list.

Best regards,

Lelouch

lelouch.lamperouge, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Threat found that can't be removed from a non existent file

How to remove non-existent device permanently?

Hi,

The drivers for your Touchpad is still installed in your PC that's why the device keeps reappearing. You may need to uninstall Touchpad in Device Manager. But since it doesn't appear in Device Manager, we suggest checking the hidden devices. Please follow
    the troubleshooting steps shared by Vikrant Yadav on this
    link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Threat found that can't be removed from a non existent file

1. Threat found that can't be removed from a non existent file - Similar Threads - Threat found can't

2. How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer: How can I remove a non-existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer which was left after an unsuccessful formatting operation on a failing USB flash drive?The drive does not show up in Win10 Disk Management nor in any other 3rd-party Disk Partition Management...
  3. How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer: How can I remove a non-existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer which was left after an unsuccessful formatting operation on a failing USB flash drive?The drive does not show up in Win10 Disk Management nor in any other 3rd-party Disk Partition Management...
  4. How To Remove Non-Existent "Removable Drive" in Win10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Undeletable non-existent file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undeletable non-existent file?: Hi, I was creating a download manager on my laptop and while testing the app I managed to somehow make an undeletable file which cannot be deleted because "The system cannot find the file specified." even though it shows in file explorer and the command line.I have tried so...
  6. Undeletable non-existent file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undeletable non-existent file?: Hi, I was creating a download manager on my laptop and while testing the app I managed to somehow make an undeletable file which cannot be deleted because "The system cannot find the file specified." even though it shows in file explorer and the command line.I have tried so...
  7. Found Solution: How to remove non existent CD drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Found Solution: How to remove non existent CD drive in Windows 10: If you ever struggled to remove a ghost CD Drive keep appearing on your Explorer even after you tried mountvol x: /D. Just go back to your memory few days, months. Did you tried Ultraiso? PowerISO? Reinstall them, and Uninstall it. That will remove the assigned and...
  8. Defender constantly detects 2 threats in a non-existent drive and a non-existent folder in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender constantly detects 2 threats in a non-existent drive and a non-existent folder in...: My father's laptop ceased to work recently, so he connected one of his drives to my PC, and also copied over a folder of his to my G: drive. However, now things are back to normal again, and he has also deleted the folder he copied over. Days after that, Defender still...
  9. Can't uninstall program from non-existent, removed, dead drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't uninstall program from non-existent, removed, dead drive.: Trying to reinstall Epic Games Launcher. Previously installed on 2nd HD (E:) which died. Unsurprisingly I can't uninstall it because the drive doesn't exist. I have gone through several other support pages with how to try and get around this. They all point to doing it from...
  10. Can't remove threat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't remove threat: Windows defender is unable to remve HackTool:win32,please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-protectwindows8_1/cant-remove-threat/a2cb8b34-a1ab-4b76-8e4a-6f2c8c71e9f9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defender points to nonexistent file

2. windows defender shows file that foesnt exist