Windows 10: Threat service keeps crashing after latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Threat service keeps crashing after latest Windows 10 update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After the latest update, the built-in Windows 10 threat service keeps crashing and won't restart until I reboot my computer. It stays running for about... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rikerweber, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Threat service keeps crashing after latest Windows 10 update

After the latest update, the built-in Windows 10 threat service keeps crashing and won't restart until I reboot my computer. It stays running for about ten minutes or less and then crashes again. When I click the "Restart now" button under "Virus and threat protection", after waiting a while with a spinning disc, I get "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again." Same results if I try again, hence the complete reboot. I do not have a third-party anti-virus so clearly that's not a source of conflict.

~ Jason

:)

rikerweber, Apr 16, 2020
  2. kambei.7s Win User

Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service

found similar error in the 'System' log, during the restart after installing the update, is this normal for windows 10? Does everyone faced such thing? The update seems to have settled, in the status I've see 'Success', there seem to be no other errors.

The "Update Orchestrator Service" service is turned off due to an error
    The return from the operation was due to the timeout.

code 7023 source of Service Control Manager

EventData

param1 Update Orchestrator Service
    param2 %% 2147549471
    550073006F005300760063000000

Keywords 0x8080000000000000

after 20 seconds
    The C: \ Windows \ system32 \ MusNotificationUX.exe process initiated the "Restart" action for the DESKTOP computer on behalf of the user due to: Operating system: Service pack installation Scheduled

The update was installed
    KB4103727 OS Build 16299.431

Thanks.

kambei.7s, Apr 16, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Threat service keeps crashing after latest Windows 10 update

Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Threat service keeps crashing after latest Windows 10 update

1. Threat service keeps crashing after latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Threat service keeps

2. Windows 10 is crashing with CorsairVBusDriver.sys failure after latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is crashing with CorsairVBusDriver.sys failure after latest update: A new bug in a recent Windows 10 update or a driver update pushed out via Windows Update is crashing some devices with CorsairVBusDriver.sys failure. The Blue Screen of Death error message is “System Thread Exception Not Handled” and it prevents the system from booting to the...
  3. Crashes after latest Windows update?

in Browsers and Email
    Crashes after latest Windows update?: Hello, I have the problem that after the update I have some violent jerks during gambling and even freezes and bluescreens. Can anyone help me? The following appears in Event Display: Critical Kernel Power 41 Abstürze nach neuestem Windows update?
  4. Windows 10 keeps freezing after the latest update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 keeps freezing after the latest update: Windows keeps freezing and won't even let me restart unless I press off button after the latest update of windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keeps-freezing-after-the-latest-update/61929a83-7a28-4aee-9885-896163d8c110
  5. Windows 10 Crashing constantly after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Crashing constantly after latest update: Hi, i am Tarandeep Singh a windows 10 user My pc recently2-3 days ago showed me that a windows Update is available and i downloaded and installed but from then, i am constantly getting crashes with following error codes DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Video_Dxgkrnl_Fatal_Error And...
  6. Windows crashed after updating the latest update/

Windows crashed after updating the latest update/: hi im now writing this from UBUNTU running from usb drive without installing. After last night i installed latest update my pc didnt start. i tried every microosft community answers i faced online. sfc scannow and other things . NO solution / It only saves a text folder...
  7. programs crashing after latest windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    programs crashing after latest windows update: I have an HP G6 Notebook with Windows 10. I have the most current windows 10. Ever since the new update, I will be doing something and some or all of the programs say not responding, or they all just turn off and disappear. When I run troubleshooting, I go to windows store...
  8. Apps Crashing after latest Windows 10 Update

Apps Crashing after latest Windows 10 Update: Hey Guys, my Little Brother was playing Minecraft last night. After he shut the Pc down the Update was installed. This morning he tried to start it again and the Pc had a blackscreen, after trying again suddenly Chrome Tabs crashed so i tried some things: 1. I tried...
  9. winbdows 10 keeps crashing after latest update June 2019

winbdows 10 keeps crashing after latest update June 2019: Hi, I recently did a major windows 10 update, and i noticed my PC crashes and reboots every time I try to open an attachment in Outlook. Is there any recommendation or solution for this? should I roll back/uninstall the updates? This is a BIG problem, as I use...
  10. Windows 10 Keeps On Crashing After Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Keeps On Crashing After Update: So about two weeks ago I updated my PC, and about 20 - 30 minutes afterward it crashed, at first I thought this was normal then it kept on crashing to a point where I could only be on for about 10 minutes then it crashed again, what's going on?...