Windows 10: Threat

Discus and support Threat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Security settings is showing a threat named PUA: WIN32/Vigua.A I removed it many times but it shows again when i open my edge browser.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gaurav Ghankhedeede, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Threat

Windows Security settings is showing a threat named PUA: WIN32/Vigua.A

I removed it many times but it shows again when i open my edge browser.

Please fix my problem.

:)

Gaurav Ghankhedeede, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

3. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

Hello PaulPChou,

This one works. You're correct I chose removed but it just doesn't remove the threats it says working and after working the threats are still listed. I ran the safety scanner, reboot, scan in safe mode, scan in clean boot but neither of those works to remove
    the listed threats.

Just as I thought all I need is to manually delete the file where it contains the threats list just like a log file.

Thanks for providing the path where it stores the list.

Best regards,

Lelouch

lelouch.lamperouge, Jul 30, 2020
  4. graemea Win User

Threat

Persistent Threat Message in Virus & Threat Protection in Windows 10

Hi,

I have recently uninstalled CCleaner from my PC.

Under Current Threats in Virus & Threat Protection, I keep getting the message that there's a threat from AppThreat :piriform_CCleaner.

I've tried the option to Remove this but even after a re-boot the message remains.

Can someone please suggest how to resolve this?

Thanks!

graemea, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Threat

1. Threat - Similar Threads - Threat

2. lost access to Advanced threat & detection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost access to Advanced threat & detection: Hello,Following a reset of my laptop, I no longer have access to Advanced Threat & Detection on my personal laptop. I can’t perform scans or take action to remediate possible issues.After the reset, I encountered a strange issue. After the first reset, I was asked to register...
  3. lost access to Advanced threat & detection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost access to Advanced threat & detection: Hello,Following a reset of my laptop, I no longer have access to Advanced Threat & Detection on my personal laptop. I can’t perform scans or take action to remediate possible issues.After the reset, I encountered a strange issue. After the first reset, I was asked to register...
  4. virus & threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus & threat protection: My ''virus & threat protection page not available' is faulty. unusable. How to fix this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection/f334f0aa-c46b-408b-93b9-62e1eb77bf73
  5. virus & threat protection

virus & threat protection: My ''virus & threat protection page not available' is faulty. unusable. How to fix this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection/f334f0aa-c46b-408b-93b9-62e1eb77bf73
  6. Virus and threat protection not showing, security health file missing , windows security...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and threat protection not showing, security health file missing , windows security...: Virus and threat protection not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-not-showing-security/c8f82056-bf1c-4504-85f8-a326b350885b
  7. Virus and threat protection not showing, security health file missing , windows security...

Virus and threat protection not showing, security health file missing , windows security...: Virus and threat protection not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-not-showing-security/c8f82056-bf1c-4504-85f8-a326b350885b
  8. Virus and Threat Protection "Limited access by IT Admin" WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and Threat Protection "Limited access by IT Admin" WINDOWS 11: Im using microsoft surface pro 7+, no school email and no 3rd party antivirus. How can I enable windows security updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-limited-access-by-it/2685c4af-67f2-4c85-bd20-ae57b9adc181
  9. Virus and Threat Protection "Limited access by IT Admin" WINDOWS 11

Virus and Threat Protection "Limited access by IT Admin" WINDOWS 11: Im using microsoft surface pro 7+, no school email and no 3rd party antivirus. How can I enable windows security updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-limited-access-by-it/2685c4af-67f2-4c85-bd20-ae57b9adc181
  10. Can Access To Virus & Threat Protection In Windows Security.

Can Access To Virus & Threat Protection In Windows Security.: After I reset my computer and signed in with my Microsoft Account, I can no longer access Virus & Threat Protection in Windows Security. It always allows " Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried access is not available ". My...