Windows 10: Three active hard drives but files keep being added to full C Drive

Discus and support Three active hard drives but files keep being added to full C Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer really has 2 internal but one is broken. I'm using 2 external and there is one internal C. The trouble is the C Drive is the smallest but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cake5, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Cake5 Win User

Three active hard drives but files keep being added to full C Drive

My computer really has 2 internal but one is broken. I'm using 2 external and there is one internal C. The trouble is the C Drive is the smallest but programs keep trying to put files onto it hence it's full. I'm not sure what I can transfer/delete without breaking important functions.

OneDrive also keeps placing copies of cloud files onto there. Windows 10 seems to be very poorly configured for 2 hard drives even if I set everything to save onto the D hard Drive. I'm now getting regularly prompted that the C Drive is full or nearly and programs interfered with. What can I do? I have CCleaner on my computer and I install software onto the D Drive whenever possible.

Three active hard drives but files keep being added to full C Drive 1170d6a1-0449-4015-9ffe-4b476f82f2dd?upload=true.png

:)

Cake5, Jul 19, 2020
  2. JanaDyck Win User

move files from my C drive to an external hard drive.

what steps do I take to move files from my C drive to an external hard drive. My C drive is almost full.

JanaDyck, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Platibus Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Three active hard drives but files keep being added to full C Drive

C drive full

Deleted MacAfee Total Protection which I had on Windows 7 and is not compatible with Windows 10. That cleared out C Drive which is now at 50GB used space of 239GB available. Windows Defender activated when I restarted my computer. Everything seems to be working
    OK.

JohnLynett, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Three active hard drives but files keep being added to full C Drive

1. Three active hard drives but files keep being added to full C Drive - Similar Threads - Three active hard

2. Is the C/Hard Drive full or is Windows Cloud full?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the C/Hard Drive full or is Windows Cloud full?: I went to the THIS PC folder and saw that the Windows is in RED, which means I'm running out of space, but I don't understand if it means the "cloud" windows is running out of space? Because I have a desktop Windows?...
  3. Is the C/Hard Drive full or is Windows Cloud full?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the C/Hard Drive full or is Windows Cloud full?: I went to the THIS PC folder and saw that the Windows is in RED, which means I'm running out of space, but I don't understand if it means the "cloud" windows is running out of space? Because I have a desktop Windows?...
  4. C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used: My C drive is almost full 94GB used of 104GB. I keep having problems updating windows. Practically all data is stored in the cloud, so I have nothing to move.The hard disk is 1 TB., so there is plenty of space. How do I access this space? I don't have any data to speak of to...
  5. C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used

C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used: My C drive is almost full 94GB used of 104GB. I keep having problems updating windows. Practically all data is stored in the cloud, so I have nothing to move.The hard disk is 1 TB., so there is plenty of space. How do I access this space? I don't have any data to speak of to...
  6. C drive is full

C drive is full: Hi,My windows 2008 server C drive is getting full every few days at 'temp' folder.beside empty this folder, is there anything i can do to prevent 'temp' folder getting full ?Best Regards,Giyora...
  7. My laptop c drive keeps being full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop c drive keeps being full: My laptop c drive keeps being full but i have nothing installed on it. I bought an external sd card so i wouldn’t have to download anything onto the c drive but its still being filled for some reason. This is causing my computer to be very slow and nothing i do will reduce...
  8. My laptop c drive keeps being full

My laptop c drive keeps being full: My laptop c drive keeps being full but i have nothing installed on it. I bought an external sd card so i wouldn’t have to download anything onto the c drive but its still being filled for some reason. This is causing my computer to be very slow and nothing i do will reduce...
  9. Adding to C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding to C drive: I have been trying to add my new ssd onto my C drive for the past 3 days now but all the of the unlocated storage goes to disk 0 while the c drive is in disk 1. Is there a way to make the unlocated storage got to the other disk. Both storage devices are SSD...
  10. C- Drive full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C- Drive full: I bought a Dell Inspirion last May.. My C Drive has become full in about a year without me downloading anything new. I have done disk clean up, empty recycle bin etc. but still no luck. What should I do?...