Windows 10: Three Billion Visitors to Windows Store

Discus and support Three Billion Visitors to Windows Store in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Three Billion Visitors to Windows Store Whatever the fuss over apps for Windows 10, users are still coming to the Windows Store. Microsoft’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by hTconeM9user, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Three Billion Visitors to Windows Store

Three Billion Visitors to Windows Store

Whatever the fuss over apps for Windows 10, users are still coming to the Windows Store.

Microsoft’s latest trends report for developers about all things app celebrates the three billionth visits. That’s from the base of 200 million or so Windows 10 devices now out there.

To read more
    Source
    Three Billion Visitors to Windows Store - Windows 10 News and Updates

:)

hTconeM9user, Feb 4, 2016

2. Will Windows 10 be avaible midnight 29 of july ?

Here is a link form ZDNet: Microsoft: Windows 10 will be on 1 billion devices in two to three years | ZDNet,
    The 1 billion computers is what Microsoft hopes will happen in like two or three years. It wont happen on the 29th of July. Other news organizations also published the same information just do a search for "Microsoft 1 billion devices" and a lot of news
    stories come up about it.

TonyPalermo, Feb 4, 2016
  3. Free upgrade to Windows 10

Nope.once you upgrade,windows 10 would be free for you for the lifetime of the device.MS aims 1 billion devices running windows 10 by next three years

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 4, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

The store was is also available in 8/8.1.

BunnyJ, Feb 4, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    +1 +1 +1

And the "implied" notion that Windows Store is the "Attraction" of Windows 10 is ludicrous, at best.
    Worthless article.

davidhk, Feb 4, 2016
  6. But the way it is reading that is windows 10 store only.
    So how many more would it be if 8, 8.1 was included

7. davidhk Win User
    ..........But the way it is reading that is windows 10 store only.

There is no such thing as "Windows 10 store". Just Windows Store.

.........So how many more would it be if 8, 8.1 was included

Who cares. people use Windows 10 NOT because of Windows Store.

davidhk, Feb 4, 2016
  8. DMGrier Win User

The Windows store I think will grow in popularity as mobile increases. The Surface sales are continuing to grow this will help and I am seeing a few more tablet like PC's coming from the vendor's which will help. I will say that if this is 3 Billion people since the launch of the Windows Store then this is not a good number as I am willing to bet Android and iOS do that in a year.

A good number however we need to be happy about is that paid transactions have raised 4.5x since Windows 10, in the end you can have less users coming to your store but if your store is profitable then developers will come.

Unfortunate though is that I currently use my Win10 device still as a PC with only using x86 applications, if they can get Windows Mobile back on track I can become apart of that number.

DMGrier, Feb 4, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Windows store is the same for 8/8.1 and 10.

BunnyJ, Feb 4, 2016
  10. Some people might be interested even if you are not
    Look at post by DMGrier
    Also others could be and I certainly am.

11. Unless I missed it in the article, how many of these downloads are by choice

ie, the top category for downloads is Navigation and Maps, a far bit of this I assume is auto downloads/updates to the built in Maps app, what is the split for this against those that chose other apps in this category

Store is used to update apps, so unless we see a figure for downloads by choice over downloads of system installed (and updated) apps it is a bit meaningless for me

paulsalter, Feb 4, 2016
  12. I have that on my phone only
    Which works on here when I pair it with Blue tooth,
    So it is nice to have both

13. Three Billion Visitors to Windows Store

But the app used by Windows 10 is different then the app used by WIndows 8/8.1 users. Thats the difference. If you go to the store with Windows 8.1 you don't see Windows 10 apps. MS is pushing the store more with Windows 10.

orlbuckeye, Feb 4, 2016
  14. Thank you at last some one understands why it was posted in the first place

Also it is not a useless subject matter as one poster has put it.

Also if Microsoft had of thought it was not of interest they I am sure would not of gone to the bother of posting it at all so it could be found and put up for everyone to see

15. TheZeeMan Win User
    If you look at it from the marketing side, they more than likely announced this because 3 billion is a big number. Considering developers do not care and see no value about making apps for windows devices, this may have them think otherwise. Even by just going to the store to update your apps, this still includes the main "front" that has some apps and advertisements on it. As of late, the apps they have been advertising, some have sparked my interest and I download them to check them out. Otherwise, I would never download anything unless it was something I was specifically looking for.

Now bring in UWP and the iOS bridge capabilities, devs may start considering getting 3 billion hits for a day of their time...that's my 2 cents anyway Three Billion Visitors to Windows Store :p

TheZeeMan, Feb 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Three Billion Visitors to Windows Store - Similar Threads - Three Billion Visitors

2. visitor screen apps

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    visitor screen apps: How do i assign apps to my visitor screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visitor-screen-apps/5cd4dca9-752c-4e64-ac04-dd458b1a6ceb
  3. The visitor for icsolutions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The visitor for icsolutions: I have downloaded the app and installed the visitor but my video is green and has some serious lag. How do I fix? I am running windowsn10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-visitor-for-icsolutions/20656aae-6f13-482a-bca1-fbe4f6f1fbe0
  4. Billions upon billions of OpenWith.exe processes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Billions upon billions of OpenWith.exe processes...: OK, not really billions, but probably like 100+ "OpenWith.exe" processes keep popping up over time. This has been happening since I built my new machine. I don't recall this happening with my previous build and I am at a loss as to why this is happening at all. I've scanned...
  5. NVIDIA to acquire Arm for $40 billion

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA to acquire Arm for $40 billion: [ATTACH] Unites NVIDIA’s leadership in artificial intelligence with Arm’s vast computing ecosystem to drive innovation for all customers NVIDIA will expand Arm’s R&D presence in Cambridge, UK, by establishing a world-class AI research...
  6. Developing for all 1 billion Windows 10 devices and beyond

in Windows 10 News
    Developing for all 1 billion Windows 10 devices and beyond: This year, Microsoft Build 2020 is a digital-only event that we all get to experience from the comfort of our homes. We hope you enjoy learning about the new features and technologies that matter most to you. Today, I will have the privilege of sharing how developers can...
  7. The three dot option absent in store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The three dot option absent in store: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ashuraaz23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eul335/the_three_dot_option_absent_in_store/
  8. Facebook Designing Security for Billions

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Designing Security for Billions: [ATTACH] By Collin Greene, Manager of Product Security Billions of people use Facebook to connect with the people who matter to them. We have a responsibility to build secure services that help keep people safe. At Facebook we take what’s called a “defense-in-depth”...
  9. Surface blossoms into a billion dollar business for M$

in Windows 10 News
    Surface blossoms into a billion dollar business for M$: Microsoft announced its earnings today and for the first times since going on-sale, the Surface line of devices is officially a billion dollar channel for the company. Microsoft classifies its billion dollar organizations by a business channel that generate one billion...
  10. Windows 10: Preparing to Upgrade One Billion Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Preparing to Upgrade One Billion Devices: Updated July 2, 2015 6:07 am - With around four weeks to go before Windows 10 becomes available, I thought it would be helpful to provide some context on how we will roll-out Windows 10 to the world. We’ve been really pleased with the strong response to Windows 10 since we...