Windows 10: Three Billion Visitors to Windows Store

Discus and support Three Billion Visitors to Windows Store in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; not sure 3billion is big number or not, but really is the article even interesting ? it even didnt give any information period 3billion accumulated,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by hTconeM9user, Feb 4, 2016.

1. slyphnier Win User

Three Billion Visitors to Windows Store

not sure 3billion is big number or not, but really is the article even interesting ?
    it even didnt give any information period 3billion accumulated, and i bet mostly come from win10-phone rather desktop

now, people that own android smartphone or iphone, who dont visit playstore or itunes store often ?
    if playstore or itunes store share their visitor number, i think that 3billion things is nothing special

slyphnier, Feb 4, 2016
  2. Winuser Win User

IMHO this was worth posting. It shows how successful the Windows store is. Why do I Care? The more successful Windows store is the better the chance of getting more and better apps.

Winuser, Feb 4, 2016
  3. gator2013 Win User
    gator2013, Feb 5, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 5, 2016
  5. DMGrier Win User
    Well I know I am excited for Windows Phone 10 to come to my Lumia 640 and I think that will boost some numbers.

My only complaint for now is do anyone know of Windows Phone is going to ever introduce encryption on there device? They are currently the only one that I know of who does not offer this feature unless you turn it on from exchange.

DMGrier, Feb 5, 2016
  6. zooburner Win User
    This is bound to be good news to Microsoft and may attract more app makers to the store. I guess the real question is 'how does it compare to Google Play or Apple store'' visitors who are not buying apps don't make anyone money.

I've visited store a few times but just can't find anything I would consider even spending a few £ on mainly perhaps because I normally log in with a local account instead of a Microsoft one. Good luck to Microsoft though , I hope they can attract big name Apps.

zooburner, Feb 5, 2016
  7. MUZZIES Win User
    +1 That's correct

MUZZIES, Feb 7, 2016
  8. DMGrier Win User

One area which I feel is crucial for Microsoft is how they have there developers make money in the app store...

I got my wife an IPad for Valentines day and the one thing I noticed about the app store on iOS was the amount of premium apps for purchase that honestly provides a much better user experience then the sea of freemium apps on Android. That is more of what I would like to see out of the Windows Store are quality apps to buy and not deal with annoying pop ups or energy points that goes down throughout the game that requires a day to recharge or pay money. Sell me the app for $.099 to $9.99 and get me to spend more money through DLC or a new version of the app.

As I said before number of people is irrelevant, the amount of money spent per person is key to bringing in new developers, new developers means more apps, more apps means more people become interested in the platform and therefore you then have success.

DMGrier, Feb 14, 2016
  9. TheZeeMan Win User
    I have to say I believe this is true. Ubisoft just stated that xbox people spend 25% more on their games, which is pretty much why they have the partnerships in place. I think in general MS people spend more on everything whether its windows, consoles, bands, phones, etc.

TheZeeMan, Feb 14, 2016
  10. WHS
    whs Win User
    I don't know what these numbers tell me. For me they are just numbers.

11. Winuser Win User
    I only use a few apps from the store. All of them are free. I haven't found any apps worth buying.

Winuser, Feb 14, 2016
  12. dburne Win User
    I upgraded to Windows 10 back around the end of Dec, and must admit I have yet to go to the Store...

dburne, Feb 15, 2016
  13. BunnyJ New Member

The only things I use from the store are a few Mahjong games and Netflix.

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Three Billion Visitors to Windows Store - Similar Threads - Three Billion Visitors

2. visitor screen apps

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    visitor screen apps: How do i assign apps to my visitor screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visitor-screen-apps/5cd4dca9-752c-4e64-ac04-dd458b1a6ceb
  3. The visitor for icsolutions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The visitor for icsolutions: I have downloaded the app and installed the visitor but my video is green and has some serious lag. How do I fix? I am running windowsn10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-visitor-for-icsolutions/20656aae-6f13-482a-bca1-fbe4f6f1fbe0
  4. Billions upon billions of OpenWith.exe processes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Billions upon billions of OpenWith.exe processes...: OK, not really billions, but probably like 100+ "OpenWith.exe" processes keep popping up over time. This has been happening since I built my new machine. I don't recall this happening with my previous build and I am at a loss as to why this is happening at all. I've scanned...
  5. NVIDIA to acquire Arm for $40 billion

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA to acquire Arm for $40 billion: [ATTACH] Unites NVIDIA’s leadership in artificial intelligence with Arm’s vast computing ecosystem to drive innovation for all customers NVIDIA will expand Arm’s R&D presence in Cambridge, UK, by establishing a world-class AI research...
  6. Developing for all 1 billion Windows 10 devices and beyond

in Windows 10 News
    Developing for all 1 billion Windows 10 devices and beyond: This year, Microsoft Build 2020 is a digital-only event that we all get to experience from the comfort of our homes. We hope you enjoy learning about the new features and technologies that matter most to you. Today, I will have the privilege of sharing how developers can...
  7. The three dot option absent in store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The three dot option absent in store: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ashuraaz23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eul335/the_three_dot_option_absent_in_store/
  8. Facebook Designing Security for Billions

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Designing Security for Billions: [ATTACH] By Collin Greene, Manager of Product Security Billions of people use Facebook to connect with the people who matter to them. We have a responsibility to build secure services that help keep people safe. At Facebook we take what’s called a “defense-in-depth”...
  9. Surface blossoms into a billion dollar business for M$

in Windows 10 News
    Surface blossoms into a billion dollar business for M$: Microsoft announced its earnings today and for the first times since going on-sale, the Surface line of devices is officially a billion dollar channel for the company. Microsoft classifies its billion dollar organizations by a business channel that generate one billion...
  10. Windows 10: Preparing to Upgrade One Billion Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Preparing to Upgrade One Billion Devices: Updated July 2, 2015 6:07 am - With around four weeks to go before Windows 10 becomes available, I thought it would be helpful to provide some context on how we will roll-out Windows 10 to the world. We’ve been really pleased with the strong response to Windows 10 since we...