Windows 10: Three CD Drives

Discus and support Three CD Drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Before I begin, this is my first post here, so if I chose the categories wrong, I would ask you kindly to help me choose the correct ones.Hello, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BoghiciDaniel, May 6, 2021.

1. Three CD Drives

Before I begin, this is my first post here, so if I chose the categories wrong, I would ask you kindly to help me choose the correct ones.Hello, I recently wanted to know why I don't have a D: drive, only the C: one, because it has been like this since I have my laptop, which is way over 4 years, and I realised that I have three CD Drives, out of which one CD drive has that letter. But when I want to assign it another one using Disk Management, there is only one drive, which has the letter "E:". About the CD Drives, when I right click and select eject, it gives me an error message. Only "

:)

BoghiciDaniel, May 6, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, May 6, 2021
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 6, 2021
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Three CD Drives

CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Three CD Drives

1. Three CD Drives - Similar Threads - Three Drives

2. I need to get data off a 3.5 inch floppy. I've ordered three different drives. They show in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to get data off a 3.5 inch floppy. I've ordered three different drives. They show in...: I need to get data off a 3.5 inch floppy. I've ordered three different drives. They show in Bios but not in File Manager. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-get-data-off-a-35-inch-floppy-ive/f4e3cdf6-54c1-4339-a702-fba39cdd7959
  3. I need to get data off a 3.5 inch floppy. I've ordered three different drives. They show in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to get data off a 3.5 inch floppy. I've ordered three different drives. They show in...: I need to get data off a 3.5 inch floppy. I've ordered three different drives. They show in Bios but not in File Manager. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-get-data-off-a-35-inch-floppy-ive/f4e3cdf6-54c1-4339-a702-fba39cdd7959
  4. I need to get data off a 3.5 inch floppy. I've ordered three different drives. They show in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Preview Pane Image Size Locked on One of Three Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview Pane Image Size Locked on One of Three Drives: The preview pane images from my M: drive are smaller than my C: or E: drive - any ideas how to fix?C: and E: both resize the preview image as the pane is resized, but M: preview image starts small and disappears altogether if preview pane is resized smallerBoth views below...
  6. Preview Pane Image Size Locked on One of Three Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preview Pane Image Size Locked on One of Three Drives: The preview pane images from my M: drive are smaller than my C: or E: drive - any ideas how to fix?C: and E: both resize the preview image as the pane is resized, but M: preview image starts small and disappears altogether if preview pane is resized smallerBoth views below...
  7. Preview Pane Image Size Locked on One of Three Drives

8. 1. PC not detecting my USB connected external hard drive. 2 Three audio devices not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1. PC not detecting my USB connected external hard drive. 2 Three audio devices not working...: 1. My Buffalo HD LXU 3 external hard drive is powered on and connected to my PC but showing a red light. The PC is no linger detecting it. 2, I have the following three audio devices which are not working with my PC: Bose Companion 20 wired speakers Wired headphones with...
  9. 1. PC not detecting my USB connected external hard drive. 2 Three audio devices not working...

1. PC not detecting my USB connected external hard drive. 2 Three audio devices not working...: 1. My Buffalo HD LXU 3 external hard drive is powered on and connected to my PC but showing a red light. The PC is no linger detecting it. 2, I have the following three audio devices which are not working with my PC: Bose Companion 20 wired speakers Wired headphones with...
  10. After trying to initialize secure boot on my system, two of my three hard drives...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After trying to initialize secure boot on my system, two of my three hard drives...: Hello.As stated above, i followed the steps to turn on TPM 2.0 and activate secure boot on my windows 11 copy.However, as soon as I did, my secondary SSD drive and my tertiary WD drive dissapeared from the system, i cant even access them from BIOS.whenever i try to use the...