Windows 10: Three Computers But Only One Printer: Switching Between Question ?

Discus and support Three Computers But Only One Printer: Switching Between Question ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Would appreciate any thoughts on this, please: Have an iMac, and two additional W10 PC's in study. But, only 1 Printer. Presently have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Robert11, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Robert11 Win User

Three Computers But Only One Printer: Switching Between Question ?

Hi,

Would appreciate any thoughts on this, please:

Have an iMac, and two additional W10 PC's in study.
    But, only 1 Printer.

Presently have a mechanical push-button switch box to select which
    one is to do the printing.

Push-Buttons very flaky and un-relaible.
    Also, the 3 input connectors are not a USB; it's some kind of square-isa geometry, which are very, very, wobbly
    and un reliable.

Question: If I get one of those Powered (or un-powered ?) USB Hubs, would
    this enable me to switch the three computers to the single Printer ?

What happens if all of their (3 or 4) pushbuttons are always selected to On ?

Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks, stay safe,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Sep 14, 2020

2. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Computer to printer

Hi Jo,

There are various factors why printer was not working properly. It can be due to outdated drivers or wrong configuration settings. For us to isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check and follow the steps in this
    article
    . It will let you choose if it's Troubleshooting or Advanced. Once you choose Troubleshooting it will provide you steps to update your driver then download and run the troubleshooter. If you choose Advanced, it will provide you steps to clear spooler
    files and restart spooler service.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Fabler2 Win User

If it's a wireless printer just connect it to your wi-fi. Then your Windows machines can then 'see' it to connect to.

Three Computers But Only One Printer: Switching Between Question ? [​IMG]

With iPhones etc they just pick it up and print from it. Most probably iOS will also have an App available for the printer. Don't know about iMacs, though, too expensive for me *Smile

Fabler2, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Three Computers But Only One Printer: Switching Between Question ? - Similar Threads - Three Computers Printer

2. How do I unsync only ONE of three computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unsync only ONE of three computers?: I have three computers on our MSN account and have had them synced. Now, one computer is going to a family member to use. I do not want him to have to put up with all the Favorites I save, nor do I want his. However -- and here is the glitch -- I do want my other two...
  3. How do I unsync only ONE of three computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unsync only ONE of three computers?: I have three computers on our MSN account and have had them synced. Now, one computer is going to a family member to use. I do not want him to have to put up with all the Favorites I save, nor do I want his. However -- and here is the glitch -- I do want my other two...
  4. Files sharing between three computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files sharing between three computers: I have two PCs named PC3 and PC4 and recently added a laptop named HPStream. PC3 can access shared folders on PC4 and HPstream. PC4 can access shared folders on PC3 and HPstream. HPStream can access shared folders on PC4 but not on PC3 — HPStream sees the shared folders on...
  5. Three questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Three questions: 1. I use Firefox but have installed Chrome too. In the advance setting, there are two provisions a Restore security to the original defaults. b Clean up the computer. My question is why Google controls Windows? 2. I have a Yahoo mail account. It is operated by me and...
  6. Three Computers But Only One Printer: Switching Between Question ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Three Computers But Only One Printer: Switching Between Question ?: Hi, Would appreciate any thoughts on this, please: Have an iMac, and two additional W10 PC's in study. But, only 1 Printer. Presently have a mechanical push-button switch box to select which one is to do the printing. Push-Buttons very flaky and un-relaible. Also, the...
  7. Need help switching between three monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help switching between three monitors: I have my computer connected to three screens. Two 1080p monitors and a 4k TV. I want to use the two monitors for regular use, but switch over to displaying on the TV for media consumption. Also, one of the two monitors I'm using is oriented vertically. My monitors are as...
  8. Switching between three languages with macros

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between three languages with macros: Hello, guys! On my computer I use mainly my native language (Bulgarian) and English and I switch between them constantly. I started learning Japanese last year and there are instances where I need to use Japanese keyboard. My question is - is there any setting or a third...
  9. Transferring two licences between three computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring two licences between three computers: I have two windows 10 licences, one used on computer that doesn't work anymore and another on lap top in use. I'm buying a new computer and I would like to move licence I have on lap top, as it's pro version, to new computer and put licence from not working computer to lap...
  10. Printer switch to One Note

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer switch to One Note: Hi, My printer is set to be default and yet whenever I choose to print, it always print to One Note. Please advise how to fix this for good. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-switch-to-one-note/f71b7037-ae06-4890-99cf-811e49ccdf4e