Windows 10: Three Finger Touchpad Function

Discus and support Three Finger Touchpad Function in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've just downloaded windows 10. Before this download, when I used the 3 finger function it would only show 1 app for the internet browser I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gareth Hegarty, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Three Finger Touchpad Function

Hello,

I've just downloaded windows 10. Before this download, when I used the 3 finger function it would only show 1 app for the internet browser I was using, regardless of how many tabs I had opened. Now, when I use the function it displays all of the tabs I have opened and this just seems to complicate things as I always have lots of tabs opened. I'm wondering if there is anyway to go back to only seeing 1 internet tab in this function, rather than all of the tabs I have opened. Any feedback or help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Gareth.

:)

Gareth Hegarty, Mar 24, 2021

2. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15z/drivers

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Mar 24, 2021
  3. geoffers Win User
    SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

OK - sorted it finally :
    • in step one/two above you delete the existing Synaptics drivers then have to reboot
    • unfortunately when the PC restarts it installs some generic touchpad drivers which have the basic functionality
    • So although step4 (run setup) appears to work, it hasn't actually done anything as the generic drivers are already there
    So what you have to do is this...

• In device manager, select the mouse device and click update drivers.
    • Then select Browse My Computer > Let me pick from a list > Have disk button, and select the folder with the new Synaptics drivers (I'm running 32-bit windows so selected ..\WinWDF\x86).
    • The green progress bar shows the drivers are loading, then when it's all done you now have the new functionality installed - RESULT!!!
    • Three Finger Touchpad Function [​IMG]

geoffers, Mar 24, 2021
  4. nxavis9 Win User

Three Finger Touchpad Function

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Three Finger Touchpad Function

1. Three Finger Touchpad Function - Similar Threads - Three Finger Touchpad

2. Touchpad gestures light two finger scroll and three finger multi view are not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad gestures light two finger scroll and three finger multi view are not registering: Hello everyone, I'm brand new to the community but I'm in it student who works in the field so I feel that I may have a lot to offer but in this specific case I've just about gone through all common troubleshooting techniques and none have worked. The specific issue I'm...
  3. Touchpad gestures light two finger scroll and three finger multi view are not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad gestures light two finger scroll and three finger multi view are not registering: Hello everyone, I'm brand new to the community but I'm in it student who works in the field so I feel that I may have a lot to offer but in this specific case I've just about gone through all common troubleshooting techniques and none have worked. The specific issue I'm...
  4. Touchpad gestures light two finger scroll and three finger multi view are not registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchpad requires an extra finger to function?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad requires an extra finger to function?: So for some reason after my cat tried walking across my laptop a few times I noticed all of a sudden my touchpad was working differently.I tried to move the mouse with one finger and it stayed where it was, then went back to reset the mouse settings only to find that now I...
  6. Touchpad requires an extra finger to function?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad requires an extra finger to function?: So for some reason after my cat tried walking across my laptop a few times I noticed all of a sudden my touchpad was working differently.I tried to move the mouse with one finger and it stayed where it was, then went back to reset the mouse settings only to find that now I...
  7. Three finger swipe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Three finger swipe: Formerly, I could switch between two open windows using a simple three finger swipe in Windows 10. But for a quiet while, not sure whether it happened after some update or something, I can't use this method now. Is this my problem alone, or Windows has permanently disabled...
  8. Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad

Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad: Hi guys, I need a bit of help with finding settings for Laptop's gestures. The problem is the three-finger-touch gesture. I want to disable it because many times the search bar pops up and doesn't go back no matter what. I've to repeatedly log off to remove it from the...
  9. Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.

Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.: Hello friends suddenly my three finger swipe up changes from 'Change Audio Volume' to ' Switch desktop and Show desktop' . I have tried to change in 'Touchpad settings' I have also tried to change from registry this values. ActionID1 = 5c ActionID3 = 5f ActionID5 =...
  10. Two or three fingers touchpad does not work now

Two or three fingers touchpad does not work now: I have been operating my touchpad with 2-3-4 fingers but I guess after an update it doesn't work. Where to fix this problem or enable my touchpad for this operation?...