Windows 10: Three monitors, one extended, one duplicated. Possible?

Discus and support Three monitors, one extended, one duplicated. Possible? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to have a dual monitor setup, and duplicate my main monitor to a third monitor at the same time. Is this possible? How do i do it? I have 2 hdmi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chrizzo006, May 24, 2020.

1. Three monitors, one extended, one duplicated. Possible?

I want to have a dual monitor setup, and duplicate my main monitor to a third monitor at the same time. Is this possible? How do i do it? I have 2 hdmi and 2 display ports. So i have enough exports.

I just need to know if its possible software wise.

submitted by /u/Chrizzo006
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chrizzo006, May 24, 2020

2. Problems while extending and duplicating on my second monitor

Hi there!

So I wanted to get a dual monitor for my laptop so I found a monitor at home. Its an NEC LCD monitor which takes a VGA cable for input. So I got a HDMI to VGA adapter, plugged it into my Laptop (Asus X510UAR) and it worked flawlessly. All the projection modes such as PC only, Duplicate, Extend and Second Screen.

But when i wend to adjust the resolution for the second monitor in the display setting, idk what i pressed accidentally, but now my second monitor shows a black screen during Duplicate mode and while extending to the dual monitors, the mouse cursor does shift to another screen, but the dual screen is still black(even though apps are working on it. And when i switch to only the second screen, the second screen works completely fine(Indicating that the hardware is absolutely fine)

I've tried with many forum suggestions such as changing the resolution of both the screens as well as changing the primary monitors and the configuration of both the screens and orientation as well but no luck. I've even tried changing the Microsoft administrator account to a new account to reset to the default setting but no luck there as well. And other ways to reset to the default setting weren't possible on my laptop.

Please do suggest what could be the possible ways to solve the issue which wasn't there when i initially started.

Thanks!

Windows Version 1903(OS Build 18362.592)

vanshaeeee, May 24, 2020
  3. Qumar_-_ Win User
    External monitors extending issue.

I am trying to connect 6 external monitors to my laptop running on windows 10. I am using DVI-D dual-link to HDMI cable to connect the monitors to the HDMI splitter and HDMI to HDMI cable to connect the splitter to the laptop. There
    is just one problem when I am extending the screens, the external monitors seem to duplicate themselves rather than extend. So instead of 1 to 7 for all monitors combined, all my laptop only detects 1 and 2. 1 being my laptop and 2 being all the other external
    6 monitors. That means that all the external monitors showing me the same thing as in they duplicate and not extend. Any suggestion on it can be fixed so all the external monitors become the extension of my main laptop and do not duplicate?

Qumar_-_, May 24, 2020
  4. Three monitors, one extended, one duplicated. Possible?

extending monitors

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

solote allow two monitors but here I leave this possible solution

Step 1

Connect a monitor to the normal video card, using the necessary cable (DVI, VGA or HDMI). This will be the main screen, so place it directly in front of your computer's cabinet.

Step 2

Connect the second monitor to the alternative port of the video card, and then restart the computer. The PC will automatically detect the second monitor.

Step 3

Go to the "Show options" window by right clicking on the desktop, then select the "Properties" option. From there, click on the second monitor (which will appear in the drop-down menu), and then activate the "Extend my desktop on this screen" checkbox.

Step 4

Connect the third monitor to your original video card (if it has three outputs) or to another video card, and then restart the computer one more time.

Step 5

Go to the "Show options" window by right clicking on the desktop, then select the "Properties" option. From there, click on the third monitor (which will appear in the drop-down menu), and then activate the "Extend my desktop to this screen" checkbox

regards...

MiguelChiappori, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Three monitors, one extended, one duplicated. Possible?

1. Three monitors, one extended, one duplicated. Possible? - Similar Threads - Three monitors extended

2. Possible to duplicate extended desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible to duplicate extended desktop?: Hi, i have a laptop connected to 2 monitors, total 3 displays. Laptop is display 1, followed by monitor 1 is display 2, monitor is display 3.Is it possible to extend my laptop to display 2 and also to have duplicate of this extended desktop shown on display 3?i.e. display 1...
  3. Possible to duplicate extended desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible to duplicate extended desktop?: Hi, i have a laptop connected to 2 monitors, total 3 displays. Laptop is display 1, followed by monitor 1 is display 2, monitor is display 3.Is it possible to extend my laptop to display 2 and also to have duplicate of this extended desktop shown on display 3?i.e. display 1...
  4. Hide Taskbar on one of three monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide Taskbar on one of three monitors: I want to hide the Taskbar on only one of my three monitors. When I right-click the taskbar and go to Taskbar Settings, there is an option to show the taskbar on all displays. This is turned on by default, but when I turn it off, the Taskbar on my second and third monitor...
  5. Hide Taskbar on one of three monitors

Hide Taskbar on one of three monitors: I want to hide the Taskbar on only one of my three monitors. When I right-click the taskbar and go to Taskbar Settings, there is an option to show the taskbar on all displays. This is turned on by default, but when I turn it off, the Taskbar on my second and third monitor...
  6. Nightlight only working on one of three monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightlight only working on one of three monitors: Hello,I have tried to switch from f.lux to Windows nightlight, as f.lux causes some issues for me. However when I turn on Windows Nightlight, it only affects one monitor. The monitor it works on is plugged in via DVI, the others are HDMI and DP.I already tried deleting the...
  7. Nightlight only working on one of three monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nightlight only working on one of three monitors: Hello,I have tried to switch from f.lux to Windows nightlight, as f.lux causes some issues for me. However when I turn on Windows Nightlight, it only affects one monitor. The monitor it works on is plugged in via DVI, the others are HDMI and DP.I already tried deleting the...
  8. Nightlight only working on one of three monitors

9. How to display only one desktop in three monitor setup?

How to display only one desktop in three monitor setup?: How to display only second or third monitor in three monitor setup? I've verified this issue on second device - same, missing options. There's no issue in two monitor setup - i can display only on 1, and only on 2. As soon as I'm plugging in third monitor options for...
  10. How to display only one of three monitor in three monitor setup?

How to display only one of three monitor in three monitor setup?: How to display only first or third monitor in three monitor setup? I've verified this issue on second device - same, missing options. There's no issue in two monitor setup - i can display only on 1, and only on 2. As soon as i plugging in third monitor options for...