Windows 10: Three monitors

Discus and support Three monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to connect two external "monitors" an old Vizio TV and an old Dell monitor to my laptop Windows 10 for a total of three monitors. The TV is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alex_Young, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Three monitors

I am trying to connect two external "monitors" an old Vizio TV and an old Dell monitor to my laptop Windows 10 for a total of three monitors. The TV is connected to the laptop's HDMI port via an HDMI cable and the monitor is connected to the laptop's USB port via a VGA cable with a VGA female to USB male adapter. When I connect just the monitor but not the TV, the monitor is detected and works. When I plug in the TV, the TV works, but the monitor keeps working for a second, then goes black and is no longer detected. Is there a way to have all three displays--the built-in laptop display, the TV, and the old monitor--work at the same time? If so, how?

All the graphics drivers are up to date and I have tried restarting it, unplugging the displays and plugging them back in, etc.

:)

Alex_Young, Mar 29, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Three monitors

i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Three monitors

1. Three monitors - Similar Threads - Three monitors

2. Only 1 of my three monitors works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only 1 of my three monitors works.: I have a Dell latitude 7420 when I shut the lid only 1 of my three monitors works. I have already changed the setting for when I close the lid "do nothing". This didn't resolve my issue....
  3. Only 1 of my three monitors works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only 1 of my three monitors works.: I have a Dell latitude 7420 when I shut the lid only 1 of my three monitors works. I have already changed the setting for when I close the lid "do nothing". This didn't resolve my issue....
  4. I have three monitors connected to my PC, how to switch between two of them and the other one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have three monitors connected to my PC, how to switch between two of them and the other one: I had two monitors and the dual monitor worked well until I got a new monitor. So now I have three monitors in total, two of them are 27-inch which I use in my daily work, and the third one is a 48-inch OLED monitor which I use to play video games and watch movies. I want to...
  5. I have three monitors connected to my PC, how to switch between two of them and the other one

I have three monitors connected to my PC, how to switch between two of them and the other one: I had two monitors and the dual monitor worked well until I got a new monitor. So now I have three monitors in total, two of them are 27-inch which I use in my daily work, and the third one is a 48-inch OLED monitor which I use to play video games and watch movies. I want to...
  6. how do I use three or more monitors at a time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I use three or more monitors at a time?: I wanted to use three or more monitors at the same time is that possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-use-three-or-more-monitors-at-a-time/16dfa3c7-b198-4352-a9c2-472117fee405
  7. how do I use three or more monitors at a time?

how do I use three or more monitors at a time?: I wanted to use three or more monitors at the same time is that possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-use-three-or-more-monitors-at-a-time/16dfa3c7-b198-4352-a9c2-472117fee405
  8. I have three monitors and i want to merge them into one big monitor can you do that on...

I have three monitors and i want to merge them into one big monitor can you do that on...: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-three-monitors-and-i-want-to-merge-them/c452300b-bf58-4b75-9aa8-a1d49150ea93
  9. I have three monitors and i want to merge them into one big monitor can you do that on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have three monitors and i want to merge them into one big monitor can you do that on...: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-three-monitors-and-i-want-to-merge-them/c452300b-bf58-4b75-9aa8-a1d49150ea93
  10. How to prevent Windows from changing the icons and wallpaper in three monitors when the...

How to prevent Windows from changing the icons and wallpaper in three monitors when the...: I have followed the method below:Method 1: Change the Background form File/Windows Explorer. Login as Administrator and copy the two images which you want to set as Background and paste it in the path: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows Select both the images, right click and...