Windows 10: Three Reasons Microsoft Stopped Free Windows 10 Upgrades

Discus and support Three Reasons Microsoft Stopped Free Windows 10 Upgrades in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Three Reasons Microsoft Stopped Free Windows 10 Upgrades Microsoft MSFT -0.82% has stood by its promise. Last week the company confirmed it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, May 14, 2016.

1. Three Reasons Microsoft Stopped Free Windows 10 Upgrades

Three Reasons Microsoft Stopped Free Windows 10 Upgrades

Read more: http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...4#2cdfc6f9451e

:)

Cluster Head, May 14, 2016
  2. JES1112 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade

I've tried for hours to upgrade to Windows 10 (today is the last day for the free upgrade.) Three times I've started the upgrade, and each time the upgrade stops at 44%. Before starting the first upgrade attempt, I did a check to make sure my computer
    was capable for the upgrade and everything was okay. I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium. I've read posts about problems when having a SD card in the SD bus. I don't have a card in the bus. Any suggestions for a fix? Will
    Microsoft extend the free upgrade opportunity until a fix is provided?

JES1112, May 14, 2016
  3. BLANKET08 Win User
    Multiple Issues after upgrading to Windows 10

I upgraded? from 8.1 to Free Home Win-10 in early Dec. if for no other reason then to stop the constant notices for it. I have been playing **** with it ever since.

I am not sure Space Viking downloaded original Win 10 from Microsoft.

BLANKET08, May 14, 2016
  4. matfx Win User

Wonder how's Windows 10 adoption rates after the free offer ended.

matfx, May 14, 2016
  5. sml156 Win User
    I didn't read the article but Microsoft said from the get go that Windows 10 would be a free upgrade for one year.

This is why I did not read the article, I will not disable my ad blocker for Forbes.

sml156, May 14, 2016
  6. marsmimar Win User
    Microsoft has long advertised that the free upgrade will end July 29, 2016. Are they pulling the plug sooner than that? I didn't read the Forbes article either for the same reason as sml156 above.

marsmimar, May 14, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I read the article and it didn't say that.

BunnyJ, May 14, 2016
  8. Wynona Win User

I'm going to hazard the statement that, "No, they're not going to pull the free upgrade early!" There would be such a backlash as has probably never been seen before if they pulled it two months early.

I'm good in that I already have Windows 10 on all my machines, including my 11.6" tablet hybrid and have upgraded several friends' systems.

I'm also going to hazard a guess that mmmm . . . starting somewhere around June 15, upgrades will increase, as those who've said they're waiting until the last minute, will decide they need to jump onboard sooner than later. And yes, I've seen that statement made a number of times.

Wynona, May 14, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    For those who 'blow' the free upgrade: looks good on ya!

Then again, most power users spend thousands on their PC's yearly; whats a couple 100 bucks for Windows 10 gonna hurt!?

Edwin, May 14, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    If they pull the free upgrade early, then there will be 50 false advertising claims filed with the 50 different states' Attorney General's offices and massive lawsuits. Microsoft publicly put it in writing that the free upgrade will be for 1 year, it would be illegal for them to stop it early. Again, like the TPM 2.0 article, a whole bunch of hand wringing and fretting over nothing....

NavyLCDR, May 14, 2016
  11. Wynona Win User
    And that's the backlash I was talking about . . . I think it's safe to say that Microsoft is fully aware of the consequences and would never do such a thing . . . Much ado about nothing if you ask moi . . . and no one did. *Smile

Wynona, May 14, 2016
  12. sgage Win User
    They are not going to pull the free upgrade early. No one ever said they would. MS has stated that the one year free upgrade will end after one year. The speculation was all on the side of whether they would extend it, or make it 'forever'.

What's the matter, don't you trust MS to stand by their word? *Party

sgage, May 15, 2016
  13. Three Reasons Microsoft Stopped Free Windows 10 Upgrades

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm *Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2

thegeriatric, May 15, 2016
  14. I don't think they will pull the free upgrade offer early, but don't expect them to extend it longer either. I didn't read the forbes article either as I don't like forbes practices of showing a crapload of adware just to get to the story you want to see

Computer tech, May 15, 2016
  15. Edwin New Member
    Pop it into Reader View for a sec!

Three Reasons Microsoft Stopped Free Windows 10 Upgrades [​IMG]

Edwin, May 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Three Reasons Microsoft Stopped Free Windows 10 Upgrades - Similar Threads - Three Reasons Microsoft

2. Free Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Windows 10 upgrade: Device name DESKTOP-BJ4Q8SL Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB Device ID 91F58026-B03B-45C3-AAAC-D47A26CECD54 Product ID 00330-50000-00000-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch...
  3. Free Upgrade To Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Upgrade To Windows 10: Actually I Wanted A Free Upgrade Genuine Version Of Windows 10. How Can I Get It https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-to-windows-10/13be50c0-2131-4a45-ba0e-3523a848f8b9
  4. Upgrade free to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade free to windows 10: Whats better from windows 7 or 8 ? I have licences for both but didnt want to purchase a furthur third. 160219
  5. Windows 10 free upgrade

Windows 10 free upgrade: Hi guys, I was hoping someone could supply me with an answer to the following question. Now with COVID I and so many others out there are forced to work from home and I only have Windows 7 Home Premium at my disposal. I know I have missed the Windows 10 free upgrade window...
  6. Windows 10 Free Upgrade

Windows 10 Free Upgrade: I finally got someone to fix my computer so that I could install the free Windows 10 upgrade. My problem is that my OEM Windows 7 Pro product key did not follow along and I'm now getting an error message saying that I cannot complete activation with the Product key that I...
  7. windows 10 free upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade: I did the windows 10 upgrade from windows 8.1 and I cant get it activated due to product key or digital license i dont think i ever got a digital license information email or anything where can i find the license information to activate the free upgraded windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade is not Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade is not Free: I have been using Windows 10 upgrade and having worked in IT support. I have been thinking about Microsoft and their motives. I decided to change my hard drive and Win 10 deactivated. I called MS and was told I had to reinstall qualifying product and do another upgrade. Soon...
  9. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?: Hmm I firstly thought that free upgrade to windows 10 has end but now I see MS giving away windows 10 free again in this wsite?- Here 74024
  10. The "Free" Windows 10 Upgrade

The "Free" Windows 10 Upgrade: I have a couple of questions regarding the "Free" upgrade for windows 7 & 8.1. When the upgrade is finally available and I download this to my computer and perform the upgrade, Is there a way to ever perform a "clean" install of Windows 10 in the future on the PC/Laptop? Or,...