Windows 10: Three versions of 'Desktop'?

Discus and support Three versions of 'Desktop'? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the following screenshot I've shown the three versions of the entity called 'Desktop' on my PC. [img] On the left is the one I rarely see or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Terrypin Win User

Three versions of 'Desktop'?

In the following screenshot I've shown the three versions of the entity called 'Desktop' on my PC.

Three versions of 'Desktop'? [​IMG]

On the left is the one I rarely see or use, I suppose you'd call it the 'classic' desktop, displayed when you use Win + M to minimise everything (or other routes), with 'Show desktop icons' enabled.

On the right is what I see when I use Taskbar > Right-click > Toolbars > Desktop. The one I use the most.

In the middle is the folder that appears when I open 'Desktop' via this route:

Three versions of 'Desktop'? [​IMG]

What am I missing here? Why do they not have have identical content?

I've also posted in http://www.windows10forums.com/threa...desktop.11419/

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Nov 23, 2016
  2. naomitsy Win User

Windows 10 three versions 1607, 1703, 1709

If that is the case, why the updates(KBxxxxxx) for old version1609 is still being posted?

naomitsy, Nov 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 three versions 1607, 1703, 1709

I also have a paid Microsoft Assist account for online help. You arrange for Microsoft to log in to your computer, when they do and cannot solve the problem they just disconnect your chat line and the help connection. You then have to log in again and
    same scenario. If I ran my business like Microsoft I would have no customers. They just rip every dollar they can from you & give nothing in return. You cannot even ring someone for help. I think their operations are bordering on dishonest as they are not
    governed under local Australian consumer law. I wish they were.

ChrisJudd1, Nov 23, 2016
Thema:

Three versions of 'Desktop'?

1. Three versions of 'Desktop'? - Similar Threads - Three versions 'Desktop'

2. three random user profiles showed up on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    three random user profiles showed up on my desktop: Title. All of them were named DESKTOP/string of numbers and had nothing in them besides the base stuff like when you first make a profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/three-random-user-profiles-showed-up-on-my-desktop/1ec0d92d-f651-4692-aebd-c0dced4bf2a3
  3. Windows version on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows version on desktop: I turned this on with both Winaero Tweaker and a registry entry. I worked fine until yesterday. Now the version appears when I first start to boot up, as soon as the desktop appears, but then it disappears. Does anyone know why?...
  4. Windows version on desktop

Windows version on desktop: I turned this on with both Winaero Tweaker and a registry entry. I worked fine until yesterday. Now the version appears when I first start to boot up, as soon as the desktop appears, but then it disappears. Does anyone know why?...
  5. Incorrect Version on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect Version on Desktop: My current Windows 10 version is 21H1OS Build 19043.1055. This is what it displayed when I used "winver" command. When I enable windows version on my desktop, its display incorrectly as "Windows 10 Home Build 19041.vb_release.191206-1406" exactly mentioned as in quotes....
  6. upgrading on a computer with three desktops

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    upgrading on a computer with three desktops: I share a computer with two other people. We share one service provider but have three seperate desktop access. I want to upgrade my Avast antivirus that we all share. If I upgrade it on my desktop will it automatically upgrade on the other two. If not, what should I do to...
  7. upgrading on a computer with three desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    upgrading on a computer with three desktops: I share a computer with two other people. We share one service provider but have three seperate desktop access. I want to upgrade my Avast antivirus that we all share. If I upgrade it on my desktop will it automatically upgrade on the other two. If not, what should I do to...
  8. OneDrive - Word doc missing three days of versions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - Word doc missing three days of versions: Hi - first time posting and this feels like a really odd problem, so please bear with if I don't explain it very well. For the last few days I've been working on several Word docs, all with autosave switched on. All but one of them have saved correctly to Onedrive, with...
  9. Desktop exceeds size of monitor on three different monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop exceeds size of monitor on three different monitors: I have seen prior posts about this but none are exactly my problem and none of the suggestions fixed it. Turned on my laptop one day and the desktop is larger than the monitor. If I move my cursor to an edge of the monitor, the display moves over - so I can see the entire...
  10. Messengers - the desktop version

Messengers - the desktop version: there are messengers primarily used on Android and other platforms but they also have the desktop versions. Case in point is Skype but there are others such as viber, whatsapp and telegram and also Signal. They all run on Win10 or any other recent version. Viber is great...