Windows 10: Three Win10 Machines connected via switch

Discus and support Three Win10 Machines connected via switch in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have one server, two pcs, a laptop and two xbox's all connected using the following network scheme: Modem > All-in-One Router > 8-port switch >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/throwawaytechthings, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Three Win10 Machines connected via switch

I have one server, two pcs, a laptop and two xbox's all connected using the following network scheme:

Modem > All-in-One Router > 8-port switch > everything else (server/pc from switch, phones/laptops via wireless)

My question is: Why does my Network Explorer window not show all of lthe computers on the network, despite being able to RDP to all of them interchangeably. I have made sure that network discovery is on, I have made sure that the private network settings aren't glaringly obvious, I have tried to 'add' computer to network. Nothing seems to be a surefire way of being able to see all of the computers on the network at any given time.

Is there a setting I am missing, or a piece of knowledge I am misunderstanding? Is a workgroup or domain required for those machines to all be discoverable reliably. This isn't a huge problem but it would be nice to know the explanation as to why it behaves this way.

Currently, this is what I see: ---> Network List <--- There should be an additional 4 devices on that list. All 4 are on and connected to the same network.

submitted by /u/throwawaytechthings
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/throwawaytechthings, Nov 30, 2019
  2. groston Win User

Cannot access Win10 machine via local network

I am 'birthing' my first Win10 machine, OS V1809, and must have goofed something up...

All machines in my home belong to the same Workgroup and the users/passwords are consistent across all machines. From my Win7 desktop, I:
    • Can access my Win10 machine, via Explorer, using its IP address
    • Can ping the Win10 machine using both its name and IP address
    • Cannot access the Win10 machine, via Explorer, using its name

From the Win10 machine, I can see all other computers on the network and access all of them.

I do not believe that this is a firewall issue as the issue persists when the firewall is disabled. I do believe that network and file sharing is enabled (but, I could be wrong). The issue exists with both the Ethernet and WiFi connections, so it is probably not interface-specific.

Please suggest what I can do to resolve this issue. Thx.

groston, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Three Win10 Machines connected via switch

admin settings on Win10 for PC

Hi Hamza,

Is your PC connected to a domain network?

If your are connected to a domain network and yet facing this issue, I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

Method1:

First, I would suggest you to try switching your User account from a Microsoft account to a local account and check if the issue persists. Click on 'Settings', click on 'Accounts' and then click on "sign in with a local account' in the "your accounts' section.
    Restart the computer and switch back to a Microsoft account and check.

If the issue persists, try these steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Close the Powershell window
    • Reboot

Try these and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Three Win10 Machines connected via switch

1. Three Win10 Machines connected via switch - Similar Threads - Three Win10 Machines

2. Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth: I can pair my Nintendo switch pro controller and it will be automatically setup by windows, however if I turn the controller off and on again, it doesn't reconnect. To reconnect, I have to remove the device and pair it again. How can I make the controller automatically...
  3. Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth: I can pair my Nintendo switch pro controller and it will be automatically setup by windows, however if I turn the controller off and on again, it doesn't reconnect. To reconnect, I have to remove the device and pair it again. How can I make the controller automatically...
  4. Connecting Nintendo switch pro controller via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Switching between three languages with macros

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between three languages with macros: Hello, guys! On my computer I use mainly my native language (Bulgarian) and English and I switch between them constantly. I started learning Japanese last year and there are instances where I need to use Japanese keyboard. My question is - is there any setting or a third...
  6. Cannot access Win10 machine via local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access Win10 machine via local network: I am 'birthing' my first Win10 machine, OS V1809, and must have goofed something up... All machines in my home belong to the same Workgroup and the users/passwords are consistent across all machines. From my Win7 desktop, I: Can access my Win10 machine, via Explorer, using...
  7. New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network

New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network: I have a 3 machine Homegroup network consisting of one Win7 and two Win10's, and 1 network printer. All 3 machines can see everything on the other two machines and the printer. All 3 machines, and the new machine, are on the same WiFi network. I'm trying to add a new Win10...
  8. New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network

New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network: I have a 3 machine Homegroup network consisting of one Win7 and two Win10's, and 1 network printer. All 3 machines can see everything on the other two machines and the printer. All 3 machines, and the new machine, are on the same WiFi network. I'm trying to add a new Win10...
  9. Set three keys via registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Set three keys via registry: Hello Please somebody help, in Windows 10 64-bit 1903 , in settings under Search then first tab is Permissions & history I want to check if any of these 3 items can be set via registry a) Radio button : to Off b) button: Windows cloud search to Off c) button " My device...
  10. Switching three W10 systems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching three W10 systems: Hello - This might start out like a jumbled mess but hopefully I'll be able to clarify so please bear with me. I have three systems A, B & C A is main system running W10 Pro 64 and 3770K - w10 was purchased from MS store B is secondary running W10 Home 64 and 980X - w10...