Windows 10: Threshold 2 question

Discus and support Threshold 2 question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 professional. Unfortunately all this fast/slow ring , insider stuff is a tad confusing. On my machine I ticked defer updates as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scottyboy99, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Threshold 2 question

I have Windows 10 professional. Unfortunately all this fast/slow ring , insider stuff is a tad confusing. On my machine I ticked defer updates as I don't want to be a beta tester/Guinea pig for any old release that comes down the pipe. But obviously I wonder about threshold 2 slated for this Thursday. It's sounds as though it's fit for public consumption - so my question is, because I ticked defer whether I will be getting this big update or not? If not , how long does defer mean? Should I be unticking defer?

My main aim is to receive safe, tested updates and keep well away from beta or early build stuff

Cheers, Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Nov 10, 2015

2. Threshold 2 question.

I cant find the threshold 2 update error anywhere,i just got a windows update error code 0x80244022 now,please help,im running windows 10 home 64 bit.

DylanTurnerZH, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Threshold 2 question.

hi,ive been waiting for the threshold 2 update to download to my pc,i was wondering if anyone running windows 10 home has already received the update,or if its only available currently to business pc's running windows 10 pro?

DylanTurnerZH, Nov 10, 2015
  4. z3r010 Win User

Threshold 2 question

I'm not 100% clear from what you have written - are you a participant in the insider program? and if so why if you didn't want to test stuff?

z3r010, Nov 10, 2015
  5. No I'm not part of the insider program. I just wonder if I will receive this threshold update on Thursday along with everyone else given that I have defer ticked in advanced menu. I purely ticked that with intention of keeping early builds well away from Windows

Thanks, Wayne

6. lx07 Win User
  7. Kumabjorn Win User
    Defer just mean you can select when the updates gets installed, they will still be pushed to you. You can always ask for updates in System Updates. So if you want TH2 you just go in there Thursday and install it.

Kumabjorn, Nov 10, 2015
  8. NonXtreme Win User

Threshold 2 question

If you're not an insider you will never receive any beta/early build.

So ticking defer mean nothing but delay the update that stable build should be received.

NonXtreme, Nov 10, 2015
  9. Ok thanks all, I will untick it later then. Better take a system image first!!!

10. z3r010 Win User
    All the testing is done by the insiders so by the time it gets to you it should all be fine, tbh at this early point in the OS's life you should be taking all the updates as they are still fixing the bugs.

z3r010, Nov 10, 2015
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Your statement contradicts itself:
    "by the time it gets to you it should all be fine" is a direct contradiction to, "they are still fixing the bugs."

NavyLCDR, Nov 11, 2015
  12. Kumabjorn Win User
    The intent was that bugs are being fixed so by accepting upgrades you'll get a more bug free setup.

Kumabjorn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Threshold 2 question

1. Threshold 2 question - Similar Threads - Threshold question

2. Account Lockout Threshold, duration, counter? settings defeated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Lockout Threshold, duration, counter? settings defeated?: new machine, windows 11 home.enabled gpedit.mscaccount lockout threshold 10 attempts, reset after 5 minutes.ok, tried the settings, to see if it worked.after 5 incorrect attempts, microsoft responded with "enter challenge phrase a1b2c3".THEN, gave options to enter either PIN...
  3. Account Lockout Threshold, duration, counter? settings defeated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Lockout Threshold, duration, counter? settings defeated?: new machine, windows 11 home.enabled gpedit.mscaccount lockout threshold 10 attempts, reset after 5 minutes.ok, tried the settings, to see if it worked.after 5 incorrect attempts, microsoft responded with "enter challenge phrase a1b2c3".THEN, gave options to enter either PIN...
  4. Account Lockout Threshold

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Lockout Threshold: Earlier today I got locked out of my laptop for 2 hours due to failed sign in attempts. I know my password, but I tend to make typos, and got unlucky this time. I wanted to change the settings so I could stop this from happening again. However, when I do `net accounts` in an...
  5. Account Lockout Threshold

Account Lockout Threshold: Earlier today I got locked out of my laptop for 2 hours due to failed sign in attempts. I know my password, but I tend to make typos, and got unlucky this time. I wanted to change the settings so I could stop this from happening again. However, when I do `net accounts` in an...
  6. Account Lockout Threshold

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows 11 Home edition account lockout threshold

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home edition account lockout threshold: Is there a default threshold in Windows 11 home edition for the number of attempts you can have to log on with a PIN before the account locks if the PIN is wrong? If so how long is the account locked and can you change the settings...
  8. Windows 11 Home edition account lockout threshold

Windows 11 Home edition account lockout threshold: Is there a default threshold in Windows 11 home edition for the number of attempts you can have to log on with a PIN before the account locks if the PIN is wrong? If so how long is the account locked and can you change the settings...
  9. the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the account lockout policy threshold property grayed out: hi,I can't change the value of the account lockout threshold for the account lockout duration property because it is grayed out on the Windows 10 workstation. any ideas?thanks,Y...
  10. Windows Threshold: Answers to the questions you have been asking

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Threshold: Answers to the questions you have been asking: For the past 5 weeks or so, we have been uncovering quite a bit about Microsoft's next update to Windows, internally called Threshold, and since then, we have received a couple a copious amounts of emails and pings on Twitter about the update, and as we have learned more, we...