Windows 10: Throttle moving fast back and forth when joystick throttle is idle

Discus and support Throttle moving fast back and forth when joystick throttle is idle in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have this Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that I use for flight simulators and that won't stay at the throttle setting I set. In flight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hoggorm, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Hoggorm Win User

Throttle moving fast back and forth when joystick throttle is idle

Hi,

I have this Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that I use for flight simulators and that won't stay at the throttle setting I set.

In flight the problem is not all that big except when the throttle is set close to afterburner (since then the afterburner may kick in and out all the time), but when on idle this is a major issue since the engine is given power all the time...

Throttle moving fast back and forth when joystick throttle is idle [​IMG]

In this picture you can see the approximate throttle position and the area where it will wander inside when at idle... Sometimes it is stationary for a few secs, other times it moves fast several times a sec.

I've tried the following:

Use a different computer
    Disconnect and connect the joystick USB
    Calibrating using devices settings in Windows 10
    Reinstalled the Extreme 3D Pro joystick driver

No attempt seems to fix the problem, so I was wondering if you had any suggestions?

:)

Hoggorm, Mar 28, 2018

2. Saitek X45 driver uninstall

so I had been feeling like I wasn't geeting the most out of my X45 so I downloaded the driver from the website linked below, then to test it out I opened up Elite Dangerous: Horizons which had been working fine with the X45 but now that I'm using the X45
    joystick driver -rather than the joystick driver that comes with windows 10- it does not work as well, the throttle doesn't work right and I can't bind the throttle in ED:H's control settings, I know what I want to do but not how, what I want to do is uninstall
    the X45 driver and go back to the native joystick driver

Drivers and Sofware for Saitek Pro Flight Sim Products | Saitek.com

***Moved from Windows / Gaming on Windows 10***

Riku Anita, Mar 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 freezes when Joystick is plugged in.

Original Title: Rhino X55.

Windows 10 freezes when cold booting but only if I have my Joystick and throttle plugged in. The stick is a Rhino x55 and the problem is intermittent.

andrewhutchins, Mar 28, 2018
  4. CountMike New Member

Analog joysticks work by measuring resistance in potentiometers (variable resistors) to resolve position. Any fluctuation ov voltage and temperature may produce different resistance and only way would be to reduce sensitivity.

CountMike, Mar 30, 2018
  5. Hoggorm Win User
    I opened the joystick and cleaned the potentiometer. After the procedure the throttle appears to be working again Thank you

Hoggorm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Throttle moving fast back and forth when joystick throttle is idle - Similar Threads - Throttle moving fast

2. Is bandwidth being throttled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is bandwidth being throttled?: Please excuse the formatting of the text. I couldn't fix it.My internet connection is very slow. I had an idea to search my files with Agent Ransack using the search "bandwidth" and found quite a few files in C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\SmbShareThere's...
  3. cpu throttling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu throttling: when I'm at game or some thing that puts pressure on the CPU my CPU clock comes down and my laptop crashes for a few second as long as I continue that work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-throttling/d549268b-acac-4ac1-9d28-07109fe50d60
  4. cpu throttling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cpu throttling: when I'm at game or some thing that puts pressure on the CPU my CPU clock comes down and my laptop crashes for a few second as long as I continue that work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-throttling/d549268b-acac-4ac1-9d28-07109fe50d60
  5. Bandwidth Throttling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bandwidth Throttling: My internet connection has been really slow for a while now, and I get frequent disconnections while online. I use a wired Ethernet connection on a LAN network, and I use Google DNS servers. I don't know if that's relevant. My ISP is Earthlink, but when I run speed tests, my...
  6. Bandwidth Throttling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bandwidth Throttling: My internet connection has been really slow for a while now, and I get frequent disconnections while online. I use a wired Ethernet connection on a LAN network, and I use Google DNS servers. I don't know if that's relevant. My ISP is Earthlink, but when I run speed tests, my...
  7. CPU throttling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU throttling: I recently purchased a used HP Stream 14-ax010wm and did a clean win10 install. The issue is that the processor only runs at a maximum 30% .48ghz. When I start in safe mode it's functioning how it's supposed to. I've tried setting minimum cpu usage, disabled low power...
  8. Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller and Joystick Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller and Joystick Controller Prevents Screensaver/Standby: I use a Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle Controller & Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS joystick to play DCS World flight sim. As long as I have the Thrustmaster TWCS game Controllers connected to a USB port either USB2.0 or USB3.2gen1 my screensaver will not initialise and my monitors...
  9. windows throttling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows throttling: Esiste un modo per forzare la limitazione di potenza ovvero il power throttling attivo anche quando il notebook è in modalità ac ovvero in carica ? chiedo questo perché mi permetterebbe di lavorare con il pc sotto carica ed avere temperature ragionevoli. Al momento è quasi...
  10. Joystick and Throttle nolonger detectabl by most games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Joystick and Throttle nolonger detectabl by most games: I have a Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS Joystick and Throttle which used to work on my system. Now however, the vast majority of my games do not detect either device at all when they are plugged in. I have the correct and updated drivers for the joysticks. Under windows, ALL...